It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I smell a rat as far as ISIS is concerned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Something that continually bothers me when I hear how much money ISIS is earning from oil fields that they have stolen is why the bombing strategy of hitting convoys and men in the field simply doesn't include hit the oil fields and drying up their cash cow? No money makes it difficult to carry on fighting?

I doubt its because of polluting the land around these oil fields because they have already used uranium tipped weapons which have polluted the ground and people, so much so that cancer is now more common than a common cold in Iraq.

Surely you would want to get rid of ISIS as fast as possible because of the terrible murders and other things this group of horrors are getting up. One sure way is to get rid of their finance which stops them buying weapons and running their forces? But this doesn't seem to be being considered. Its obvious the USA wants to get men on the ground and each beheading of USA or European hostages get more and more people upset and ready to "teach them a lesson "blah blah blah.

There is something sinister behind ISIS as it is terrifying people and so is a weapon for manipulating people and the longer they can carry out their atrocities the easier it is to sell yet another war to the public and I suspect that Assad is the man they really want dead.

I also find Israel's silence on this threat utterly amazing yet Netty is carrying on as though everything is hunky dorey in Syria which is right on his borders? - yet more rats around that don't make any sense.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why would Netenyahu be too upset?
Hes getting Sunnis killing Shiites....(theres a LOT MORE Shiites)
Hes getting coalition bombing Iraq....
And hes getting The world to look away from the ISIS like atrocities ion the Gaza strip.......
Another beheading detracts from another Israeli war crime being too widely published.....
And Syria is taking a # kicking that will set it back decades....
edit on 17-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

There is something sinister behind ISIS

Its called the U.S government.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Well who's going to rebuild the oil field infrastructure afterwards? That ish is expensive. I know the Iraqi people would rather not have to rebuild their main source of income if possible.

Just yesterday Iraqi commandos took back the refinery outside baiji. 300,000 barrel a day capacity. ISIS gets between 30-60 a barrel. Market price is usually around $100 which is what the Iraqis get.

So destroying this would definitely hurt ISIS in the short term and gain an advantage but you'd also be bombing yourself into the poor house... It's not quite time for all out destruction like that yet. Lots of Iraqis got fight in them. I follow a few on Instagram and these guys are as intelligent and brave as any American warriors. Some good folks fighting hard to take their country back.

Just yesterday too at the "adhaim dam" in the north east of the country Shia fighters joined forces with Iraqi commandos to take back 4 villages and the dam. Things are progressing nicely as of last night. Lets give them some time to take care of the problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
Something that continually bothers me when I hear how much money ISIS is earning from oil fields that they have stolen is why the bombing strategy of hitting convoys and men in the field simply doesn't include hit the oil fields and drying up their cash cow? No money makes it difficult to carry on fighting?

What? Destroy the oil fields? You mean destroy the only reason we are in the Middle East? You know why these oil fields are lit on fire so often? If you guessed to get the West out of the Middle East by destroying the only form of wealth these countries have even if it means that they have little to nothing, you are right.

Think about it. These people are so oppressed by our dollar that they would rather BOMB THEIR OWN RESOURCES than allow us to effectively steal from them and kill them for the privilege of being stolen from.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The US and Coalition have been bombing ISIS oil fields as main part of its strategy since September. US Airstrikes Cut ISIS oil producrion by 70% This was not a secret and reported everywhere.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

You mean the Kuwait oil fields Saddam lit on fire? Those weren't his... He tried to take them... We said no.... And he said "o ya watch em burn".

Little different then poor sand people's burning their only income to keep the west out...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

You mean the Kuwait oil fields Saddam lit on fire? Those weren't his... He tried to take them... We said no.... And he said "o ya watch em burn".

Little different then poor sand people's burning their only income to keep the west out...

That guy was more of the Batman Villian "IF I CANT HAVE IT NO ONE CAN!!!!" Variety.

(And there are a lot of poor people in Kuwait that would love to see the oil dry up.)
edit on 17-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You are not alone in your confusion and suspensions OP

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I bet they are going to be very very happy in the next 20 years that oil is in their region. If everyone can start acting like adults Kuwait could enjoy some prosperity among many other nations.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ISIS, as we all know is the fabrication of a Western Sponsored mercanary army......fortunately unofrtunately all the sympathising dropkicks that follow them in the west are elaving to go to the mideast.

ISIS is financially sponsored by Saudi Arabia, primarily, the USA, England, Qatar, Israel and Turkey.

ISIS is doing the "dirty work" in the mideast that neither of its sponsored nations can "legally" do, support, or sanction. Its a win win geo-politically for the Shadow government.

At same time it is getting people in western nations to lobby their governments to take more action militarily against them.

Used to be a time when it was difficult to get support for war.....not in this case, because the attrocities are on par with what Hitler did.

yet, for some reason, we are not seeing a concerted global effort to invade and eradicate the Mideast.........why?

Have attrocities become acceptable in this modern day??????

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Think about this a minute. So those people that don't deserve a name have a few oil fields. Answer this. where are they selling the oil? Logistics dictate as Iraq (where the oil is) they would HAVE to pipe it either through Iran, Kuwait, Syria, Saudi or Jordan it gets mixed up with their oil so who is facilitating the sales of oil. As for the US taking the profits and depriving the locals from profiting I think you seriously aught to have a rethink. Since the 60s the vast majority of profits have been going to the OPEC nations. They have been dictating the global cost of oil not the US and how much has filtered through to their own poor. Let me think!!!! NOTHING, nada, zilch. Let me think where the money has gone. So many billion on building a palm shaped island for rich people, so many billion on bribing the poison dwarf to event formula 1 races, so many million bribing FIFA for the word cup, so many billion on buying property in Europe, endless palaces and super cars the list is endless. So before you start US bashing look closer to their home for not looking after their poor.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Petrodollar

Petrodollar refers to United States dollars earned through the sale by a country of its petroleum (oil) to another country.

You want to read that.

And this.

Petrodollar recycling

Petrodollar recycling refers to the phenomenon of major petroleum-producing nations – mainly the OPEC members – earning more money from the export of oil than they could feasibly invest in their own economies. It was a phenomenon of the late 1970s and early 1980s, the peak years for petrodollar surpluses

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The reason it "smells like a rat" is because you want it to.

There is a sad undercurrent in conspiratorial waters, a twisted little theme that makes me wonder if these threads are part of the conspiracy. The US aren't the ultra puppet masters so many want them to be and they are certainly not controlling every situation.

The goals of the IS and the Caliph are the same as they have always been.

A guy, smarter then this friends, saw an opportunity to take power in a weak nation through the use of force. He probably believes his goals are just and that he is righteous, but he isn't dumb enough to believe God is going to rain golden showers upon him.

Every man has his needs.

So he will pillage, rape and profit from this as long as he can while trying to take over the world.

The US/EU could stop him right now, but its better for them if we are distracted and discouraged by these constant stories as it makes us less likely to do anything radical ourselves.

edit on 17-11-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Melbourne_Militia

There's lots of people fighting back against the atrocities.

A battle against an insurgency has little
Chance of winning unless its the local populace that's doing the fighting. We learned over the last 15 years in Iraq and afganistan that battling an insurgency can turn into a pseudo occupation in the eyes of the locals.

The best shot at beating this insurgency is going to be with local soldiers defending there homelands for their people. A just war and a just defense.

I wonder what the anti government crowds will yell about if the Middle East stablizes itself.. Just yesterday Henry Kissinger said it was wrong to say Assad needed to be overthrown.. I can almost see the light at the end of this tunnel!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Except for the fact that they have bombed those oil fields and refineries since the early Autumn.

A simple Google search of US Bombing ISIS Oil shows multiple articles about this but I know it's more fun for conspiracy folks to make things up vs actually doing some research . Here is a link to just 1 article talking about it: www.nydailynews.com...

Here is just one quote from one of those articles, "For a second straight day, U.S. and Arab country jets took aim at what it the biggest source of ISIS money — black market oil that brings in about $2 million a day."
edit on 17-11-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

What Kissenger actualy said was

“It was wrong to say from the beginning that Assad must go -- although it is a desirable ultimate goal,”

Odd thing for you to leave out.

edit on 17-11-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe because behind their black masks, odd need to hide their faces and well-financed gear, their arms look suspiciously white rather than brown? Like people who haven't even been deployed in the area for more than a week or two??

Maybe because the old boogie men weren't working and nothing says 'terror' like a few beheadings?

Because the NSA, FBI and CIA, not to mention the entire population of the Pentagon says they were 'caught by surprise' by this sudden and well organized 'terrorist' group, even after billions of intercepted communications globally?

Because psychopaths are running the planet and they get bored with the same actors all the time and need to invent new ones?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here's your answer:

Biden "has been the prime proponent of a decentralized Iraq, and although in the campaign Sen. McCain described [Biden's] plan as a 'cockamamie' idea," Galbraith says, "it is in fact what the Bush administration has done." In 2007, the Bush administration financed a Sunni army — the Awakening — and Galbraith says this is responsible for the success so far in Iraq. Biden would take this to the next step and encourage the Sunnis to form their own region, which would control that army, just as the Kurdistan region controls the Peshmerga, or the Kurdistan army, Galbraith says.

NPR

The strategy is pretty simple:

Oh, and one other dirty little secret from 5,000 years of history: Ethnic cleansing works.

Armed Forces Journal

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Should we expect someone as powerful as Kissinger to eat crow without some sort of shot at the end like that?

The entire article is much more in depth and Henry has some other positive things to say too. It definitely left me feeling more optimistic then most interviews I read from Kissinger and company.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join