It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy vet gets fired for posting pics of DHS vehicles near Ferguson

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
He took pictures of publicly owned vehicles I thought? Vehicles are not patrons by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

That's not how it works. The vehicles were the property of a patron. The vehicles identified the patrons. This was classic dumb@ss gets fired for being a dumb@ss.

And why does everyone supporting him keep conveniently leaving off the fact that he USED THE RIOTERS TAG when posting the photo...
edit on 24-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
First of all, no one "owns" any twatter tag, so stop calling it rioter's tag. Secondly, they were DHS vehicles, which are paid for by the public, not private vehicles.

edit on Mon, 24 Nov 2014 01:18:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: crappy spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That "OLD LADY" who got "Anointed" suffered permanent damage and lost several layers to the skin of her vagina and thighs...are you daft?

This guy got fired for being dumb.

So, buying hot coffee and spilling it on yourself is someone else's fault?

Can I see a hot stove at your house and sit on it and collect 10 million?

A hot stove shouldn't have been hot enough to burn my booty off requiring a butt transplant, and I didn't know hot coffee could actually hurt
me, so you should pay.

Who is the DAFT one?

LOL your mind is working in reverse where responsibility to one's own actions is not connected to reality.

The guy got fired because his boss supports the status quo mindset just like how the MSM recruits new lemmings to join their status quo huge herd of lemmings that never questions where they are going and let someone else think and establish policy for them.
edit on 24-11-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

They were vehicles in a private garage. They were vehicles in use by private citizens who work for the DHS. The employee no doubt broke internal company rules about keeping the identity or job of it's patrons private.

I'm sorry you can't understand that.

And the tag was started by the rioters when the QT was burned out...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

So you are daft...

You obviously have no idea about the coffee case...McDonald's gave her a cup of coffee that was only a few degrees below boiling...as soon as she handled the cup, coffee spilled everywhere.

She was disabled for over 2 years and permanently disfigured in the groin area...

McDonalds had been notified several times they were serving coffee that was too hot. Originally the woman only wanted expenses covered, about 20k, but McDonalds refused. When it went to court the JURY awarded her all the money. Why? Because in a 10 year span over 700 people had been hospitalized over burns from the coffee served at McDonalds.

Again, the guy got fired because he's only slightly smarter than you.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i guess its not the least bit disconcerting to a little nobody who saw something bigger than himself in his little town, where the smell of dung is wafting through the filters of his local newsroom?

why collect a number of dhs vehicles closeby and 'report' they are there as a secondary means to maintain peace? or rather, why not report such a thing?

I'm sure Jay-Z and Beyonce would be glad to know their hotel is 'secure'?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

So if he took a picture of Hova and Bay at the hotel and posted it online you think his job would be fine?

As an employee of the hotel he should have used discretion. If he wanted it reported he should have notified the media anonymously or had a friend do it.

He did not use his brains.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think it is funny that hotels like this, with private garages, won't take any responsibility if a car is broken into, yet fire someone for taking a picture of cars in the garage. Kind of ironic isn't it?

Sucks for this guy, but if I were him I would have done the same thing. Media has downplayed the presence of a force there for so long, yet his pic showed that they were full of it at that time, unless there conveniently happened to be a DHS conference in the hotel.....

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
So being terminated because of his boss's political retardation and wrongful retaliation against him is no cause to pursue remediation?
10k isn't cashing in anyway, and the reasons he listed is hardly "cashing in"
So when someone is wronged in this manner and they defend themselves you call it cashing in?

Cashing in is more like when that old lady got 1 million because she was "anointed" with hot coffee from McDonalds. That is cashing in on her own stupidity. What the Vet did isn't even coming close to cashing in, and what happened to him is not even conducive to a situation that could be cashed in on anyways. If he received a big boatload of cash for this, it still wouldn't be cashing in, it would be called justice.

He isn't "defending himself". He is asking for money so that he can "pay for his expenses", expenses incurred after he decided to break the terms of his employment. Can I say with certainty that he did break the terms of his employments? Yes, I can. As someone who has seen many employee handbooks from within the service industry, I am absolutely certain that his employment package included a Nondisclosure Agreement.

He won't get a dime from any lawsuit, the only money he is going to get is the money his sob story will get him from like minded people that think he is somehow a "hero" for taking a picture of some automobiles.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I think it is funny that hotels like this, with private garages, won't take any responsibility if a car is broken into, yet fire someone for taking a picture of cars in the garage. Kind of ironic isn't it?

Sucks for this guy, but if I were him I would have done the same thing. Media has downplayed the presence of a force there for so long, yet his pic showed that they were full of it at that time, unless there conveniently happened to be a DHS conference in the hotel.....

It's not ironic at all. It is common practice, and would make private parking structures unusable if property owners needed to be responsible for the private claims of their patrons. What would stop -everyone- from claiming property damage every time someone used a parking structure? Nothing. That is what private auto insurance is for.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a reply to: loveguy

So if he took a picture of Hova and Bay at the hotel and posted it online you think his job would be fine?

Sorry, what is a Hova and Bay?

He did not use his brains.

Most people are ruled by their emotions...
if i feel something bigger than me as being imposing, i'd let other people know about it too.

my job/career is not on the same scale. and 'money' is not sufficient to compensate me...

i thought people joined the service to advance their careers? wtf is a navy vet doing a job under his pay grade?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So you are daft...

You obviously have no idea about the coffee case...McDonald's gave her a cup of coffee that was only a few degrees below boiling...as soon as she handled the cup, coffee spilled everywhere.

She was disabled for over 2 years and permanently disfigured in the groin area... (HAHA)

McDonalds had been notified several times they were serving coffee that was too hot. Originally the woman only wanted expenses covered, about 20k, but McDonalds refused. When it went to court the JURY awarded her all the money. Why? Because in a 10 year span over 700 people had been hospitalized over burns from the coffee served at McDonalds.

Again, the guy got fired because he's only slightly smarter than you.

No, he got fired for not being as smart as you. I get coffee at Mickey D's all the time and it is STILL THE SAME! About 200 degrees which is hot enough to burn the skin off your pompous arse.

Only a total imbecile gets scalded by coffee because they aren't paying attention and alert for the danger which is a personal responsibility when you don't have some baby sitter holding your hand to warn you.
edit on 24-11-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Dude, either you want to live in a democracy or you don't. The Courts, through a jury of peers, as outlined in the constitution, decided that McDonald's was responsible for the incident and was made to pay reparations.

Get over it.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
i guess its not the least bit disconcerting to a little nobody who saw something bigger than himself in his little town, where the smell of dung is wafting through the filters of his local newsroom?

why collect a number of dhs vehicles closeby and 'report' they are there as a secondary means to maintain peace? or rather, why not report such a thing?

I'm sure Jay-Z and Beyonce would be glad to know their hotel is 'secure'?

Thinking valid and logical points like this are what got him in trouble with the establishment. The few odd people here also supporting that same establishment thinking are unaware they are running along blindly with the rather large herd of fat lemmings

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Dude, either you want to live in a democracy or you don't. The Courts, through a jury of peers, as outlined in the constitution, decided that McDonald's was responsible for the incident and was made to pay reparations.

Get over it.

Dude, I never said McDonalds shouldn't share responsibility for that incident, they certainly do. But that doesn't mean a person can live like an ostrich with their head in the sand not seeing the danger, because that danger will still hurt them regardless. That was my point.

The guy in this OP story should have been thinking smarter than his stupid boss in the first place then he wouldn't have done this.

How a person like this vet can work with a moron boss like his certainly is, and still not avoid that danger is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The cognitive dissonance is your post is deafening.

Nevermind the backtracking on the McDonald's thing, but what are you TALKING about that the guy was fired got not being smarter than his boss? I sincerely have no idea what you are getting at.

1. Mark Paffrath works for a company with an NDA.
2. Mark Paffrath violates NDA.
3. Mark Paffrath is terminated for breach of contract.

This isn't complicated at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

The cognitive dissonance is your post is deafening.

Nevermind the backtracking on the McDonald's thing, but what are you TALKING about that the guy was fired got not being smarter than his boss? I sincerely have no idea what you are getting at.

1. Mark Paffrath works for a company with an NDA.
2. Mark Paffrath violates NDA.
3. Mark Paffrath is terminated for breach of contract.

This isn't complicated at all.

1: His boss is observably a real a-hole.
2: He worked with him and would know the latent danger.
3: He didn't exercise caution and said the things that his boss reacted to negatively and he was fired.

Your cognitive absence is giving me the red ass.
You are correct that it is not complicated, but are responding in all sorts of different ways that are making it complicated, but you aren't fooling me, or anyone else here.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm not fooling you? My better judgement aside, what do you think I am trying to fool you about? Do you often think people are trying to fool you?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If you think his line of thought was valid and logical then that explains everything...

Do you think he stopped and asked himself: Could this get me fired? Does this violate some portion of my employment contract?

The answer is no, indicating no logic or valid thought was put into this at all.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join