It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented amounts of rainfall devastate parts of France, Switzerland and Italy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
History repeating or something else? It still does not change the fact that the weather all over is changing and many people are experiencing extreme weather that continues to get worse with each year. My area is also experiencing unusual weather patterns. My heart goes out to everyone that is in direct danger to these mudslides and floods.

edit on 17-11-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Weather surely has been different from the usual patterns, at least here in Finland, North-Europe.

On 12/2013 we had temps like +10 celsius.

On 06/2014 we had freezing temps, over -5 celsius on summer solstice. Whole June was record low here for decades.

On 07/2014 we had record high temps all over Finland, extremely dry, and how i recall it; the sun was violently hot if shined on your skin.

- very few drops of water on whole year
- haven't had any really powerful storms
- lots of night lighting storms on spring and summer here in my area, west coast of Finland.

I'm telling you guys, weather is off, and has been going in that direction for some years.

Life, as i knew it, has been changed.

EDIT:

About the toxin levels on water volumes, well funnily (not really) enough, there has been multiple toxin spills occurring here on our local waters, TONS of nickel-, copper- and various heavymetal waste was dumped one of our biggest rivers. Many fish die-offs, also there was reporting on mysterious oily substance in couple rivers.

Apart from spills that seem to be done on purpose, toxicity has been on steady rise since.... ...the start of industrialization?

There is rising amount of water volumes and rivers that has been completely destroyed. No oxygen, no fish. ...And that mine, "Talvivaara" - totally destroyed the neighbouring wildlife and area for some hundreds of squarekilometers.

I fuking really hate GREED, because thats what causing all this #

edit on 11America/Chicago1111America/Chicago1145 by menneni because: rage, el machiná

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It could be the signature change of the new cycle of a pattern of ice ages as others pointed out countless times in the near past. Only now it aint no theory anymore, it's happening. Climate change is a natural Earth phenomenon that will continue through until the end of the planet. Extreme weather though you should maybe worry about.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Yeah, it might be just like that. Or not. We don't and can't know really.

Some are talking about imminent mini-ice-age. We are learning that spaceweather, our sun, has a large role in planets weather.

I guess we will see what is this all about. Godspeed.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
I feel for you Blues...

I saw the news article about how the ladies car was swept over the bridge... So sad...

Tomorrow I am in Toulouse... Weather permitting...

If i make it by car that is?... Darned back has me on the floor literally cannot walk today. Grrrrrr...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

The rain has calmed down a little bit today. Our house is at a high altitude, so at least it runs down... but takes our walls with it. My stepfamily lives in the Gard, where we lived fro ten years, (Ales) and we often had terrible flooding. One year we woke up to look outside and just see a sea around us, with stoves and couches floating in it. Though the solidarity that created between everyone in the neighborhood was pretty impressive.

You got back aches? I have rhumatoid arthritis, that really only started two years ago, but I am finding this wet weather makes it extremely painful. Hope you make it to Toulouse!!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
I am often down in the South of France in the côte d''Azur... At least 20 times a year for my job... Never seen so much rain in the South of France!

I live in the Loire Valley... No more wild rabbits in our region for the past year or two as the babies were drowned in their burrows... Same thing for hares.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Don't like to hear that as my wife and I were hoping to retire to France and visit Nice / Ville Franchè sur Mer / Beulieu as a frequent break....!

Currently in Ireland and have just had to endure a flood in our house last Friday AM due to immense rainfall, poor drainage 'down stream' (caused by house building and no extra Drain provision)...... We are over 2 km from a stream (not even a river) and the water surrounding our house was over 1.75 FT deep.......

The weather is changing and we ALL have to learn to adapt....

PDUK
edit on 17-11-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's really all we can any of us do is keep our eyes to the sky and our noses to the wind and adapt to the changes as best we can. In the end, the climate is a bigger mechanism than we all can hope to wrap our arms around the wrestle into submission.

So, be alert and prepared and stay safe!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Is it just me or is Intrprtr being kind of an #hole?

All these petty counter arguments, I'm not even sure what kind of point he's actually trying to make.

Observing obvious changes in global weather patterns makes you a sheep or a shill?

Me thinks he's the shill here for attacking OP on his generalizations & observations.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: murch
Preaching to the converted here mate. Unfortunately there are people here who would be standing on the top of Everest watching a tidal wave flow past and say "It's all natural".

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hope people are keeping safe over there.
Is Germany OK? my daughter is going there next month.

As far as strange weather....I would expect more..

Dont forget we have had many large Volcanic eruptions this year...many.
Lots of extra "Stuff" in the atmosphere..I would expect a cold Winter in the North this year.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Unfortunately there are people here who would be standing on the top of Everest watching a tidal wave flow past and say "It's all natural".

If that happened it wouldn't be "man made".
edit on 17-11-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
no globule worming!
Some thing is going on with the weather!
ware I live we dont just get a little rain any more.
UK

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Lets take a step back and think about the facts.

Ice melts, more moisture evaporates and is carried in clouds, over n over it moves that melted ice water, these heavier clouds form new weather patterns, moving the moisture around the world is different ways for some and just strengthening others. This is only the beginning, but here is the more wild part. What do you think happens to the earth with more water on the surface, not in the form of ice?

Think about your own home or car when you leave the A/C on too long, it gets cold!

This is the beginning of a mini ice age, since the earth is a giant thermostat on autopilot, and humans are the kids that mess with it in ways they don't think of since when they mess with it, they only think of that day, and the earth works in cycles not days.

Water displacement, causing higher flood regions, islands loosing shore to water erosion / new water tables, covering the earth in more water as well clouds, lowering the temp all around.

Global warming never was going to stay a warming, it just speeds up the cycles of earth.

Some will get more rain an stronger storms, others will get less rain, and little wind from temp changes. Think to why deserts are there but when investigated are really ancient oceans...
edit on 17-11-2014 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Weather patterns in many places around the world seem to be becoming more like what we see in the third world with rainy or monsoon seasons after long dry periods. I have no doubt that this is due to human destruction of the planet.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
I hope people are keeping safe over there.
Is Germany OK? my daughter is going there next month.

Northern Germany is fine, we have 8°C and a cloudy sky without more than some drizzle. Same for the next days.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This is really nothing new. Maybe the area of this particular thing IS new or it's been 50years since rainfall like this, but people expecting the world to never change are crazy....

Weather patterns CHANGE. Not once 100yrs ago, and not just once last week. They change CONSTANTLY. Change itself actually IS the only constant in life and nature, yet most seem to be blissfully ignorant of this quite basic fact. Our lifetimes are short, so short in fact and we can live a complete life in less time than it takes a decent house to decompose, so we have a funny view of "permanent". We simply expect things in our world to always sorta be the same.

So in fact this is nothing new; this device you are reading this on right now however, THAT'S what is new.

The instant global access to small news that has zero effect on the rest of us, and that 20years ago would only be some local freak rainstorm story.

It's all about PERCEPTION, we get every type of news from EVERY place on earth today and it just overwhelms our senses, and makes us feel "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING".

The only thing that's changed is the massive information overload we are bombarded with these days, aside from that humanity and the earth are more or less the same as we've always been.

100years ago few people married someone outside their home town.

500years ago few people left their VILLAGE in their whole lives.

Perception is different today.

edit on 19-11-2014 by 8675309jenny because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

The only thing that's changed is the massive information overload we are bombarded with these days, aside from that humanity and the earth are more or less the same as we've always been.

Yes. Lots of information. But it doesn't say that things are more or less the same.
thinkprogress.org...
mashable.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join