It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented amounts of rainfall devastate parts of France, Switzerland and Italy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
An unusually persistent peroid of rain has hit parts of central europe hard. In the last month alone 11 deaths have been recorded in Italy due to the bad rain cycle.

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

At the moment waters are receding but more rain is expected Monday.

A few videos from youtube show what they have been dealing with lately.

A lot of the tragedy in Italy has been blamed on bad planning and illegal building practices but some regions have experienced more rain in a few days than they would normally expect in a full season.

Depending on how the rain plays out Monday and Tuesday further flooding and landslides may be possible.

Another video and a couple of more articles covering period of disruption

www.bbc.com...

globalnews.ca...

As to the cause, in my opinion this is further proof of increasingly erratic weather patterns. Man made or not we have to accept that our planet is changing and adapt in a manner that allows us to keep pace with weather patterns. Stop populating coastlines, halt building on flood plains with standard housing and future proofing vulnerable buildings.

This will cost money but the inevitable cost of damage, relocation and aid in vulnerable areas has to be taken into account also. Already some meteorologists are predicting a very wet winter for Europe.

Are we ready?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thanks OP for the information and video's, I had no idea that central Europe was getting hit this hard. I pray the weather patterns do not continue throughout the winter.

Are we ready?

I do not think any of us are ready for these disasters, no way to physically or emotionally prepare for anything of this magnitude.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: murch

As to the cause, in my opinion this is further proof of increasingly erratic weather patterns. Man made or not we have to accept that our planet is changing and adapt in a manner that allows us to keep pace with weather patterns.

I was waiting for the punch line. Are severe storms the marker for this new "global change" idea? Or is it part of the same NWO dogma to get you to accept whatever they tell you?

I know the levels of toxins are rising, not so sure about the rainfall. Periodic severe storms have hit anywhere, any time throughout history.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

For me there is no mystery, no NWO propaganda and no punch line. This is simply my observation on both my local weather patterns and tracking of global events. I have just experienced the hottest and driest summer that I can recall (I live in northern Europe) on the back off 3 extremely weird summer winter cycles.

Records for rainfall/drought are being broken every year. The polar ice cycles are seeing anomalies. Is this down to more access to information, maybe.

Essentially it boils down to your own opinion as there is information to back all claims (be it true or not). I go with my gut and something doesn't feel right.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Meanwhile, California is dryer than savannah, I smell NLBS. Its not like we DONT have weather modification tech. The game of these elites, is to slowly boil us, so we can't react.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Meanwhile...

This is Europe the OP is talking about and not the USA...

Please have considération?

My area is being hit hard right now.

Rodinus

a reply to: nrd101

edit on 17/11/14 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/11/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I have just experienced the hottest and driest summer that I can recall (I live in northern Europe) on the back off 3 extremely weird summer winter cycles.

Did you check the record high temperature for your locale. Is that a new record?

What about the toxic runoff from industry and agriculture? How is that reading?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

For my locale, yes by a significant margin for mean high temps. As for run off, it will read as it always does, too high but does not really feature in this discussion.

I also live in a relatively small fishing/agriculture based community. We talk about weather A LOT. This is not just me talking, this is also the opinion of the majority of the people I speak to, weather dictates our lives, what we can do/work and if irregularities occur they are noticed and talked about.

As a for instance, many of us have had annual bulbs flower 3 times this year. Early spring, summer (when they were due) and late autumn. Spring and autumn resulted in stunted growth and die off due to cold snaps.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Have you heard the old folks talking about how the skins of onions are thinner?

A sure sign that we in Europe are in for a cold, long and hard winter this year

Kindest respects

Rodinus

originally posted by: murch

For my locale, yes by a significant margin for mean high temps. As for run off, it will read as it always does, too high but does not really feature in this discussion.

I also live in a relatively small fishing/agriculture based community. We talk about weather A LOT. This is not just me talking, this is also the opinion of the majority of the people I speak to, weather dictates our lives, what we can do/work and if irregularities occur they are noticed and talked about.

As a for instance, many of us have had annual bulbs flower 3 times this year. Early spring, summer (when they were due) and late autumn. Spring and autumn resulted in stunted growth and die off due to cold snaps.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My area has been catastrophic. Our driveway is destroyed- if I didn't have a 4x4 I wouldn't be a able to get up at all. A woman and her three kids were killed a few days ago when their car was overtaken by the flood. They didn't even find the body of the baby.

We have dealt with flooding like this before though. I am worried about snowfall this winter. We tend to lose electricity when it's heavy, and can't get out so I am stocking up on supplies and wood.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am often down in the South of France in the côte d''Azur... At least 20 times a year for my job... Never seen so much rain in the South of France!

I live in the Loire Valley... No more wild rabbits in our region for the past year or two as the babies were drowned in their burrows... Same thing for hares.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 17/11/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I feel for you Blues...

I saw the news article about how the ladies car was swept over the bridge... So sad...

Tomorrow I am in Toulouse... Weather permitting...

If i make it by car that is?... Darned back has me on the floor literally cannot walk today. Grrrrrr...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

a reply to: Bluesma

edit on 17/11/14 by Rodinus because: Darned IPhone!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I hate doomsaying but I just have a feeling this winter for us in Europe is going to be bad. Its just started where I live which is usually an indication that Jan and Feb will be the worst months (based on last 5 years or so). Flooding in the lowlands then followed by snow and freezing temps. Last couple have been pretty mild but this year, not so sure.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

For my locale, yes by a significant margin for mean high temps.

Now its for your "locale". I thought this was "global"?

I asked you for the record hight temp, not "mean temperature" (meaning average). Nice switch.

While you are at it, check the hi water mark, too.

We'll never mind the toxin levels in the water and all.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ok as you seem to be fixated on a global warming issue, you will note I said "Global Events" not global warming. There is a big difference. The global events I am talking about are to do with unseasonal weather and temps as in hot or cold.

I am stating there is a change in weather patterns. I am also stating that for my locale the mean temp is higher as this is a better indicator of seasonal weather than record temp (i.e. a hot day-which takes account of nothing).

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Don't buy the corporate deception. They want us to argue the details...the think tanks have got us divided over the left vs right while we drive over the cliff that's straight ahead. All for short term greed. They are just grabbing what they want and making sure no change happens to there personal profit. Its so obvious.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ok as you seem to be fixated on a global warming issue, you will note I said "Global Events" not global warming.

Just bouncing off what you stated.

As to the cause, in my opinion this is further proof of increasingly erratic weather patterns. Man made or not we have to accept that our planet is changing and adapt in a manner that allows us to keep pace with weather patterns.

My emphasis, your politics.

Global warming, climate change, erratic weather "patterns", whatever. Tomorrow it will be called something else. You are either duped by the media or promoting the same message.

As a distraction away from pollution, I mean. Notice I include that in all my posts and its ignored?

Same same in the "Global" climate agenda.

I know the thread is about an awful storm in Europe, not "local" global events or pollution.

I also live in a relatively small fishing/agriculture based community. We talk about weather A LOT.

And the toxins in the fish goes unnoticed by everyone there?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan

Don't buy the corporate deception. They want us to argue the details...the think tanks have got us divided over the left vs right while we drive over the cliff that's straight ahead. All for short term greed. They are just grabbing what they want and making sure no change happens to there personal profit. Its so obvious.

I agree. But I'm not arguing details, I'm (trying anyway) to expose the "Global" agenda.

It always begins like that. Terrible storm, drought, melting ice, whatever and then seeks to warn us of unknown consequences down the road. Mean while the same corporations dumps millions of tons of toxins in the environment that people are dying in droves from right now.

If you mention jet exhaust they call it "mystery spraying".

If you cite agricultural runoff killing the fish and lakes with algae, they switch to global climate.

See how that works? We are supposed to worry about melting ice and Co2 down the road, not anything right now.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I really dont know what point you are trying to make. I believe our planet is changing. This is not unknown. In geological terms it happens regularly. I believe one of these changes is imminent.

The reason I am ignoring your pollution talk is that I don't believe it belongs in this thread and is an attempt to derail my thread. If you want to talk about it create your own thread. Its quite easy.

As to the statement "Just bouncing of what you stated" you assumed what I meant and used that to further your own agenda. You then accuse me of furthering another unstated agenda by stating I am duped by media or promoting a message.

I see you and will now stop feeding you.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The beginning of the Little Ice Age saw lots of rain in Europe that caused crop failures and cold and wet. The populace was cold, weakened by hunger and had poor immune systems which set up the Black Death to be even worse than it might have been.

I'm not saying that's what is happening, but there are several indicators that we may be switching into a colder regime overall.
edit on 17-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join