It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

envelope seal glows ultraviolet when opened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I was around a friends house and his wife happened to try to open a postal envelope sent by a leading bank in the dark hallway and was shocked to see a purple ultraviolet glow coming from the envelope seal as the two parts of glue were pulled apart.

She rushed in to demonstrate this after first dimming the light and no two way about it the envelope was giving off a purple glow as the seal is opened so I am not sure if this is some new sales gimmick or what.

I can only find one link where someone else has spotted this where they say

The flash you see when opening certain envelopes (especially the
self-seal variety) is caused by triboluminescence.

Triboluminescence is the emission of light resulting from friction
generated by the vigorous crushing or tearing of certain substances.

Source

I was thinking they would love to have envelopes that would let the sender know that they had been opened like you can do with emails in some cases and how small and cheap RFIDs are these days.

Ipv6 will allow every envelope ever sent to have its own IP-Address, Just say no to Ipv6, its evil and is not needed.

Does anyone else know about this or have you got any views on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
IPV6 is a replacement addressing system for electronic devices to connect to the internet. IPV4 only has 4,294,967,296 addresses available and a good chunk of those are privately held addresses.
To keep pace with the increasing demand of private ip addresses they had ti begin implementing IPV6.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Totally normal. You get the same thing pulling tape off. You can also do it under the right circumstances by crushing peppermints.

eta: google for tape triboluminescence
edit on 17-11-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
IPV6 is a replacement addressing system for electronic devices to connect to the internet. IPV4 only has 4,294,967,296 addresses available and a good chunk of those are privately held addresses.
To keep pace with the increasing demand of private ip addresses they had ti begin implementing IPV6.

Word for word I was saying that not so long ago but then I noticed that huge number of IP-Address ranges were not being used and started to investigate and spent 3 months just collecting the data and pumping it into a database.

After collecting 500,000 Whois records I found that place like the USA and UK have about 3 addresses reserved for every man, woman and child and the army has about 20,0000 addresses reserved for each member of military personal.

No they are not running out so long as we use NAT type routers and could open up the address above 224.x.x.x that are reserved plus lots more.

We did not run out of IPv4 last year and are not about to run out any time soon so don't get panicked

You do know that ipv6 is over a trillion times bigger than Ipv4 and not only will this cover every snail mail letter ever sent but also every milk bottle ever sold and much more.

I would love to go into even more detail about this but this is not the place.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
it might be normal but I had never heard about it or seen it before had you ?
Envelopes have been around a long time and according to state propaganda Fracking chemicals present no hard to human life so it's a bit hard for me to believe anything I am told these days but who knows.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: Bedlam
it might be normal but I had never heard about it or seen it before had you ?

Yes. It's a very old well known effect.

Envelopes have been around a long time and according to state propaganda Fracking chemicals present no hard to human life so it's a bit hard for me to believe anything I am told these days but who knows.

Google is your friend. It's one of those 1700s era bits of science.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard
OP, if it was ultraviolet light how were they able to see it? Were they looking at it through an ultraviolet imaging system?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well looks like its myth busted and must be more common than I realized

a reply to: CraftBuilder

Well you know them ultra violet lights you have in night clubs, well you know.

However a master of science like you would also know that I see nothing and it's all an illusion in the back of your mind and no two people quite see colours the same anyway.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
We use to do this as kids with band aids. Go into the bathroom turn off the lights and open band aids really fast. Mom use to get pissed cause we would open up so many band aids just to see the light. We called it electric light though cause it always looked like an electricity bolt.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Well you know them ultra violet lights you have in night clubs, well you know.

However a master of science like you would also know that I see nothing and it's all an illusion in the back of your mind and no two people quite see colours the same anyway.

I think you are misinformed. Ultraviolet light by definition is not visible. The violet light you see from the ultraviolet lights used at night clubs is a sideband by-product, not the ultraviolet light itself.
Forgive me for denying ignorance.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The sticky tape emits X-rays too 8¬o ... youtu.be/LQBjRF9mX1Y?t=2m48s
edit on 17-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
denying ignorance !

Seems to me that you was just trying to be a cleaver dickey and give a lecture.

The light went though the left slit and not the right, it was a wave and looked ultraviolet to me but I destroyed the data from the recording device so I don't know anyway.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
... it was a wave and looked ultraviolet to me ...

electric-blue maybe ... youtu.be/54R6q2_-4Yo?t=20s [ duck-brand duct-tape ]
edit on 17-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany
Thanks for the vid.

I feel silly now thinking that so few people knew about it and was expecting to be told I was seeing things but I was wrong, I admit I was well wrong this time and should give ATS members a bit more credit at times.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We're going paperless soon.

top topics

join