It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bwuahahahahah......give me the ball..another equal treatment thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
this is hilarious......
the news headlines have all pretty much said, saints fan steals ball from bengals fan....

this short vid shows it......technically does not look like he stole it...she is a football fan...she should know that she did not have possession of the ball.....he didnt steal it...he intercepted it

does with the couple of threads about feminism and equal treatment....
if he would have intercepted it from another guy, would it even be in the news??

bwuahahahahah
edit on 17-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning.
Looks to me like the guy was just being a d**k, because he was a fan of the opposite team. You can even see him grinning at his friend with his head turned.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I saw this on the news this morning.
Looks to me like the guy was just being a d**k, because he was a fan of the opposite team. You can even see him grinning at his friend with his head turned.

oh no doubt just trying to be a jerk...
did he steal it? i mean, she didnt exactly have it....she was in the process of getting it...he got it first

i posted this cause we have a couple threads going on about equal treatment of women...

dont get me wrong, it was a dick move....im just thinking if she were a guy would it even be a story?

dick move but i still lololololol

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

This has nothing to do with feminism or equal rights and what you might be implying.
It has to do with a guy who acted like a jerk...the player was tossing the ball to HER.

Not sure how you see feminism and equal rights from this video....thats quite a stretch to say the least.
Well unless you are trying to ruffle feathers for the sake of ruffling feathers.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

It has to do with a guy who acted like a jerk...the player was tossing the ball to HER.

i know he acted like a jerk...i said that
my question still stands though.....people ask questions on here all the time

if she were a guy would this be in the news?

also, i was trying to be funny by pointing out that her(an apparent serious football fan) did not have possession of the ball and that the ball was intercepted by him...my implication was that she probably knows the rules of ball possession very well.

it was an attempt at a funny....i guess you are super serious all the time

im sure i will get a pm saying this was moved to the trash bin soon...seems to happen to me quite a bit even though nothing is against the t & c...
whatever

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Nice attempt at humor but still only 0ne star outta ten.
At least it was an attempt after all.

But when I saw this, I was not phased in the least at the 'ain'ts fans antics as they are pretty much a classless lot down there. His smug face alone would have caused me to wipe it off of him if I had been there.

Doesn't he have a protest or something to attend?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

This thread to me is troll bait.

This has nothing to do with feminism, history of feminism, and how it has effected women in the united states.

Seriously.

To answer the question: If she were a man would this be in the news? Possibly, because it's a video showing one team's fan being a jerk to another teams fan. Again, even if the video is "news" simply because she is a woman, and we all know women are delicate flowers that need special attentun' because they are dumb as a rock...

All that does is just reiterate the need for feminism. Part of feminism is getting to the point where a woman showing her breast doesn't land her in jail and every squabble or argument doesn't end up as being huge news.

Still ridiculous to connect the dots in such a way.

Also, not all women are feminists. Most women are still misogynistic, sad but absolute truth.

I guess this video is also linked to feminism because there's a woman in the video:

Edit: Also saw your second post in regard to this being an attempt at humor. After scrolling through the feminism topic I am slightly annoyed so my humor radar is turned off at the moment.

edit on 17-11-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
She got a ball anyway. They gave her one.

I think it was actually The Saints that gave her another one, which I like better because the guy that took her ball was a Saints fan.

To say the guy is an ass would be an understatement. As far as seeing it on the news because she's a woman? I disagree. I think had the ball been taken like that from a man it would have still made the news.

But I am for equality and I do think many women ask for it but don't really want it. Whole other thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Nice attempt at humor but still only 0ne star outta ten.
At least it was an attempt after all.

just figured i would go for it...
my sense of humor usually does not translate well..

im not a sports fan at all.
jacking the ball like that is not something i would have done.....absolute penis move...still.
i thought it was funny.

maybe cause the original title of the article on huffington was "chivalry is dead"..they changed that title though...

reading the title is what got me to thinking if she were a guy prob would not be news worthy...

then, like i do with all things i gave myself a mental picture and set my own context.

i can picture her freaking out after one of her guys fumbled or something and the ball possession comes up...then this article talks about chivalry and him stealing the ball.
so, i related it to football to be funny...she did not have possession of the ball. it was not a theft but an interception...
had her team intercepted a ball from his team she would have been over the moon...

in my head its funny but yeah, when i have to spend 27 paragraphs explaining it, its not funny at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Edit: Also saw your second post in regard to this being an attempt at humor. After scrolling through the feminism topic I am slightly annoyed so my humor radar is turned off at the moment.

i am annoyed with both threads but if you had read my posts in them you will see pretty clear that i am no mysogonist.
im also a feminist by definition so there is that

my humor does not always come across well. i admit that much

maybe its the article/vid titles that throw me off.
the vid title you posted said people fight over ball....i didnt see anyone fighting.....looks to me like several people were trying to get it. that would be more accurate

several people try to retrieve ball stuck in railing

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Since the player tossed the ball to her, I say it was a steal. It's not like the ball was in play and was hit into the audience. In that case, whomever catches it owns it. But that's not what happened here.

I don't know if it would be on the news or not if the genders were reversed, but I'd still say the ball was meant for one person and the other one stole it.

It's good to hear she got the Saint's ball, though.

I get your humor. Not many here get mine, either. LOL!

top topics

join