It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Schieffer nails it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I couldn't have said it better myself, and he is right. The sorry political system in the US is broken.

Money has become the root cause of our nation's sellout. If Mr Gruber knew the only way to get the public on board with Obamacare was too lie and deceive us, why did he take the money?

This is unfortunate, because regardless of how shady the tactics were in implementing the law and the trickery used by the political establishment and media to corral the public into believing the lie is unbelievable.

Having said that, and after knowing we have been duped, your going to hold us accountable for your BS if we don't buy into the lie, just so you can go to your mansion and drive your mercedes.

Mr Gruber, you sir should be ashamed of yourself.

The mockery the political system has for its own citizens is appalling. And now after this revelation amongst many others, we're held to account by currupt officials that stand atop us and have no interest in what's best for the population, only what's best for themselves and the corporate master's they serve.

Source / video at source

BOB SCHIEFFER: I was dumbstruck when I heard the comments that are surfacing from an economist named Jonathan Gruber, who was paid four hundred thousand dollars to help shape the President's health care plan. First, he allowed his health plan passed only because of a lack of transparency and this is a direct quote, "the stupidity of the American people." Then Friday our Nancy Cordes found a couple of other things he said going back to 2011.

Good job Bob...

edit on 17-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 17-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
That was awesome.

Gruber should be charged with helping to defraud the American public.

400K....just wow....that's a lot of loot.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It's completely FUBAR. They know it, we know it and nothing will be done to fix it. All you're going to see is a lot of denial, finger pointing and scapegoating from Obama and his supporters. They want to blame Republicans for being the architects of the plan, but The Democrats forced it through. They were Determined it was going to happen at all costs, then tried to run away from it during the elections and are even denying knowing who Gruber is and that he had nothing to do with the plan at all. Pigeons are coming home to roost.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just listened to the latest Guns and Butter ""Voting Machines: Computerized Election Theft" with Dr. Jonathan Simon" Podcast www.kpfa.org... and it is the only way to make sense out of what the election results say . Oh an it is not saying what you might think .Funny how all of the referendum articles on the ballots were what could be considered left leaning were voted for while at the same time voting in a right wing politician who opposed the articles .ie marijuana legalization . He observes that the votes that were processed were done so out of state and by right leaning people . He says the CIA is running the show with the Corporations that want to disenfranchise voters from the process .

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Precisely...

I am shocked "ObomaBots" still write anything in recent Obumercare threads...Gruber is the end-all discussion expert

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
To be honest, I was shocked when he said this yesterday on his show.
I really hadn't expected him to be so blatantly open in his opposition to the current administration, usually he hides it better.

But I'm really glad he did put it out there.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Obama has weighted in on this Gruber clown, " I just heard of it today and this guy has nothing to do with my staff ".

You know the lies are a normal thing with Obama and his lackies but the outrageousness of the lies is growing.

What happens to a country where everything is a lie...and its the new norm!!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Obama must have forgotten he was in the same room with Gruber in July 2009, discussing what he could and couldn't do. There are some things he just can't run away from. This is what I call "BUSSSTED"!

Gruber went on to say, “Now, the problem is, it’s a political nightmare and people will say, “No, you can’t tax my benefits.” So what we did a lot in that room was talk about, well, how could we make this work? And Obama was like, “Well, you know”… I mean, he is really a realistic guy. He (Obama) is like, “Look, I can’t just do this.” He said, “It is just not going to happen politically. The bill will not pass. How do we manage to get there through phases and other things?” And we talked about it. And he was just very interested in that topic.”

*snip*

Hoft point out that Gruber according to White House visitor logs on July 20, 2009, Gruber met with Obama in the West Wing and was there for almost four hours. “Obama was at the center of this deception. He specifically ordered Gruber and other “healthcare experts” to find ways to game the CBO numbers so that the bill would pass, “Hoft said. “In his gleeful showboating over passing the bill, Jonathan Gruber has clearly identified President Obama as the source of the lie behind the Cadillac Tax. The story is no longer about Jonathan Gruber. It’s about the deliberate lie the President used to pass this monstrosity of a healthcare law.”

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I heard that the $200,000 wasn't even half of it. Health and Human Services also paid Gruber $2,000,000 for an ongoing contract. To keep him on hand to sort for them the convolutions that he created.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Hoft point out that Gruber according to White House visitor logs on July 20, 2009, Gruber met with Obama in the West Wing and was there for almost four hours.

Yet Obama must have forgot about all that eh.

Very damning to the Obama image of solvency.

Looks like somebody *did* read the thing afterall !!!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here is video on Youtube, it's only 25 seconds long www.youtube.com...

Here is transcription of the above Youtube video of Obama on April 5, 2006 mentioning Jon Gruber: "You have already drawn some of the brightest minds from academia and policy circles, many of them I have stolen ideas from liberally, people ranging from Robert Gordon to Austan Goolsbee; Jon Gruber; my dear friend, Jim Wallis here, who can inform what are sometimes dry policy debates with a prophetic voice."

Obama is must be suffering from Alzheimer's. I guess he can run, but he surely can't hide.

new topics

top topics

join