It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I once saw a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
As a kid I lived near a military base here in Australia.

One night me & a few mates were looking up into the sky, as we did back then, watching shooting stars & satellites, however this night we noticed a bright light stationary in the sky. I thought it was just another star, but a friend of mine pointed out it couldnt be as it was much brighter and looked a lot closer. A short time after we heard choppers starting up at the local RAAF base and saw them slowly move towards the light. As they got closer, the light moved horizontally in an instant, I suspect about 2-3 miles, and at a right angle (without stopping) zoomed upwards and into the clouds in a split second. The choppers immediately turned around and headed back to base. This was in the 70's so it wasn't our technology.

This is why I dont believe everthing I'm told, for example that UFO's arent real, (or as the mass media would have you believe) that this is just our 'modern' technology. It simply couldnt have been back in the 70's.
edit on 17-11-2014 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Nonchalant

And I once saw a puddy cat. (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Actually this is one of the more likely UFO stories I've seen here. No embellishment, no corny youtube vids with ultracorny music, just a light, military craft sent to investigate, and the lights quick getaway. Thanks for sharing this, and you have a very nice memory of a whatsit? that sounds authentic and interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I saw this UFO when I was about 10, & I am 51 years old now. I have never forgotten what I saw.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'm 50 now, saw something when I was about 15 and have never got it out of my head. Some things are so strange, they just stick with you.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I agree, I saw unexplained things over 15 years ago but the incident remains clear as day today.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
You know there could be more rational explanations other than a UFO. The problem is that weather or not you want to acknowledge this you are a bit like Mulder from the X-Files; you want to believe. You want to believe so much that your mind desperately search fro the evidence you need as a logical minded person to believe, while dismissing any evidence that contradicts your preconceived belief that this was a UFO, its a classic confirmation bias. There are also some other interesting psychological phenomenon at play here as well, namely pareidolia, seeing what you want to see. All you saw OP was a light moving in the nights sky you cannot prove it was a UFO. Finally you claim you were 10 when you witnessed this event, the imagination of a child can be vivid and may not be as reliable as you might like to think it is. A imagined story you made up as a story could find itself being remembered as a actual life event as a adult.

Now if you combine these three ideas a whole other possibility to UFO opens up, that looking at your OP you have not even considered.

I remember once as a teenager seeing huge orbs of light in the sky above my house, it freaked me out, I showed it to my mum and dad and freaked them out also. We all decided not to say anything to anyone about it because we truly did belief that it was possible that we had seen UFO's. A few days later a friend of mine at school was joking about how he thought he had seen UFO's that same night, in fact quite a lot of people had and a local paper had investigated. Turned out what we all thought to be UFO's was actually the result of a sports stadium about 15 miles away testing out their new lighting system.

The point I am making is that funny lights can appear in the sky and move in some pretty funky ways for a whole range of earthly reasons before you need can reach the conclusion of UFO. There have even been cases where odd lights have been caused by earthquakes or illusions created by the atmosphere that create the impression of multiple suns and I am sure if i done a little research I could probably find other reasons for strange lights turning up in the sky.

Hell it could even have been a Chinese lantern caught in the wind.

Yet you "want" to see a UFO, so that is what you go with, you will probably dismiss everything I have had to say but that is just a psychological defence. Deep down you know that there might have been a more rational explanation than UFO's.

As for the helicopters, well that is where the vivid imagination of a child comes into play, your 10 year old self said "this would be cooler with helicopters" and now your 50 year old self remembers that there were actually helicopters there.

Just because you cannot explain what you have seen does not mean that there is not a earthly explanation again at the age of 10 this would only have been multiplied.

Unexplained means unexplained, not UFO.
edit on 17-11-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A child ten years old has excellent perception and memories, I can remember many events from when I was ten (ever see a two headed fly? I did, during the time the above-ground atomic tests were commonplace). Ever watch a television program or movie that you haven't seen since you were ten, and you can accurately remember the next scene and even a snippet of the dialogue? The proof is in the pudding (what an odd saying, what did people used to hide in puddings?).

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing! S&F

What colour was the light? was it like a white orb light? they kind of look like stars in the distance, I ask because that's what I have have seen here in Perth and my partner has witnessed them also (on separate occasions) and it seems they are one of the more popular sightings, especially here in Australia. Our sightings are in recent years though.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Interesting...The 70's seemed to have a higher percentage of foofighter sightings than in other recent decades. I had a two power color phase [bluish-white/fiery red-orange] sighting of a foofighter --- one night in November, 1976, approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

Did you hear any possible sound being emitted from the UFO --- while it was hovering or at speed?

With zero degrees being the horizon and the vertical top [90 degree] axis being straight above your head ---- can you give me approx. vertical vector angles of the UFO ---- along with approx. clockwise horizontal angles [north being 0 degrees]?

Holding your arm straight out...can you give me the approx. size of the object, in relation to your fist or fingers?

What shape did the UFO appear to you...while at rest or at speed?

Have you ever reported your sighting to such organizations such as MUFON or NUFORC?

Thanks,

Erno

edit on 17-11-2014 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Interesting...The 70's seemed to have a higher percentage of foofighter sightings than in other recent decades. I had a two power color phase [bluish-white/fiery red-orange] sighting of a foofighter --- one night in November, 1976, approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

Did you hear any possible sound being emitted from the UFO --- while it was hovering or at speed?

With zero degrees being the horizon and the vertical top [90 degree] axis being straight above your head ---- can you give me approx. vertical vector angles of the UFO ---- along with approx. clockwise horizontal angles [north being 0 degrees]?

Holding your arm straight out...can you give me the approx. size of the object, in relation to your fist or fingers?

What shape did the UFO appear to you...while at rest or at speed?

Have you ever reported your sighting to such organizations such as MUFON or NUFORC?

Thanks,

Erno

Unfortunately I have nothing remarkable to add here. It looked like a star, but it didnt 'twinkle'. That was what gave it away. And of course it was brighter, but it was just a white light. As the light was some 4 miles away (at a guess) I heard no sound. It was stationary. I put it out my mind for many years as I really dont believe in aliens & wanted to dismiss it, but one day it came back to me and its memory has been clear as day ever since.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Thanks for sharing! S&F

What colour was the light? was it like a white orb light? they kind of look like stars in the distance, I ask because that's what I have have seen here in Perth and my partner has witnessed them also (on separate occasions) and it seems they are one of the more popular sightings, especially here in Australia. Our sightings are in recent years though.

Interesting. It reminds me of this www.ghosttheory.com... story that hit the media (inc video), of a family driving over the nullabour with an 'orb' that followed them for hours (where there were winesses).
edit on 19-11-2014 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Just read that story, surprisingly I don't think I had read that one before so thankyou for sharing it with me! I was reading some of the comments under the videos and info and came across one mentioning min-min light so I am just looking in to that now, the description of the light sounds a lot like what I have seen personally, however I didn't experience anything like what people are claiming too have experienced like being chased by it, that sounds creepy as hell.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

i have seen them too.. and i have heard peep talk about them being chased by militart helicopters and stuff..

s/f
edit on 19-11-2014 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What is a ufo, there are things going on in this world that most dismiss or ignore or claim to be entity's from other worlds. Are they that or is something else going on, think about it, most will mock some will agree but there are some that know the truth even when we are laughed at it don't change that fact. So do some home work and look for the real truth it is staring you in the face, ignorance is not bliss.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I once was watching the sky like you.

what i saw was a Star Trek type of ufo with two giants turbines were blue lights came out.
and it traveled with high speed in the clear sky.
when it dissapeared a black chopper came looking in the sky on the same spot were the ufo flew by.
i was with a friend of mine but he was just to late to see the ufo.
the chopper flew above our heads and they had flashlights pointing at us.
and then flew away.

i have one more experience with a flying UFO disk but i keep it secret till i post it on my own thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

My wife and I saw what you describe.... A star.

Two years ago we were laying in the yard star gazing when I spotted a shooting star. I said, check it, shooting star and pointed at it. We watched it for a few seconds waiting for it to dim out, but it didn't.

What happened next was straight out of a game of pong! It was going straight at a bazillion mph(no clue how fast shooting stars go, but bazillion seems right) when it made a 90 degree turn and flew off yhe other way untill we couldn't see it any more.

It never changed speed at all. Looked like it just bounced off something. I turned to my wife and said, that was the strangest thing I have ever seen. She said it looked like a real life pong game.

The baby aliens must have been acting up and Dad made good on his word that he'd turn the ufo around and go back home?

Not sure WTF we saw but it was cool.

top topics

join