It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal drug agents launch surprise inspections of NFL teams following games

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a little more

todd marinovich

How out of control was Marinovich? Consider this anecdote: Once, during half time the quarterback shot up with heroin AND smoked crack in the locker room before returning to the football field.

----------

lawrence taylor

L.T.: incredible outside linebacker, incredible partier. Lawrence Taylor was once asked what he can do that no other outside linebacker was capable of. “Drink,” he replied.

Taylor ran through coc aine and prostitutes like a man who loved coc aine and prostitutes. In 1987, the NY Giants star tested positive for coc aine and was hit with a 30-day suspension.
-----------

wow...no wonder LT was able to ruin everyone...he was cranked up all the time

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

5 Reasons the NFL is Way More Evil Than You Though Possible

Much of what you said is in this article.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
What irks me is how easily pain meds were available to the NFL yet regular people suffering from pain must jump through hoops and beg to get any relief. Even if they get help the DEA is such a pain in the ass to the drs that the slightest reason to drop you from their care they will do it.
It's just one more instance of the class system in the US where the rich and famous get what they want and the rest of you fight for the scraps left behind. I really don't care what happens to the NFL as I hate professional sports. They are a poor role model for any kid to idolize once you knew what really goes on.

That's the real kick in the crotch ATA!

Look at how Hollywood seems to get a free pass on prescription meds! Hell, the doctors hand out scrips like candy to the Hollywood crowd!

Just look at how the judicial system treats THEM when they have a flubup compared to a poor/working class person!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I heard a little bit about this on msm this am. Having known several professional players in my distant past I have to say that for them to be administered pain killers after a game is the right thing to do imho. The injuries they sustain after a day of practice alone can be shocking and more than overwhelming to most people. These guys are not lightweights by any stretch of the imagination. I am not for drugs when abused, but people have mercy and leave the players alone on this one. I can see if they were jacked up to perform, but to get through it with a little bit of conventional medicine to mask the tremendous pain they suffer and bear through to entertain, they deserve so much more than this. Get the addicts the abusers off the streets and stop this witch hunt for abusers when it does not apply.

I will not argue this, just stating my opinion.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great idea! Now, let's have the DEA raid NYPD and LAPD and look for steroids and narcotics.

They'll find all they want.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Did you know that the NFL has a STRICT no marijuana policy? Many players have expressed sentiment that marijuana does more to help manager their pain than opiates do. Yet the NFL refuses to change its stance on the plant. Yes, these people need something for the constant bashing they put themselves through, but are the pills the right answer?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
if theyre in so much pain, they can not play
just saying
bunch of dudes that way 300 lbs smashing into each other....of course there will be pain involved...

gotta get that money though...

the way most people are. if theyre job puts them in so much pain that they have to dope up before or after a shift, they quit and find other work...
edit on 17-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
In 2012, nearly 25,000 people died in the US of drug overdose not associated with suicide.

Yet the DEA finds it prudent to go after the NFL because guys got their noggins knocked about, knees blown out, backs injured, arms broken and were suitably juiced up with pain killers to enable them to continue playing football, collecting scads of money and entertaining the masses every weekend whilst further making tons of dough for the beer companies, tater chip makers, hot dog manufacturers, and all the associated others who profit from the NFL and their doings. They'll eventually clear everyone of everything so the wheel can keep turning as it always will for those who profit from the tradition.

What a load of horse droppings.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
As some may be aware, the tax free since 1966 NFL™, has a pending lawsuit against them from prior players due to the high incidences of brain trauma specifically encephalitis. If 'they' (The Man; The Establishment) can prove recklessness on the player's part, getting Your load on prior/during/after.. Billion$ and Billion$ . The 'no warrant' search makes it illegal unless that is part of their contract.

Personally, the NFL™ to Me is akin to 'Organized Religion™' If they paid their taxes 'maybe' I'd give a squirt, but because 'they' don't, I don't..

Where is the next stadium that ¢o$t$ a Billion+ being built? The one where the taxpayer gets to pay for the stadium but the owner gets to sit in the luxury suite and count the profits? What did the 49er™ stadium cost? In the San Francisco Bay Area, one of the most expensive places to live in the U.S. good thing it is in the Silicon Valley because those folks are the only ones that can afford to buy a ticket..

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It would be nice if the congress did their jobs and not running witch hunts. I think it would be great if the congress and the senate came under investigations for drugs and inside trading but we all know they won’t ever be investigated. The government was not set up to police the public.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
On Olbermann earlier Adam Schefter was saying this is about making sure the doctors are licensed in all the states they need to work in. No link as that show isn't available online(as far as I know) and that may be BS but that's what he said.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So the DEA is out to arrest those on the gridiron instead those in the boardroom.

Ass backwards if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

The Congress, House and Senate exempted themselves from drug testing long ago while supporting the testing of Fed employees, and the private sector.

As an aside, I see your a git picker and lover of all things blue.

Alvin Youngblood Hart Demos Big Mamas Door

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not everyone who uses pain meds are drug addicts. Not everyone who uses pain meds abuse them. Not everyone who uses pain meds becomes addicted. Not everyone uses pain meds after the initial injury is stabilized.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Pain med abuse is one of the fastest growing addictions in the country. I know not everyone abuses the drugs. Not everyone abuses heroin who uses it either. It doesn't mean that the drug isn't dangerous. I never speak in absolutes and I don't know how or why you read that into my post.
edit on 24-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join