It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Adults Label The 50 States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Sounds awesome! I love me some apple pie!

See ?

I know how to brown-nose when it counts... Hopefully the masters will take that into consideration when I have to salute to the red, white, and blue.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Sounds awesome! I love me some apple pie!

See ?

I know how to brown-nose when it counts... Hopefully the masters will take that into consideration when I have to salute to the red, white, and blue.

Already sent an email to said masters; they will cut you a break when we take over

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Whew !

Thanks for the vote of confidence !

... and now to go practice my stealth mode so as to not drum up any attention when I'm lockpicking those shackles.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why most Canadian's can name all Provinces they have.They only have 10 to remember.

Why most American's cannot name all States they have, they have 50 to remember.

50 is a lot to remember, sure it's easy when you practice but the reason why the majority can't name them all is because it isn't necessary knowledge that will help them. If they wanted knowledge to travel and know the names of different states, they can just read a map.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark
. If they wanted knowledge to travel and know the names of different states, they can just read a map.

why know anything at all?
if you need to do some math, grab the calculator....
well these days it would be smart phone...

ive known all the states since i was 6. we learned them in alphabetical order through song in 1st grade and i never forgot

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: TheProphetMark
. If they wanted knowledge to travel and know the names of different states, they can just read a map.

why know anything at all?
if you need to do some math, grab the calculator....
well these days it would be smart phone...

ive known all the states since i was 6. we learned them in alphabetical order through song in 1st grade and i never forgot

And the state Capitols....

Alabama: Montgomery
Alaska: Juneau
Arizona: Phoenix

Etc...

Part of a normal US education

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

i got in trouble when i was in 4th grade...my teacher was mrs bash...i will never forget.
i raised my hand and asked her "what is the capital of kentucky...louiville or louisville?
she answered louiville and i said nope.....frankfort.
hahahahaahahah....go to the principal grovit

later biz lat

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

i got in trouble when i was in 4th grade...my teacher was mrs bash...i will never forget.
i raised my hand and asked her "what is the capital of kentucky...louiville or louisville?
she answered louiville and i said nope.....frankfort.
hahahahaahahah....go to the principal grovit

later biz lat

I went to Catholic school.... the penalty for not knowing a state capitol was bad
Nuns are non-forgiving

West Virginia has 55 counties... had to know all of those as well...

edit on 16-11-2014 by madmac5150 because: My cat has gas

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

you get a knuckle rap with a ruler?
those pesky nuns

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

More than a few

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Def drilled in school. This is sad but sometimes I take the online test to quiz myself, LMAO!! I am an Anthro/Archaeology grad, but I love geography as well! It would take a minute or two of thinking, I know Central and South America, and def Canada our lovely neighbors, who I am probably related to half of the people in Quebec! My Mom came to the US when she got married and I have one sister that went back to Canada, so we are def from both sides of the border. I just love to research.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Omaha is not a state. I assume you meant Nebraska. a reply to: CranialSponge

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

AHA! And that song had the cheesy title of "Fifty Nifty United States" didn't it??? I learned it in 3rd grade. I can still name them all in alphabetical order due to that song...

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada... (your turn, Grovit... you can take it from here!)

Funny the things that stay with you, huh?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

not gonna type it out...no proof that i did it without looking...trust me...i can sing that song to this day...

it is strange the things that stay with you....

i like how they had to add cheese ball lyrics to make it rhyme..

california, colorado, and connecticut and more

indiana, iowa still 35 to go
nebraskas 27 number 28's nevada

oklahoma, oregon, pennsylvania now i see...rhode island, south carolina, south dakatoa tennessee...

vermont im almost through.......

could wisonsin be the last one or is it 49, no wyoming is the last state in the 50 states that rhyme

ha

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

not gonna type it out...no proof that i did it without looking...trust me...i can sing that song to this day...

it is strange the things that stay with you....

i like how they had to add cheese ball lyrics to make it rhyme..

california, colorado, and connecticut and more

indiana, iowa still 35 to go
nebraskas 27 number 28's nevada

oklahoma, oregon, pennsylvania now i see...rhode island, south carolina, south dakatoa tennessee...

vermont im almost through.......

could wisonsin be the last one or is it 49, no wyoming is the last state in the 50 states that rhyme

ha

Hmmm, seems like a different song altogether than the one I learned:

Fifty nifty united states
From thirteen original colonies
Fifty nifty stars in the flag
(Blah, blah, blah... that's how mine started.
At the very end all the states were sung alphabetically to a tune with no other words involved.)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

must be different...
im guessing the one i know is called the 50 states that rhyme...

i have not heard that song in 30 years and i can still rattle it off...

strange stuff sticks with me....

remember a show called 21 jump street? johnny depp...i was around the same age when this was on.
anyway, they were trying to look for a serial number of a gun..the number was 9923532

the one dude remembered the numbers by saying gretzky, jordan, bench, johnson...

i heard that 1 time and i still remember.
its their jersey numbers

wayne gretzky=99
michael jordan=23
johnny bench=5
magic johnson=32

now why and the hell do i remember that?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
How about, "My Very Earnest Mother Just Sewed Uncle Ned's Pants?" That is when Pluto was considered a Planet, LOL, love the little rhymes

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I know all 50 by heart ... mainly because I sang in a children's choir that had a song called "Patriotic Medley." Part of the song was a bit where we sang all 50 states in order alphabetically. You learn that and spend three years in the choir singing it as part of your regular concert repertoire and you tend not to ever forget it. I have a feeling when my son needs to memorize them, I'll be singing the song with him.

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming!

Blah! Still got it.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's far worse than not knowing the states, which actually has little use in most American's daily lives. Some of the funniest and most pathetic videos on YT are the ones where Americans are asked questions about international geography and politics:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Those always look so bad, but what I've always wondered is how many they have to ask to get the worst ones which they then show you? Surely people can't all be that bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join