It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

172 fall ill on Carnival's Crown Princess cruise from California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
Same ordeal happened in April, seems they need to investigate and find the source of this sickness as it keeps occuring.

More than 100 people aboard the cruise ship were sickened by the virus during an April trip. "Over the last few days, the ship began seeing an increased number of gastrointestinal illnesses, caused by norovirus," said company spokeswoman Susan Lomax. "In response, we have enacted our stringent disinfecting protocols developed in conjunction" with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

I don't know why anyone would go on a cruise. There are so many horror stories every year, not to mention how poorly the staff is treated or how most crimes that occur on a cruise are ignored entirely.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Will people ever learn?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Exactly. They're unhygienic floating tin cans of dread.

The port of calls, people from various locations and close contact... I wouldn't go.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Licking the floor of an outhouse would be cheaper-and you wouldn't have to worry about drowning.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If its the food then its hygiene in the kitchens below decks.

Maybe somebodies using lettuce as toilet paper.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Norovirus is a nasty stomach bug that can live on surfaces for a long time. It shows up on ships from time to time, but not all that often. I've taken a carnival cruise once a year for the last 3 years and have had nothing less than the funnest vacations of my life. The food is pretty good and you can't go wrong with a balcony cabin.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
My best friend is a navigator on cruise ships and he lists norovirus as one of his biggest nightmares at sea - not because the bug is particularly serious, but because every inch of the ship has to be cleaned and decontaminated which is a huge task. Everyone aside the captain is expected to help too!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Cruises are essentially floating gastro tanks, i never understood the appeal of being stuck on a ship with 1000s of other people out at sea but when you through in the consistent infectious diseases that spread regularly through the ships i cant fathom why people go on them.

We have a cruise ship terminal located in my public health unit boundaries.. we rarely go a week without at least 1 person getting sick, there has been a few big ones over the years.. i think the biggest we had as about 120 people we had to quarantine on the ship and not let off for 2 days, it was nasty...

If you like to gamble normally the price goes down following these sorts of things...

new topics

top topics

join