It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strict Anti-Drug Governor Pardons His Son For Marijuana Trafficking Charge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think people are hung up on the word pardon. Generally meaning a forgiveness of a crime and penalty.

Except in this case he served his complete sentence over ten years ago. He is not being let go without punishment. He met all conditions of the punishment LONG ago with no repeat issues.

No matter who his parents are he is the exact reason they have that law in place. He has shown himsrlf over a long period to have evolved beyond his crime.

There was absolutely nothing wrong here no matter how bad people want to point a finger and blame
edit on 17-11-2014 by seeking77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I know... As I said, there's a big difference between possession of an ounce or two (even with intent to deliver) and being part of the global drug trade, which is what Beebe thinks deserves the attention and tougher punishments.

This is the letter from the Parole Board to the Governor, recommending a pardon (just like any other person). It doesn't matter what he was arrested for. What matters is what he was convicted of. You can be arrested for murder, but that doesn't mean you did it. He was convicted of possession.

In 2003, Kyle Beebe was convicted of Possession of a Controlled Substance (marijuana, a Class C felony) and was placed on probation which he successfully completed in 2006 and the court sealed his record.

Source

originally posted by: seeking77
There was absolutely nothing wrong here no matter how bad people want to point a finger and blame

Agreed. I just don't know why people think there's something bad...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join