It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strict Anti-Drug Governor Pardons His Son For Marijuana Trafficking Charge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Politicians and their tough on crime games:

Little Rock Arkansas – Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe recently announced that he is planning to pardon his own son for a drug charge that he received over a decade ago. In 2003, the governor’s son Kyle Beebe was arrested for possession of marijuana “with intent to deliver”, and was later convicted for the offense, but avoided jail time by completing 3 years of probation and paying over a thousand dollars in fines. At the time of the arrest, the governor, who was then the state attorney general, said that his son would not receive any special treatment because of family’s political affiliations.

Beebe will leave office next January due to term limits and he will be replaced by former congressman Asa Hutchinson, a Drug Enforcement Administration official.

source

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dems will be Dems...

Wait until you see 0bummer's pardon list...

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Do as I say, not as I do - US Government motto.

The CIA and the Cocaine trafficking Contra affair under Reagan is but a drop in the ocean regarding government anti-drug policies overtly for the people, covertly for the Banksters.

Other than Oil, the US made damn sure that the poppy fields were the next thing secured in Afghanistan when they freed the crap out of them in 2001.

Political hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

He pardoned several hundred other nonviolent drug offenders. Something like 700 people. His son also sent through proper legal channels before this. All the governor did was strike the felony from his record, which I think is pretty non crazy especially since he did it for hundreds of others.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Beebe will leave office next January due to term limits and he will be replaced by former congressman Asa Hutchinson, a Drug Enforcement Administration official.

The irony of term limits.

The irony of a former DEA official Republican replacing Beebe.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

He pardoned several hundred other nonviolent drug offenders. Something like 700 people. His son also sent through proper legal channels before this. All the governor did was strike the felony from his record, which I think is pretty non crazy especially since he did it for hundreds of others.

That answers what I was going to respond with. I was thinking that would make more sense considering he's not a conservative. If that's the case, cool on him.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
All presidents pardon people on their way out of office. Clinton did over 400 and bush did over 200. Defiantly an abuse of power in my eye.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Reagan ruined a lot of lives/families with his drug laws, placing countless non-violent offenders in prisons. Most of which were non-white. We have decades of horrible drug (marijuana) policies to begin addressing with common sense. Prisons shouldn't be ran as businesses, per se, as they are now. I'd do the same thing, through the proper channels if it were my son, if I were in the position to correct it. Pretty certain we all would.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: six67seven

Prisons shouldn't be ran as businesses

Maybe drug cartels shouldn't be either.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me
Dems will be Dems...

Wait until you see 0bummer's pardon list...

Wow. That may be the first time I've seen such a lame partisan comment coming from a Super Mod. before.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

what the hell are you going on about now?
how is that in anyway relevant?
how are people giving you stars for this garbage?

good lord you are backwards

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: six67seven

Prisons shouldn't be ran as businesses

Maybe drug cartels shouldn't be either.

If we ended the war on drugs legitimate business people could open up shop legally and we wouldn't have to worry about brutal black market drug cartels, at least not dealing drugs anymore, they do a lot more than just run drugs. You know, like the CIA does. Human trafficking, contract murders, that sort of thing...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A total gift and it's become controlled and poisoned like everything else.

They command us to abstain from this meat while profiting off of it.

The hypocrisy has always been out in the open.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink

That sure rung a bell or two didn't it.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wait a minute...

Arkansas doesn't vote for governor?

edit: I guess I misunderstood. The NEW governor will take office in January.

The way they wrote it confused me.

edit on 11/16/2014 by N3k9Ni because: Eta

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 11/16/2014 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Wasn't Bill Clinton's brother running coc aine out of Arkansas back when he was governor of that state?

Interesting how things change after a few decades.

What the governor meant to say is he is all for tough drug laws enforced on brown people but not white people. Statistically around the nation that is who is getting hit the hardest by the drug laws.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
Wait a minute...

Arkansas doesn't vote for governor?

edit: I guess I misunderstood. The NEW governor will take office in January.

The way they wrote it confused me.

Hutchinson won an election a couple of weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink

Lol I'll clue you in. She's an officer in the ATS Republican propaganda army. So she gets stars from hardcore conservatives all the time. It doesn't have to make sense at all. It just has to contradict liberals or bolster conservatives.

Notice how all the replies are a sentence or two with a bunch of emoticons :p
edit on 16-11-2014 by tavi45 because: added a sentence

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

i know that
i also know that she is without a doubt the biggest troll on ats
im just #)%*ing sick of it
terms and conditions be damned
(the spirit of the rules should always be followed more closely than the word)
she shoud have been banned years ago (regardless of the fact she is careful to avoid direct violation of the rules by sticking to her carefully crafted persona)
i know personally there are two factors that have kept me from visiting this site as often as a used to
1)political trolls such as the one being discussed
2)the retarded pop ups and ads with sound (cmon guys i would rather have five times as many ads as long as they didnt play sound)

i am also aware that she or one of her cronies will probably report this post for violation of T&C (and hope the mods will think twice)
edit on 17-11-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join