It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are being persecuted worldwide!, Burning, Beheading and Crucifixion.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: planetyeck
Paybacks a biatch. Christians have been slaughtering folks for a few thousand years so not sure what the issue is.

It's pretty straightforward, it's the same issue with a different banner.

The base human desire for revenge allows strings to be pulled very easily, and the blowback from each side perpetuates the conflict. The only thing that changes are the semantics, but the actions remain the same. Participation in this cycle is frequently done without much conscious thought, usually catalyzed by an individual's negative past experiences.

I would like to think that humanity is ready to grow beyond such things, but perhaps not yet. Most are still concerned only with conversion or annihilation. I would think that those who point out such errors in another social group would be less likely to repeat the same behavior, but that is not the case.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Another Christian Persecution thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe they should stay out of the Middle East and stop trying to push their religion on those who aren't interested...

You mean how we saved them in Yugoslavia? How we have tried to bring them out of the dark ages in the middle east? The MUSLIMS think its a war of Religion when it is not!!! They are going to force that hand and bring the wrath of the Christians and Jews upon their heads though when they keep this crap up.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Another Christian Persecution thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe they should stay out of the Middle East and stop trying to push their religion on those who aren't interested...

You mean how we saved them in Yugoslavia? How we have tried to bring them out of the dark ages in the middle east? The MUSLIMS think its a war of Religion when it is not!!! They are going to force that hand and bring the wrath of the Christians and Jews upon their heads though when they keep this crap up.

Yeah, we're entirely motivated by good intentions to "bring them out of the dark ages in the middle east." Talk about naive.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Any atheists please go to this thread and answer the questions posed. No videos, just a couple of questions from me. Once you've answered them and given me an adequate answer, feel free to continue bashing me.

If you can't answer those questions, I will ASSUME that you are incapable therefore you cannot tell me ANYTHING about the origins of mankind.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy and make you want to prove me wrong I don't know what will. Give the questions a chance and answer them properly please.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
It could well be pope francis of the Roman catholic church. He appears to be trying to unite all religions into one which is also warned about in the bible. I think that would be an important step to creating a one world government. If all religions could just get along and worship the same false idol that would be great for their goal..

First of all, I symphatize with you. I'm a Christian who currently work and lives in an Islamic nation in the Middle East. Every Muslim I work with knows I'm a Christian.

But not every Muslim out there is out to get you. The more educated ones are really nice.

I think if Christians try to blend in or integrate keep a low profile, they are less likely to be persecuted. You don't have to worship their god.

The point of Christ is not for us to flaunt our religion (like the hypocritical Pharisee praying to be seen by everyone), but to help people (mercy vs sacrifice). Wearing a cross for example won't get you closer to God.

About Pope Francis, if I were him, I will not announce to unite all religions into one but to denounce or outlaw public displays of religion for everyone except for religious beliefs that concerns providing humanitarian aid. You can still practice religion inside home or church just not everywhere else.

Here's the problem I see with public displays of religion (Read Matthew 6 - Jesus also looks down upon public displays of religion!!). If you practice religion publicly, it's like you announce, you are the only good person and everyone else around you is evil. If you are a minority religion, you can place yourself in grave danger.

Outlawing public displays of religion is for everyone's good and safety. For that to happen, a one world government must be put in place too.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I find it disheartening that so many wars and so much violence, repression and anguish has been created for thousands of years based on what people "believe". Not what is factual, or proven but rather what people think is true based of what someone else has told them. I think it's safe to estimate that 99.9% of what we "know" is based off of what someone else told us. Humans are morons (myself included). It's our nature.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I'm sorry I kinda derailed a bit there but this is an important issue, it is being covered up and there is an evil agenda behind it.

I agree with your presentation and I did note that you have shown this much quicker than you may realize. The second post from your thread verified exactly what you have postulated. Yep the second post was a one liner with 9 stars and the third post was a three liner with 18 stars. Great literary response isn't it? The forum is a religious forum with most who resent any tolerance of religion. Sounds exactly as you have presented'
Thank you for the sources

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Let's rewind history and place this post two hundred years after Christ. Do the Christians care about slaughter of pagans?

Thought so...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: krzyspmac
Let's rewind history and place this post two hundred years after Christ. Do the Christians care about slaughter of pagans?

Thought so...

What goes around comes around.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

How are you a Christian?

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the one true way to God? Or do you believe there to be exception to this rule? Why do you want a one world government?

Would you like the pope to be part of that one world government? Would you prefer a one world religion?

I'm having a hard time believing that you are a true Christian. You just seem like a nice guy who tries to live how Christ would want you to live, without actually submitting to him.

Do you believe in end times prophesy? Do you believe in the AntiChrist? Do you believe in Evolution?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

I'm sorry I kinda derailed a bit there but this is an important issue, it is being covered up and there is an evil agenda behind it.

I agree with your presentation and I did note that you have shown this much quicker than you may realize. The second post from your thread verified exactly what you have postulated. Yep the second post was a one liner with 9 stars and the third post was a three liner with 18 stars. Great literary response isn't it? The forum is a religious forum with most who resent any tolerance of religion. Sounds exactly as you have presented'
Thank you for the sources

No problem. Isn't it amazing how oblivious they all are to it? It's incredible.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You said that Islam and Homosexuality are both of Satan (direct enemies of Christianity), but if that is the case, then why does Islam not like and persecute homosexuality (assuming homosexuality is of the devil)?

When people were claiming Jesus was possessed by the demon Beelzebub, Jesus responded saying that a house divided against itself cannot stand, so Satan will not cast himself out, and therefore if Jesus cast out devils then it is really by God (Matthew 12:25-27).

Those extremists don't just hate and persecute Christians, but also gays, and they hate the western world in general because freedom of expression, speech, and religion goes against their plans to force their religion on everyone.

If this is the one world elite satanic beast religion (as you seemed to suggest) then why not have compassion for everyone being persecuted by their plans to force their religion on everyone instead of just yourself and YOUR group?

edit on 22-11-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

You said that Islam and Homosexuality are both of Satan (direct enemies of Christianity), but if that is the case, then why does Islam not like and persecute homosexuality (assuming homosexuality is of the devil)?

When people were claiming Jesus was possessed by the demon Beelzebub, Jesus responded saying that a house divided against itself cannot stand, so Satan will not cast himself out, and therefore if Jesus cast out devils then it is really by God (Matthew 12:25-27).

Those extremists don't just hate and persecute Christians, but also gays, and they hate the western world in general because freedom of expression, speech, and religion goes against their plans to force their religion on everyone.

If this is the one world elite satanic beast religion (as you seemed to suggest) then why not have compassion for everyone being persecuted by their plans to force their religion on everyone instead of just yourself and YOUR group?

Those articles are about CHRISTIANS BEING KILLED. Just because those articles are focusing on that doesn't mean that I don't feel compassion for another group.

I have already refuted this point, way back in the thread. Please don't start going off on the same stuff as everyone else has already tried because we will be here for another week.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
After reading a bit, i have to jump in. Imho, the biggest hatred the islamic extremists have with the west, is not Christianity, but progressive liberalism.

It is the push for lgbt rights, the liberation and equality of women, and the pervading western views of hedonism/materialism.

The persecution of Christians is due to the fact that they do not pray to Allah.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Does anybody else find it ironic that in a thread about Christian persecution the OP accuses other Christians of not being true Christians?
edit on 11-22-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Does anybody else find it ironic that in a thread about Christian persecution the OP accuses other Christians of not being true Christians?

There's no one fundamentalist Christians hate more than other Christians who don't hold identical beliefs. Irony is the bedrock of Christianity.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Oh so you're back to doing that now. That's just great.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
After reading a bit, i have to jump in. Imho, the biggest hatred the islamic extremists have with the west, is not Christianity, but progressive liberalism.

It is the push for lgbt rights, the liberation and equality of women, and the pervading western views of hedonism/materialism.

The persecution of Christians is due to the fact that they do not pray to Allah.

Don't confuse that which any group claims as its motivation for its real motivation. Especially don't confuse that which US claims is the motivation of these groups for their real motivations. The US has been messing in the Middle East and this is the backlash. What would you expect?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

There's no one fundamentalist Christians hate more than other Christians who don't hold identical beliefs. Irony is the bedrock of Christianity.

You guys are hilarious.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

You're probably correct. Too bad for them that equal rights, gender equality and personal liberty are actually good things and they are on the wrong side of those arguments.

The Materialism could and should be addressed in the west to some degree, I won't argue there.

Seems to me that the one thing we all have in common which is a problem however, is Religious Fundamentalism.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join