It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby - The Stunning Fall of America’s Dad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I honestly don't know about the molestation/rape charges. It could be that a few are legit, but the rest just see a star going down and want to jump on the $$$ bandwagon. It's up to a jury to decide that. Rape charges will be a stone around the neck, even if he's innocent.

It is most likely that all that have come forward are legit and that

there are more who will not come forward that's the 'nature of the

beast' Those who have been raped and molested do not come forward due to

'shame' and the stupid thing is ITS NOT EVEN THEIR SHAME but

that's how the phycology works, and so it enables the perpetrator to get away

with it ..... sometimes for years and sometimes for life ..... (Jimmy Saville???)

anyone remember him?

The *victims* rarely come forward for financial gain (sometimes when the

perpetrator has money he will throw money at the problem of being shown

for what he really is) Some of these women who have come forward are well

known and financially comfortable and will not benefit for any other reason

than to feel clean and banish the feelings of the shame that has wrongly

been their burden for so long.......

It takes many years for these *victims* of covert rape and abuse to shake off

the *shame* which isn't theirs and come forward to cleanse themselves from

that burden (someone else's dirty little secret) that they have been carrying

for years.

Tangerine Well said

edit on 21-11-2014 by eletheia because: grammar error

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Well said. I find the Cosby case similar to the Saville Case because both have predators who committed their crimes while being the nr1 TV-STAR of their country and nobody would believe their victims when they tried to speak up against them. One of the women tried to tell people what Cosby did 30 years ago but no one believed her. With Saville..girls were locked up in psych-wards for trying to take him to the court. Because obviously, it was more likely these poor girls were insane than these two guys were rapists. They had a huge machine behind them and all the money in the world, could basically get away with anything. I'm just glad this is coming to light with Cosby while he's still alive, unlike Saville who got away with it his whole life and they didn't even admit what he did until after he died.
I also find interesting (being that I'm not from the UK or the US) that these guys fans seem to be shell shocked by this fact. Watching their idol fall and burn like this, a lot of people try to slander the victims. I'm basically seeing Americans say the same things British people were saying a few years ago Re. Saville. Now that the smoke has settled with Saville people are really seeing him for what he was and I do believe, that Cosby's fans will see the light soon enough...

I do think there are a lot of ugly stories like this one in hollywood that are being buried on the daily. For example, there is a documentary coming soon that's going to rock the world..can't wait to see this movie.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ers.html

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Yes the *casting couch* is still very much alive .....

Its an abuse of *power* and the theory that abusers go on to abuse

is more about the transference of power. As the novice becomes more

famous so they hold power over the naïve new comers! And so it

goes on ............

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
www.playboy.com...

It’s been a slow death for the legend of Bill Cosby. As allegations of sexual assault — decades-old claims that are now being treated with appropriate gravity — envelop the 77-year-old Cosby, it’s easy to forget it’s been nearly 20 years since the Autumn Jackson trial showed us that America’s Dad might have been a lot more like a deadbeat than you realized. That was before social media, so her attempt to extort money from Cosby so she wouldn't tell the world about his affair with her mother (and her claim that he was her father) vanished from mainstream memory.

Anyone who pretends to be incapable of believing he could do anything wrong is lying. Even if he wasn’t Jackson’s father, Cosby must've noticed the smoke from the fire that had been set to his pristine image. But the only person striking a match in public was a woman who seemed unhinged, and that was enough for many to ignore something few wished to consider: the possibility that Bill Cosby was a fraud.

Hell if I know anything but this is a pretty scathing article.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Verse
a reply to: eletheia

Well said. I find the Cosby case similar to the Saville Case because both have predators who committed their crimes while being the nr1 TV-STAR of their country and nobody would believe their victims when they tried to speak up against them. One of the women tried to tell people what Cosby did 30 years ago but no one believed her. With Saville..girls were locked up in psych-wards for trying to take him to the court. Because obviously, it was more likely these poor girls were insane than these two guys were rapists.

Interesting essay. First denial, then rage due to Cosby's place in the lives of so many. www.cracked.com...
edit on 23-11-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: Fix link.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Anyone remember this story? nypost.com...

The worst thing, which I think wasn't much publicized at the time, was after she came forward with these lies, in a copycat case a girl was actually attacked in the manner described! This real victim received much less support!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Another accuser comes forward. And this one is filing a lawsuit.

Bill Cosby’s latest accuser says that the comedian molested her when she was 15 years old at the Playboy Mansion. Judy Huth says the incident occurred back in 1974 and she’s finally filing suit against Cosby in Los Angeles seeking damages.

Source

I'm thinking this is why Cosby is keeping quiet. There are probably more women out there who were assaulted, but it's still within the statute of limitations... So, the less he says, the better.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Three New Cosby Accusers Come Forward

At a Wednesday press conference in Los Angeles, three more women came forward to accuse Bill Cosby of assault while attorney Gloria Allred challenged the comedian to waive the statue of limitations and stand trial. Allred proposed that alternatively he could establish a $100 million dollar fund to settle with the victims, with retired judges ruling on the awards.

Jesus! If this many have come forward, I wonder how many are out there, too embarrassed or afraid to speak. And some were underage... Something tells me this is not going away.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ok. The latest to come forward is a supermodel, Beverly Johnson. I have always had a lot of respect for her and this one sends it over the top for me. I definitely think Cosby did this.

Source

The ever-growing list of Bill Cosby accusers has just grown by one, with model Beverly Johnson telling Vanity Fair that Cosby drugged her in the mid-80s.

According to Johnson, the incident occurred during an audition for "The Cosby Show."

"Cosby said he wanted to see how I handled various scenes, so he suggested that I pretend to be drunk." Johnson recalled. "As I readied myself to be the best drunk I could be, he offered me a cappuccino from the espresso machine.

Vanity Fair Article

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

She's a real abuse magnet. Apparently she was also abused by Chris Noth and pro golfer Mark Anthony Burk.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrDesolate

She's a real abuse magnet. Apparently she was also abused by Chris Noth and pro golfer Mark Anthony Burk.

She claimed they threatened her. Burk was convicted of making the threats. And he sued HER for $5 Million "palimony". Source

Johnson declined to be interviewed, but her lawyer, Hans Fleischner, said, “I don’t think these domestic violence issues are a first for Mr. Burk. He was the subject of multiple restraining orders in Los Angeles dating back to 2004.

I've been abused by three different men. So, I guess I'm an "abuse magnet", too... Shame on me for being a woman and inviting such abuse!
edit on 12/12/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I've been abused by three different men. So, I guess I'm an "abuse magnet", too...

You have my sympathy. I would imply no such thing.

In the world of 'he said/she said' we'll never know what she's gone through. She tells some stories. These people are all celebs and exist in an environment where there are plenty of people looking to do whatever it takes to reach the next step, and plenty willing to take advantage of it.

It's a sorry mess, and I don't have a lot of pity for any of them. Some, not a lot. The proverbial impoverished lady with kids, trapped in an intolerable situation, now her I feel sorry for. Maybe this will be the one that wakes enough women up that when you're a star-struck young lady, you still should maintain some common sense. That goes for business, entertainment, academia, or any other area full of potential victims and predators and people willing to enable despicable behavior.

If a tenth of this info about Cosby is true, he and his wife are a couple of miserable human beings.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

She said the reason she came forward is because of something her daughter said when she was considering whether or not to come forward at all...her daughter said she shouldn't "because it's Bill Cosby".

Johnson felt that if she, with her celebrity and stature, felt intimidated - then she really did want to support these other women who are being vilified by Cosby, his attorney and his supporters by coming forward and lending to support or gravitas to their claims. She also said that the treatment by the media of her friend Janice Dickinson played a part as well. She said that Dickinson might be a bit "out there" but she has never been characterized as a liar, if anything she is too candid.

She was kind of like implying..."Oh yeah, now what are you going to say about it!?" to the media and Cosby supporters.

It was kind of awesome.
edit on 12/12/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yes, I heard Johnson speaking on CNN (I think) this morning. Dickinson is a bit brash and harsh (a woman after my own heart) but I've never thought of her as a liar, either. Neither of these women have anything to gain from coming forward. I also liked how Johnson said it isn't about Cosby and she doesn't wish anything negative toward him. She is more interested in supporting women to come forth when they've been abused.

Funny thing is, in Cosby's hey day, he could have had just about any woman he wanted. But instead of making a pass at them, he felt it necessary to drug them... He must have some serious insecurities.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There has been a lot of "falling" lately...

I'm searching for those invisible hands, but can't quite seem to find them...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
He made some people laugh but he made a few cry as well

edit on 12/12/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When will the statues start coming down?

Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame: www.disney-pal.com...

Television Hall of Fame: www.seeing-stars.com...

Wax museums can at least remove his image!

Here is one for sale on eBay: www.ebay.com...

Which scared the stuffing out of this dude even before the allegations: www.chicagotoycollector.com...

That this thing existed is scary enough. www.liveauctioneers.com... That someone paid over $1,000.00 for it is scarier.

Scarier yet, there is more than one of them! They can be found in at least one location of the Hollywood Wax Museum. www.hollywoodwaxmuseum.com...

At least two others: Madame Tussaud's various locations, and Wax World of the Stars, Cavendish, Prince Edward Island, Canada, but can't find sites with good images.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join