It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby - The Stunning Fall of America’s Dad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think if people could be a fly on the wall and observe the dirty little secrets of damn near every single person we hold with high regard, we'd be thoroughly shocked, disgusted, and outraged by it all.

Thank gawd we can't and therefore, are able to continue living in our little fantasy world of heroes and rolemodels.

Ignorance is bliss ?
Maybe sometimes it actually is...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
There will be no trial. It will not go through the legal system.

He can no longer be charged for his crimes against me because the statute of limitations is long past.

Source
< br />
You're right. The youth of the women, his power and wealth , the circumstances under which these crimes allegedly occurred, and the extreme difficulty of proving rape makes it highly unlikely he would ever have been charged with, let alone convicted, of these crimes. Assuming he was guilty, he would have been well aware of this when he perpetrated the crimes. It does seem that those who preach about family values are often those lacking them.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

They will sue his estate.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I sincerely hope so.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

and he will be dead in a few years...
he wont be the one paying

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

and he will be dead in a few years...
he wont be the one paying

He will pay Satan in the eternal inferno.

His fans will be disgraced.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Once you get famous, you should have the intelligence to stay out of sight ... people will want to rob you, kill you and get your money, for little or nothing.

Rape charges by women (and men) are one of those charges that ... although there may be something to it, 90% are not really legit. Not even to a small extent ... I know of many cases, where for example, the perpetrator is charged with a crime, where he wasn't even in the country at the time.

Most women are "slanderers" (men too), and they act out of jealousy, or as the saying ... "No hell has it's fury, as a woman scorned".

Bottom line, wether some is true or not ... Cosby should've known better. He's a roll figure, and he should've "stopped" playing this role when he was off stage, and not play "Michael Jackson", who think's he's a born good guy and will end up ... like this.

Ultimately, it's their own fault ... they should "get out of sight". Like Assange, and that French IMF dude. You don't have to be an intellectual, to understand that these things are used as weapons. And women have always in History, be used as the Mata Hari, to bring you down.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
**IF** he did do it, it was evidently okay and covered up, until now...so what changed?

Just because it wasn't reported doesn't mean it's "okay". I was raped at 17 and too afraid to report it. Plus, I didn't want to "punish" the man's wife and kids any further. If someone else had reported a rape by him 20 years after the fact, at 37, I may have felt strong enough to support them by adding my story.

I don't know what changed, but it may be that the women (IF this is true) felt a personal need to have him own up to what he did before he dies. It's not always about money. Sometimes it's about personal healing (which I'm still doing b the way).

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They can't. The statute of limitations has run out. NOTHING can be done to him except people canceling his appearances and losing income. His estate is secure.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing the story. It may have happened. But then again it may not have and it could be people with other agendas (money, 15 minutes ... ). I'm having a hard time reconciling the Bill Cosby I 'know' with the Bill Cosby that these people are claiming really exists. I don't know what to think of it ...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

its not hard for me to believe at all.
maybe people just dont want to believe it...

just because he was mr super nice cliff huxtable does not mean he is like that in real life....

people get a certain image of celebrities but thats all it is...its an image....

i remember when paul reubans got popped in florida for the adult movie theater incident...it was huge news cause it was a local story...
people were outraged....pee wee herman toys were pulled off the shelves...

he had an image though...he was always in character..all his interviews were done as pee wee....people thought that was him in real life....it wasnt....in real life he was paul reubans....paul reubans liked to touch himself at adult theaters....

same deal with cosby..they think he is in real life how he portrays himself on tv.....

all too often this is not the case

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
its not hard for me to believe at all.
maybe people just dont want to believe it...

I'm not closed minded because of some hero worship thing or whatever. And I don't confuse Bill Cosby with his on TV screen characters. It's just that he's spoken out about personal responsibility and he hasn't come across as irresponsible at all in all the decades he has been in the spotlight. So I had an image of him as someone with their feet on the ground. The allegations are the opposite of the construct of Bill Cosby I have. The allegations may or may not be true. We probably won't ever know. Either way ... (him guilty or the accusers telling lies about an innocent man) .. it's a sad situation.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I agree. The guys I do think are creepy and seem "like the type" turn out to be sweet little family men... Cosby did settle a lawsuit (that threatened to reveal other charges) out of court in 2006. Perhaps he thought that was the end of it.

Cosby, who has never been charged criminally, settled a civil case out of court eight years ago with a woman whose lawsuit threatened to surface other allegations. One of those other women has written an article for the Washington Post claiming she was abused by Cosby 30 years ago.

Source

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I'm not closed minded because of some hero worship thing or whatever. And I don't confuse Bill Cosby with his on TV screen characters. It's just that he's spoken out about personal responsibility and he hasn't come across as irresponsible at all in all the decades he has been in the spotlight.

ok.
you dont think like that
a lot of people do though.....do you agree?
people(in general) get a mental picture of some celeb they are a fan of and then when they do something that does not fit that image they flip out...

i keep thinking paul reubens...

i mean IF it is proven that cosby did what the allegations say, that is some serious #...assault and what not...
he is so beloved though that i bet people still wont believe it and defend him..

look at paul though...he was a huge star at the time...pee wee merchandise was everywhere....after he got busted though, all that stopped. his career was basically over......why?
see what i am saying?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
I agree with you about Spitzer.

My point is - people knew about both men. And it was hushed...until it wasn't. So what changed?

Just curious, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Of course it's not "okay", it's never okay, it's horrible - poor choice of words. So, so sorry.

I just mean it was acceptable by the PTB standards or it would have been pursued. It wan't then, but it is now....

Some are saying that what has changed is Cosby's overt criticism of the black community and their standards of respect and appropriateness.
edit on 11/17/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I just mean it was acceptable by the PTB standards or it would have been pursued. It wan't then, but it is now....

It was in the news in 2005 and 2006. He just denied it and settled out of court. That kind of hushed it up. It was "settled". Thirteen other women joined in accusing him at that time, and were willing to testify, but since it was "settled", the suit didn't go forth. They talked about it on the Today show and in People magazine. Some of the 13 talked about it publicly, but then, it just kinda died.

It's not being pursued (legally) now, either.

Recently, a comedian, Hannibal Buress, brought it up in his stand-up routine and it was video-taped. People started to see it and ask questions and Google it... Then, Cosby's people posted on Twitter begging people to "meme" him, to show how ridiculous the accusations were, but it backfired, because people DID meme him in a very negative way.

Three days later, one of the alleged victims posted more details about her experience and it went viral.

Source

Some are saying that what has changed is Cosby's overt criticism of the black community and their standards of respect and appropriateness.

He started that in 2004... Source
I'm unaware of anything he's said regarding that recently.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah, I'm aware of all of that.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

When you were asking "what's changed", I assumed you didn't know about the comedian who triggered this recent uproar... That's what changed. \

One person started talking about it + the Internet = in the news.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Who is "they"?
Why do you think it's slander?

This is really disappointing. I hoped it wasn't true, but from the way it's happening, I think it may be.

Very sad...

Sad to say, I am leaning towards this view myself. Let me clarify that, as a lifetime fan, I am not against him and don't want it to be true! If it is true, I would like to see justice for the victims. Reasons I believe it may be true is not just because people are saying it! He has not denied it, and has made a financial settlement in at least one case!

Now it's an alleged two-time victim who says she held back because she didn't want her parents to know. Earlier she declined an offer of payment for her story, so she's not doing it for money. Tragic, if true!
www.msn.com...‘understand-that-hes-not-mr-clean’/ar-BBeePa0?ocid=mail signout

As for the story of not wanting her parents to know...I am not sharing any of this with my elderly mother with whom I rushed to watch the ('80s) show each week, so what does that say?
edit on 17-11-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: To add reasons it might be true and clarify that I am not just "jumping on some attack bandwagon."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join