It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby - The Stunning Fall of America’s Dad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Looks like they're going after one of America's most cherished heroes.

Bill Cosby is being feverishly slandered and exposed.

Lot's of accusations coming forward all of a sudden.

Hmmm.

He’s gone from America’s dad — to national disgrace.

The public implosion of Bill Cosby has been nothing short of stunning — a decade-long, slow-motion fusillade of mistresses and no fewer than 16 sex-assault accusers culminating in recent weeks with a series of spectacular, career-threatening p.r. grenade blasts.

Blast 1: Three weeks ago, comedian Hannibal Buress goes viral with a stand-up bit lambasting “The Cosby Show” icon and Jell-O Pudding Pop pusher as a smug hypocrite who preaches family values in public — and rapes women in private.

The stunning fall of America’s dad

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sometimes a case is built up and that's why you will have several or more cases come forward all at once. Rape/sexual assault is one of those crimes where it's a lot easier to get through the legal system if there are other victims. I had a friend who went through the whole process alone and she seriously considered dropping everything at one point just to not deal with it. Very difficult for victims, kind of an insult to injury type deal.

I will have to keep an eye on this story. For some reason my browser isn't working right now and won't load the page. Will bookmark.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Drugging them first. One would think he could just promise them a meeting with a casting director or something.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I honestly don't know about the molestation/rape charges. It could be that a few are legit, but the rest just see a star going down and want to jump on the $$$ bandwagon. It's up to a jury to decide that. Rape charges will be a stone around the neck, even if he's innocent.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You can't be slandered and exposed. If it's true it's not slander and it seems to be true. Who really knows though?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Wow xuechen, another celeb idol who abused his star status in his younger hey-days or so it seems

I've heard for many years a lot of the manipulation that goes on behind the doors of Hollywood but I'll have to admit, Bill Cosby caught me off guard, if as they say the allegations are true

Innocent until proven guilty, except when it comes to the Media

edit on 16-11-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeeling

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I think it's interesting that this has had such a low profile for years. It's one thing to have one mis-step with you wife of 50 years. It's another thing to have an out of wedlock child (that you deny but) pay for. That you settle money with multiple victims to have it go away. And that worst of all...the MO appears not to be a lack of judgement...but a predatory pattern of drugging the victims. We can all love Bill Cosby...but we see this coming forward in Hollywood and the UK as child abuse cases from decades ago mount up. We can't BELIEVE we know people because we've seen them on TV. And we can't out of hand dismiss things when the body count starts adding up to more than 10. It will be interesting to see if all the women step forward again feeling they have the wind at the back.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Who is "they"?
Why do you think it's slander?

This is really disappointing. I hoped it wasn't true, but from the way it's happening, I think it may be.

Very sad...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Lot's of accusations coming forward all of a sudden.

Hmmm.

He’s gone from America’s dad — to national disgrace.

The public implosion of Bill Cosby has been nothing short of stunning — a decade-long, slow-motion fusillade of mistresses and no fewer than 16 sex-assault accusers culminating in recent weeks with a series of spectacular, career-threatening p.r. grenade blasts.

Blast 1: Three weeks ago, comedian Hannibal Buress goes viral with a stand-up bit lambasting “The Cosby Show” icon and Jell-O Pudding Pop pusher as a smug hypocrite who preaches family values in public — and rapes women in private.

The stunning fall of America’s dad

Why are you assuming that it's slander? This is actually an old story. He's been accused before. You don't know the man personally, and neither do I. Why not let this go through the legal system before pre-judging?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They have been saying these things about Bill for awhile.

The main women said he did it to her twice.

Really, twice...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Really, twice...

Perhaps you're oblivious to the dynamics of power relationships in which one person has power and the other has little or none. Bill Cosby has been deified by American culture. He's rich and powerful. The women who claim he raped them were very young (teenagers or early twenties) and aspiring to work in his industry. They were in a relationship with him in which he was their mentor and could destroy any hope they had of their career of choice. He was probably an idol of theirs.They were faced with the near certainty that they would not be believed. It was not until they became mature adults that they achieved the personal power to stand up to him and, even then, from afar.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Really, twice...

Perhaps you're oblivious to the dynamics of power relationships in which one person has power and the other has little or none. Bill Cosby has been deified by American culture. He's rich and powerful. The women who claim he raped them were very young (teenagers or early twenties) and aspiring to work in his industry. They were in a relationship with him in which he was their mentor and could destroy any hope they had of their career of choice. He was probably an idol of theirs.They were faced with the near certainty that they would not be believed. It was not until they became mature adults that they achieved the personal power to stand up to him and, even then, from afar.

Perhaps you haven't heard of young women making rape charges against powerful men.

It goes both ways...So, instead of participating in Kangaroo Court.

I will wait for some (any) evidence.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Why are you assuming that it's slander? This is actually an old story. He's been accused before. You don't know the man personally, and neither do I. Why not let this go through the legal system before pre-judging?

That can't be right the way you put it, either it's an old story or it's a new story, either of which could be true or false.
Sure, I agree a trial if it came to that, might prove something one way or the other, but if a juror is at all compus mentis it needs to be a good case in the first place, but deciding someone going to trial by jury is not always based on soundness either. That comic, is sticking his neck out legal wise too, at least in the interim if Cosby is not charged with anything yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There will be no trial. It will not go through the legal system.

He can no longer be charged for his crimes against me because the statute of limitations is long past.

Source

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just remember that no man has ever date raped a girl. It's all a myth perpetuated by man hating bull dykes.

The whole thing seems pretty valid to me. He has the kind of aura where no one would believe the accusation.

It reminds me a lot of the dad from 7th heaven being a pedophile.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Cant be charged, wont be charged, happened too long ago....and settled then.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He will be tried by the MSM of his peers.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
To me, it feels pretty messed up.

**IF** he did do it, it was evidently okay and covered up, until now...so what changed?

Was it simply money? Did he stop making people money? Did he stop paying people money? Isn't it always about money?

I'm somehow reminded of Eliot Spitzer. Wall Street's biggest critic/playboy. But it was all hushed up and okay - until it wasn't anymore - after the economic meltdown was in full swing.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I'm somehow reminded of Eliot Spitzer. Wall Street's biggest critic/playboy. But it was all hushed up and okay - until it wasn't anymore - after the economic meltdown was in full swing.

Totally different from Spitzer, who I admire very much. He bought a high priced call girl (granted his wife wasn't amused) because as he put it, his curiosity and the fact that it was so common in NYC at the time, got the best of him. To me, that's a basic human failing and he showed much remorse; he was truly honest about it, a rare thing.

He never raped anyone, that I'm aware of, and his bulldog attitude towards Wall Street, which was completely out of control, got him taken down. He was targeted by the FBI interestingly. Wonder who paid them off?

He's making a comeback now and I'd trust him to take down Wall Street again if it came to that; if he hadn't screwed up, 2008 might have played out very differently. Watch 'Client 9' about it- fascinating documentary.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
he is almost 80..
if it is found out and proved that he did it, he will never truly pay anything. im not talking just in dollars either.
never saw the big deal about cosby anyway.
never thought he was funny. the cosby show sucked...his stand up sucked.
oh well.....he'll be not of this earth in no time

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join