It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the demand for fluoride "ENHANCED" water coming from?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm sure many smokers said the same
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Did you drink this fluoride?

Yes.

And now I live in a city with fluoride in the water, if I didn't, I would add it. I'm actually super excited that bottled water is becoming fortified. It's a convenient option for people that live in areas without it offered as a service of the local government.

I think that people should realize that "The Government" isn't doing this to people, and that communities actually vote on these issues, if not directly, then through city governments. The governing bodies are giving the people what they want, and if the people didn't want it, the city government could certainly find better use for the money spent on fluoride.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dothedew

Www.Fluoridation.com/atomic bomb.htm
Because fluoride is used in making nuclear weapons, it's bad?
Computers are used to kill people. Better stop using yours.

Weak argument.

People don't eat/ingest computers.

New and Improved Water - now with fluoride and blended computer chips?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think the point that's getting lost is: where is the demand for fluoride enhanced water coming from?

No one's demanding it. If anything, there is two catagories:

1. People who unknowingly buy it, or think to themselves "cool flouride!"
2. People who avoid it at all costs.

From a business perspective I'm going to bet that it's a poor business decision to have this water. So that leads us into conspiracy territory.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

a reply to: okamitengu

Is natural fluoridation "medication?" Is spring water "medicated" because it contains chemicals that people think are beneficial? Fluoridation is a water treatment which has beneficial health effects, it is not medication.

in places where it occurs naturally, I agree its not medication. when you deliberately add a compound to a person (via any means) with the intent of treating an illness or condition that makes it medication. pretty sure that's how the definition of "medication" works.
if I eat mouldy bread, that's gross... but if someone modifies it into an injection compound to treat an illness, that is medication

How about the fact that it works?

im sorry, are you saying that as long as something works, we should do it to everyone?
regardless of their individual rights?

I don't really care what you expect of me. I have as much right to my opinions as you do and the same right to express them here.

except that it was not an opinion, you setup the chlorine strawman, and then proceeded to argue on it. no one had mentioned or discussed chlorine. It was both off topic, and poor form
i don't expect you to care what anyone else thinks of you, I do expect you to stick to the standards you set for yourself, and the past posting of your work led me to believe you were above that kind of thing.

perhaps I was just wrong.
edit on 11-16-14 by okamitengu because: stuffed the quotes up!

edit on 11-16-14 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-16-14 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Neocrusader

Smoking? You think that is a comparable parallel? Alrighty then.........

If it's so terrible, then what is your response to the fact that it has been in American waters since....forever... and there seems to be no negative consequences? Kinda like "chemtrails"? The deadly consequences are there we just don't know what they are after decades and decades? But still, you are sure of it..........?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Did you drink this fluoride?

Yes.

And now I live in a city with fluoride in the water, if I didn't, I would add it. I'm actually super excited that bottled water is becoming fortified. It's a convenient option for people that live in areas without it offered as a service of the local government.

I think that people should realize that "The Government" isn't doing this to people, and that communities actually vote on these issues, if not directly, then through city governments. The governing bodies are giving the people what they want, and if the people didn't want it, the city government could certainly find better use for the money spent on fluoride.

Actually there's sort of this massive movement against adding flouride to the waters:

fluoridealert.org...

Also, other countries have successfully banned it.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

but naturally occuring flouride is absolutely not the same as the sodium flouride used to flouridate toothpaste and water supplies.
Really? Here is the MSDS for calcium fluoride, the "natural" kind.

Special Remarks on Chronic Effects on Humans:
May affect genetic material (mutagenic). May cause adverse reproductive effects and birth defects (teratogenic) based on animal test data.

Special Remarks on other Toxic Effects on Humans:
Acute Potential Health Effects: Skin: May cause skin irritation. Eyes: May cause eye irritation. Inhalation: Causes respiratory tract irritation. Ingestion: May cause gastrointestinal irritaiton with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, salivation, thirst, abdominal pain, fever, labored breathing (respiratory depression, apnea, dyspnea). Exposure to fluorides may also cause disturbed color vision, hypocalcemia, hyperkalemia, and hypomagnesemia, and may result in systemic toxic effects on the heart/cardiovascular system (hypotension, tachycardia, arrhythmia, weak pulse, cardiovascular collapse), liver (hepatic enzymes increased), and kidneys (abnormal renal function, renal damage). It may also affect behavior/Central Nervous System (CNS depression - headache, dizziness, weakness, somnolence, ataxia, loss of conciousness). Other neurological symptoms of acute fluoride ingestion may include muscle weakness, difficulty speaking, fitfulness(hyperreflexia), tetany, numbness or tingling of the extremities. Chronic Potential Health Effects: Skin: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermititis. Inhalation: Prolonged or repeated inhalation may cause bronchitis, asmtha, silicosis, increase in respiratory infections, pulmonary lesions. Ingestion: Prolonged or repeated ingestion cause diseases of the blood, teeth, bones and other organs (osteosclerosis, fluorosis). (Fluorisis is characterized by vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, weakness joint stiffness, loss of appetite, anemia).
And let's not forget this part:

Severe over-exposure can produce lung damage, choking, unconsciousness or death.

www.sciencelab.com...

Sounds safe to me.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what the original compound is. When flouride salts are dissolved in water they become fluoride ions.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

From a business perspective, I believe it is the continuing industrial complex that continues to grow. The more businesses that start up that create this chemical, the more they have of it.

What's the solution? Create more demand for it. Claim that it's good for infants. Add it for "flavor". Do whatever you can. Gotta get rid of it somehow

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

From a business perspective, I believe it is the continuing industrial complex that continues to grow. The more businesses that start up that create this chemical, the more they have of it.

What's the solution? Create more demand for it. Claim that it's good for infants. Add it for "flavor". Do whatever you can. Gotta get rid of it somehow

I agree with this scenario, however I would think there would be an easier way to get rid of it. Also in a few decades there is going to be allot of blow back from these shenanigans.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

The more businesses that start up that create this chemical, the more they have of it.

Industries use fluoride. They buy it, they don't sell it.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

www.sciencelab.com...

Sounds safe to me.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what the original compound is. When flouride salts are dissolved in water they become fluoride ions.

Sciencelab seems like a reputable company to me:

www.resellerratings.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

They went from "we have to pay to dispose of these toxic wastes" to "we get paid for this valuable by-product of metal refining."

One problem. It is not a by-product of metal refining. It is a raw material. They buy it, they don't sell it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your source is for aluminum fluoride, which is a catalyst in the process. But the waste product is sodium fluoride, which you will see on the label of your toothpaste tube.

Naturally occurring fluoride in the water supply is usually composed of fluorine and calcium atoms. What component of dissolved calcium fluoride might have a positive effect on bones and teeth? The calcium aspect was ignored, while the fluorine component was obsessively pursued. The fluoride compounds artificially added to the water supply are sodium fluoride and fluosilicic acid, which are industrial waste byproducts.

www.ahealedplanet.net...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Im just pointing out why they would reason to have babies drinking flouridated water as per the study..Im not advocating its use or non use. Not sure what to think. but it seems like there is no good reason to swallow it down after your teeth are out..based on the study.

link   

Sciencelab seems like a reputable company to me:

Yes.
But you seem to have missed the point. I presented the MSDS for calcium fluoride, the "natural" fluoride that people say is ok because it's natural. The point is that it is no different from sodium fluoride, the "unnatural" kind.

Both are dangerous in high concentrations, neither is in low concentrations.

link   
I'm sure many smokers said well I'm not dead yet
But to add tobacco use has been around waaaaaaay longer than water fluoridation and only recently has it been admitted that tobaccos bad
Next flouridation began in the US in the 40's if memory serves so not that long
And finally as has been stated multiple times CALCIUM FLUORIDE...GOOD....AND NATURALLY OCCURRING IN WATER
SODIUM FLURIDE ...BAD ....PUT IN YOUR WATER ...TOXIC WASTE now possibly found in water due to decades of pollution, much as anti depressants and anti biotics
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

edit on 16-11-2014 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Actually there's sort of this massive movement against adding flouride to the waters:

fluoridealert.org...

So what? I don't know what that has to do with anything I said, but whatever, I'm used to anti-fluoride people not making sense.

Look, if any of you anti-fluoride folks can honestly tell me that you don't drink beer, milk, cola, coffee, or apple juice because of chemical carcinogens, then I will take your opinions seriously, even if I don't take your concerns seriously.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really? According to the CDC, sillicofluorides, which are a chemical bi product of the production of phosphate fertilizers, account for about 90 percent of our water fluoridation.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

fluoridealert.org...

So what? I don't know what that has to do with anything I said, but whatever, I'm used to anti-fluoride people not making sense.

Look, if any of you anti-fluoride folks can honestly tell me that you don't drink beer, milk, cola, coffee, or apple juice because of chemical carcinogens, then I will take your opinions seriously, even if I don't take your concerns seriously.

You're saying those products are as toxic as fluoride in comparable doses?

Also, I'm not seeing any sort of pro-fluoride movements, other than corporations, governments, and lobbyists. I am, however seeing a ton of anti-fluoride movements advocating against the use of it in our drinking water, and there not proffting from their agenda.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Your source is for aluminum fluoride, which is a catalyst in the process. But the waste product is sodium fluoride
No. My source is about using Hydrofluorosilicic acid (sometimes used in artificial fluoridation) to produce aluminum fluouride. That's the title of the pdf.

HIGH BULK DENSITY ALUMINIUM FLUORIDE FROM FLUOROSILICIC ACID

www.buss-ct.com...

edit on 11/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join