It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the demand for fluoride "ENHANCED" water coming from?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I know most people buy bottled water to AVOID additives like fluoride, so why is almost half of the gallon sized bottled water in my super market fluoride "ENHANCED?" A couple of years ago I noticed a few rouge gallons on the shelf, but now it's ridiculous. They can't say this has anything to do with dental health. If that argument could even be made, then you wouldn't swallow fluoride to have it benefit your teeth.

To put things into perspective:

"In the scale of toxicity, fluorides fall between arsenic and lead," he says. "Dental fluorosis is not just a cosmetic problem, but the visible sign of chronic fluoride poisoning, and children are more vulnerable than adults."

articles.mercola.com...

Let's be honest here; if the water was arsenic "enhanced" or lead "enhanced" there would be lawsuits. So why is okay to be fluoride enhanced?

edit on 16-11-2014 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Let's be honest here; if the water was arsenic "enhanced" or lead "enhanced" there would be lawsuits. So why is okay to be fluoride enhanced?

Because at low levels fluoride is not toxic.
Because fluoride in drinking water does improve dental health.

The prevented fraction for water fluoridation was 27% (95%CI: 19%–34%). These findings suggest that fluoride prevents caries among adults of all ages.

jdr.sagepub.com...

Comparisons of communities where water is fluoridated and communities where water remains unfluoridated show a reduced prevalence of dental caries in the range of 18-40 % when fluoridation is used (4). A recent study established the rate of caries reduction at 25 % (23). It is postulated that this estimate is more conservative than those reported in the past because the general population now enjoys the benefits of fluoride from other sources,
such as fluoride-enriched toothpaste and vitamin supplements.

www.inspq.qc.ca...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Good post!

If it's naturally occurring in ground water, yes, but it's really time to stop adding it to water. It should be prescribed by a dentist instead of being added to water. The dosage can be so erratic. The point cannot be over emphasized!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Dentists......

That would be my first guess.

But this is ATS so what hell.

So that means it must be the evil zog overlords who are putting the Fluoride in the water to make us all impotent and stupid so they can slowly kill off the human species to prepare earth for their coming.

Yeah that sounds about right.

pft, dentists....
edit on 16-11-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'll have to track down who funded those studies. In any case, would you like some fluoridated water, Phage? I'll buy you a gallon if you want.

50 Reasons to avoid Fluoride

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sure. Send it over.

XL5

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think this is about the costs of removing the fluoride, not that people want it in there. Its probably tap water that was put through a cheap filter.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's actually a toxic bi-product of nuclear waste, so putting it in the water supply is a cheap way to save money. However, fluoride gets a pass because it's "supposedly" good for your teeth. It's actually not. It competes for absorbtion with iodine in your thyroid and is probably partially responsible for the hashimoto's epidemic.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It's actually a toxic bi-product of nuclear waste
Actually, no it isn't.

However, fluoride gets a pass because it's "supposedly" good for your teeth. It's actually not
Actually, it can be.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Maybe it's just a test to see how many people are still dumb enough to think that it is actually good for you.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: elfie

Uranium is naturally occurring as well. Just because something is "naturally occuring" doesn't make it safe.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Why swallow it? Bath in it, water the lawn and garden with it? Toothpaste is far more than enough.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

I'll have to track down who funded those studies. In any case, would you like some fluoridated water, Phage? I'll buy you a gallon if you want.

50 Reasons to avoid Fluoride

The authors listed come from a rather curious collection of institutions...

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Division of Oral Health, 4770 Buford Highway, MSF10, Chamblee, GA 30341, USA
Defense Resources Management Institute, Naval Postgraduate School, 699 Dyer Road, Monterey, CA 93943, USA
H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332-0205, USA

Defense Resources Management Institute...? I, if given the choice, would choose to pass on fluoride.
edit on 16/11/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It's actually a toxic bi-product of nuclear waste, so putting it in the water supply is a cheap way to save money. However, fluoride gets a pass because it's "supposedly" good for your teeth. It's actually not. It competes for absorbtion with iodine in your thyroid and is probably partially responsible for the hashimoto's epidemic.

My dentist says otherwise.

I have been using fluoride toothpaste for years

Now with all due respect I am going to side with my dentist who i have known for years rather than the guy on ATS telling me my toothpaste is going to kill me whose credentials i know nothing about.
edit on 16-11-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I don't think anyone really questions it. Also, I don't really believe Phage thinks it's healthy.

They add fluoride to certain antibiotics called fluoroquinones. Many people end up having permanent issues because of the fluoride in the antibiotics:

articles.mercola.com...
floxiehope.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Dentists......

That would be my first guess.

But this is ATS so what hell.

So that means it must be the evil zog overlords who are putting the Fluoride in the water to make us all impotent and stupid so they can slowly kill off the human species to prepare earth for their coming.

Yeah that sounds about right.

pft, dentists....

I don't think you're really trying to use it being a conspiracy as a pejorative here, but it's sad how it's so easy to "debunk" these ideas. There's obviously allot more going on than that, but Nazi's did add it to drinking water as well, and it wasn't for healthy teeth.
edit on 16-11-2014 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

My dentist says otherwise.

I have been using fluoride toothpaste for years

Now with all due respect I am going to side with my dentist who i have known for years rather than the guy on ATS telling me my toothpaste is going to kill me whose credentials i know nothing about.

Or you could do the research yourself instead of trying to trust other people.

fluoridealert.org...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Sure. Send it over.

Ok, is your address still 1000 Colonial Farm Rd, McLean, VA 22101 ?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If the bottles didn't say "with added fluoride" then we could speculate about the evils of some power trying to poison us. As it is, someone is buying it because of the fluoride. If not by humans, I have to go with the evil zog overlords who must be present on our planet and require fluoride to stay alive.

S&F

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Naw. I don't like cold places.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join