It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The symbology in Salvator Mundi by Leonardi da Vinci

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The painting Salvator Mundi by Leonardi da Vinci contain some interesting symbology:

Salvator Mundi painting of Leonardo da Vinci showing Jesus with a Globus Crusiger of glass.

1. Globus Crusiger of glass symbolizing the undefinable Holy Spirit (divine) that brings in the divine knowledge to the male part of the soul, the male being a receptacle for divine knowledge.
  2. The trinitarian hand gesture symbolizes that the male and female part of the spirit (the two fingers) is united together under a covenant made with the divine (pointing upwards).
  3. In da Vincis painting Jesus is wearing the Virgins blue color and not his usual red color; this symbolizes the union of the male and female spirit.
  4. Jesus is painted very androgynous in da Vincis painting, this again signifies the union of the male and female spirit
  5. Notice that the leather pattern matches the Kabbalah Tree of life where the heart gem is the Da'at sephiroth and symbolizes the unification between the male and the female (se picture below).
  6. There are three lights reflecting in the glass Globus Crusiger, this again points to the trinity of the male, female, and divine.
  7. The black empty background symbolizes that the union covenant between the male and female parts of the spirit is made before the physical human being is created and the spirit life cycles have started.
  8. The leather pattern shows two triangles, the point-up triangle symbolizes the male part of the spirit, and the point-down triangle symbolizes the female part of the spirit.
  9. The bottom gem in the leather pattern matches the Tifret sephiroth in the Kabbalah Tree of life which here symbolizes balance between the male and the female part of the spirit.

To conclude, Salvator Mundi by Leonardi da Vinci symbolically depicts the union of the male and female part of the human spirit and its covenant with the divine.

-MM

edit on 16-11-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Crowley's "Magick" (book 4)

The Devil does not exist. It is a false name invented by the Black Brothers to imply a Unity in their ignorant muddle of dispersions. A devil who had unity would be a God... 'The Devil' is, historically, the God of any people that one personally dislikes... This serpent, SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil; He bade 'Know Thyself!' and taught Initiation. He is 'The Devil' of the Book of Thoth, and His emblem is BAPHOMET, the Androgyne who is the hieroglyph of arcane perfection... He is therefore Life, and Love. But moreover his letter is ayin, the Eye, so that he is Light; and his Zodiacal image is Capricornus, that leaping goat whose attribute is Liberty.

The painting instantly made me think of baphomet. Not only did they look similar to me, the symbolism is also the same in many ways. The leather design looks more helical to me resembling DNA.
edit on 16-11-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We can apply any number of interpretations to these things. We can also overanalyze something simple, which I think is the case here.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

His curly hairs the DNA...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Btw he looks totally blazed in that painting...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Davinci painted all kinds of subtle esoteric clues which have never been explained by the MSM.

Of the three reflections in the glass two are circular and one is heart or club shaped.

The right eye has the reflection of a page in it.

I've seen this in an English painting of the same period, Could be a resonance description.

The owl holds the page while the ape sings in this example.

The huge cross of leather over the chest area of the Salvator Mundi has a complex (base 10) resonance pattern.
But the fingers make a smaller cross.

I've never heard this explained?

edit on 16-11-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce
We can apply any number of interpretations to these things. We can also overanalyze something simple, which I think is the case here.

Simplest explanation is that this is a revisionist hoax and not a real painting by Davinci.
Very strange that it sold at auction in 1958 for £45, what did they think it was?
Who is Robert B Simone the Columbia University educated art dealer who "unveiled" the painting and was instructed not to comment on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Of the three reflections in the glass two are circular and one is heart or club shaped.

The masculine and feminine has their union in the heart. The Da'at sephiroth and Anahata chakra are located at the heart. The union in the heart is symbolized as two triangles pointing up (masculine) & down (feminine ) placed on top of each other - called the Star of David or Shatkona.

The right eye has the reflection of a page in it.

All your experiences, good and bad, are stored in your heart. The blank page symbolizes the innocence of the spirit at the time of the union of the male and female spirit. At the end of your life your spirit is weighed by the divine and all that is written in the heart is revealed as it cannot be concealed.

I've seen this in an English painting of the same period, Could be a resonance description.

The owl holds the page while the ape sings in this example.

The owl and the ape together is a Christian symbol of satan in the Tree of Knowledge, in your picture the monkey is not singing but whisteling to lure the birds in the Tree of Knowledge like satan lured Adam & Eve.

The huge cross of leather over the chest area of the Salvator Mundi has a complex (base 10) resonance pattern.
But the fingers make a smaller cross.

I've never heard this explained?

Not sure, really.

-MM

edit on 17-11-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is a da Vinci work that I've never seen or heard of (could just be my lack of knowledge), and seems a very nice one. Thanks for the post and analysis OP. I'll have to do a Wikipedia run to read more about it. Edit: Turns out that it was cleaned up and authenticated not too long ago, and then sold for uber-millions. The Wikipedia page:

en.wikipedia.org...(Leonardo) (whoops, not a direct link, some of those Wikipedia pages can't be linked to, but go to this one which has the entire story of Salvator Mundi and click on the redirect right at the top of the page)
edit on 17-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
This is a da Vinci work that I've never seen or heard of (could just be my lack of knowledge), and seems a very nice one. Thanks for the post and analysis OP. I'll have to do a Wikipedia run to read more about it. Edit: Turns out that it was cleaned up and authenticated not too long ago, and then sold for uber-millions. The Wikipedia page:

en.wikipedia.org...(Leonardo) (whoops, not a direct link, some of those Wikipedia pages can't be linked to, but go to this one which has the entire story of Salvator Mundi and click on the redirect right at the top of the page)

Here is the link to the Wikipedia article.

-MM

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was taught and instructed to share with religionists who believe christendom that Christ was no gift.
Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son Isaac for the purpose of instruction.
That in turn put God almighty in a great debt!
When it was time to repay it... he did so with Jesus Christ....

That then leaves the servants of God in a terrible bind.
They are not allowed to ask of God anything. His debt is already paid.
That means if you want anything of God... you must first go through Jesus Christ.

No one goes to the father except through him (Jesus Christ)....
Can I get a yay....????

If you want salvation.... you must know that it is essential to embrace the mystery of resurrection.

Apart from that.... you should give thanks to Abram and then to God and then to Jesus.
I'll lend no courtesy to the trinity of fools.
The Father - The Master
The Son - The Apprentice
The Holy Spirit - The Craft...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman
a reply to: eisegesis

His curly hairs the DNA...

Enter the ancient Mesopotamian religion:

Laḫmu, Lakhmu, or Lache is a deity from Akkadian mythology.

Laḫmu is depicted as a bearded man with a red sash -usually with three strands- and four to six curls on his head.

This is of course how Jesus has been depicted by Christians, bearded, with curls, and in a red sash. In the picture above the number of curls also matches Lahmu.

Some scholars, such as William F. Albright, have speculated that the name of Bethlehem ("house of lehem") originally referred to a Canaanite fertility deity cognate with Laḫmu and Laḫamu, rather than to the Canaanite word lehem, "bread"

As you know, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, another coincident?

Wikipedia: Lahmu

When it comes to the tree strands, I found this in Ecclesiastes 4:12 :

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Are these the same three strands that Lahmu is depicted with?

-MM

edit on 18-11-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Davinci was tasked with painting "The Savior of the world" during the Renaissance.
Probably limited access, maybe some symbolism from the "Cave of the Patriarchs" at Hebron.
Need a real skinny 12 yo girl to get in there.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bump

Just purchased by a Saudi prince.

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

join