It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis extract can have dramatic effect on brain cancer, says new research

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Collateral

Yeah, you still haven't sold me on the whole conspiracy.

I'm not here to change your mind. It's up to you to do the research for yourself and come to the conclusion on your own.

If it were true, why would BPh bother developing any cures for diseases? It would be in their interest to develop drugs that only treat the disease over the lifetime of the patient.

Big Pharma doesn't do the research themselves. If word got out that no one bothered anymore to do any research into developing a cure, than people would be outraged & demand to know what is going on. However, if research & studies are always being done, they can keep up their charade.

So you are alledging that BPh spends Billions of dollars on developing cures & treatments with no intention of selling it because they wouldn't make money off of them?

No I am not alleging that because Big pharma isn't spending billions of dollars on developing cures & treatments. Most of the money comes from tax payers pockets when it all boils down to it. ((Taxpayers pay Universities/labs, Universities/labs pay the researchers)) What they do contribute is worth it because again it's a smoke and mirrors show, they have to keep up the illusion. That cost is nothing in comparison to the total cost of keeping people sick and always needing pills to try to "maintain" their health.

Im sure a Scientist who was 99% sure he had a cure would have no trouble crowd funding/finding investors to fund the final rounds of testing.

This was suggested in the ATS thread that was created for this story, not sure what the scientists are doing. Bottom line though, if Big Pharma doesn't want a cure out, it won't get out.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'm not here to change your mind. It's up to you to do the research for yourself and come to the conclusion on your own.

And I'm saying that so far, none of these conspiracies have changed my mind.

Big Pharma doesn't do the research themselves. If word got out that no one bothered anymore to do any research into developing a cure, than people would be outraged & demand to know what is going on. However, if research & studies are always being done, they can keep up their charade.

They don't do the majority of Drug discovery, however they do the bulk of Drug development.

No I am not alleging that because Big pharma isn't spending billions of dollars on developing cures & treatments. Most of the money comes from tax payers pockets when it all boils down to it. ((Taxpayers pay Universities/labs, Universities/labs pay the researchers)) What they do contribute is worth it because again it's a smoke and mirrors show, they have to keep up the illusion. That cost is nothing in comparison to the total cost of keeping people sick and always needing pills to try to "maintain" their health.

This to me doesn't make sense.

Tax payers fund Universities.
Universities fund Labs.
Labs Fund Researchers.

So where is the Billions of dollars going that Big Pharma directly invests?

if Big Pharma doesn't want a cure out, it won't get out.

I don't doubt that they have the money & power to block drug development, however it would be counteractive to their whole business.

Like I said, develop a cure for cancer = 7.125 billion Customers. Make the cure an ongoing treatment and the number is endless. Make it a yearly Vaccination like the flu shot = 7.125 billion per year.

Not to mention the plethora of other diseases that affect humanity that they can still make money off of.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So where is the Billions of dollars going that Big Pharma directly invests?

I said most money comes from tax payers, not all.

Like I said, develop a cure for cancer = 7.125 billion Customers. Make the cure an ongoing treatment and the number is endless. Make it a yearly Vaccination like the flu shot = 7.125 billion per year.

Not to mention the plethora of other diseases that affect humanity that they can still make money off of.

This is where I know you don't have anyone in your immediate family that is sick or you yourself are sick.

When you are sick, you are usually on more than one pill plus also usually on vitamins & other supplements. The sicker you are, the more pills you have. I take 3 different medications, around $300 but my Mom who is sicker than me takes 6 different pills, one is a major steroid that costs itself around $500 plus she also has to take Vitamin B shots every other day. I know people who take more pills than that. Let's not forget that usually you have to have some sort of strict diet as well, which can be very expensive.

What's going to make you more money, one shot for a cure or multiple pills, vitamins/supplements & an extremely strict diet? Not the cure, unless it's going to be super expensive & you have to get the shot multiple times a year. If it is super expensive, many people will not be able to afford it and will have to stick with the drug regime and not be cured/in remission.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I said most money comes from tax payers, not all.

So I ask you again, where is the billions of dollars of investment going from BigPharma?

This is where I know you don't have anyone in your immediate family that is sick or you yourself are sick.

Wrong.

What's going to make you more money, one shot for a cure or multiple pills, vitamins/supplements.

You are confusing me again, as this is exactly my argument. It would be bad business NOT to develop a cure/treatment.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
originally posted by: Collateral

You are confusing me again, as this is exactly my argument. It would be bad business NOT to develop a cure/treatment.

Hopefully this will clear up any confusion you have?

Ok conservatively, let's say a cure shot for one year costs $150 OR leave the person sick and they have to spend $1,000+ on pills every other month, $60 every other month & $300/month on groceries for a strict diet. What is more money $150 or $9,960? Even if you had to get the cure shot every other month, $900 is still a small number than $9,960. Don't forget when you are still sick you will need to pay medical fees, which can be quiet expensive.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

The problem with that is; as you stated earlier on that not many people survive cancer long term.

So, lets say the "cure" for cancer is a yearly $500 Vaccination...maybe $1000...I'd be willing to put that aside a year to prevent Cancer, wouldnt you?

So multiply 1000 by the conservative figure of 1 Billion people per year over the average lifespan of 80 years.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You are also not ackowledging the fact that more people (much more) can afford to pay $150 pa than they can $9k.

so for every one person that can afford $9k you could have 200 that can afford $150.

Factor in a cure means less deaths which equals a higher population which equals exponential growth on customers.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Collateral

The problem with that is; as you stated earlier on that not many people survive cancer long term.

So, lets say the "cure" for cancer is a yearly $500 Vaccination...maybe $1000...I'd be willing to put that aside a year to prevent Cancer, wouldnt you?

So multiply 1000 by the conservative figure of 1 Billion people per year over the average lifespan of 80 years.

You aren't being realistic, whether it's due to not knowing or living in a bubble world and this is so beyond off topic that I'm going to stop responding. I don't know why you seem to think I know all the answers & you are basing your opinion on this conspiracy purely on that.

Medical Marijuana is hugely beneficial and the fact it is illegal is a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Lol. I, the Big Pharma non-conspiracist, am being unrealistic?

I argued the argument based on the logic and figures you were using and showed you how it doesnt make sense, and that makes me "living in a bubble".

I've spoken to scientists outside of Big Pharma and people who work within Big Pharma and they all say that the conspiracies are nonsense.

No conspiracist has been able to show me anything to make me think otherwise either.

Look, I agree with you that Medical Cannabis is beneficial, however that would only be looking at it from a short term point of view as the long term effects have yet to be determined.
I think you will find long term, that the reality will come to the top of the argument and it will be somewhere in the middle of 'Cannabis should be illegal & Cannabis is a miracle, all curing drug.'

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Sabiduriai have brain cancer and exhausted all possible treatment options. I ended treatment in the summer My only problem is, I had a stroke in May, which I fear may have been caused by using said natural remedies, so am very scared about trying it again. If my recent scan comes back with the Tumor growning back I may have to try it again, otherwise I will avoid until I'm certain it played no role in my stroke.

I, too, have a brain cancer, and I have tried cannabis oil. I have noticed a decrease in a lot of the pain I was having and some increased strength. I ended all other treatments last October and I'm on hospice so there will be no more MRIs unless I keep improving and go off of hospice. My cancer is terminal so we shall see...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join