It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis extract can have dramatic effect on brain cancer, says new research

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

That goes without saying

Most people just want to stress the importance & legitimacy of cannabis used medicinally. I know a lot of people think that the only reason people use it is to get high, even if they claim it's for medicinal purposes. They say it's just an excuse for people to get away with being high & cannabis doesn't do anything medicinally.

Yup. That's why I starred and flagged your thread. I am an avid believer that cannabis is a miracle plant, and that there has been a conspiracy to surpess knowledge about what it can do. Same with a few other illegal natural remedies... *cough* psilocybin mushrooms *cough*

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think it's just to youtube, it's the only way I would be able to see something because I don't have tv. ((Come Friday, I'll have tv again))

There are States that have legalized Cannabis and B.C, Canada has not legalized it, come on man. I dislike how the Liberals are using the legalization of marijuana to get elected into Federal power (Justin Trudeau from Prime Minister). He would have a big battle to get it legalized (because he has to convince the Provinces to legalize it) and this is something most Canadians are unaware of. They will vote him in and who knows what agendas have been hidden up his sleeve.

'This Is Working': Portugal, 12 Years after Decriminalizing Drugs

As part of its war on drugs, Portugal has stopped prosecuting users. The substances listed in the Law 30/2000 table are still illegal in Portugal -- "Otherwise we would have gotten into trouble with the UN," Goulão explains -- but using these drugs is nothing more than a misdemeanor, much the same as a parking violation.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Thanks I will look into that medicine. .

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It was more so made illegal because of hemp actually. Hemp would have ruined the cotton industry and crippled the forest industry 100yrs ago so they made it illegal. Of course once it the medicinal properties were realized and how much money the big pharma would lose, it added to the need to protect their cash.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It was more so made illegal because of hemp actually. Hemp would have ruined the cotton industry and crippled the forest industry 100yrs ago so they made it illegal. Of course once it the medicinal properties were realized and how much money the big pharma would lose, it added to the need to protect their cash.

Yeah, that too was indeed a massive factor. But I honestly believe they knew about the amazing medicinal abilities of cannabis all along.

I could elaborate much further on hidden knowledge about natural remedies that are illegal, but it would go way off topic and would break ATS rules.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
WTF happened to Chloralacetate??? sic (commonly administered to babies even)
U of Alta. showed remarkable tumour reductions after only weeks of therapy.....somebody shut them up?
edit on 20-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Cures have popped up and been blocked for a long time. It's sad how we can't have cures for illnesses because big pharma doesn't want to go out of business.

CTV News in Atlantic Canada reports that a Cure For Cancer is found and it has been censored just like Dr Buzinski’s Cure for Cancer from Houston, Texas. This report by CTV News covers Dr. Evangelos Michelakis at the University of Alberta and the drug called

DCA which has been found to reduce the size of cancerous tumors. Dr. Dario Alterieri from the University of Massachusetts agreed that the drug should be tested for its side effects and safety issues. However, there is no patent on this drug.

Cancer is finally Cured in Canada but Big Pharma has ‘No Interest’

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yes they would have known about the medical properties of cannabis but Hemp was the driving force behind cannabis being made illegal. Those industries couldn't be crippled.

Once better medical/scientific studies were done on cannabis to prove the medical properties, it was even more reason for it to stay illegal.

You should make a thread about natural remedies that are illegal.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

One of the very many reasons that hemp/MJ has been so damn hard to work with and legalize, is the fear of big pharma that their drug money won't be so high anymore.

Sorry, have to call BS on this myth.

"Big Pharma" will find a way to make money out of it, especially if there is a huge demand.

Any miricle medical treatment, especially for Cancer, would be worth Billions...if anyone can take advantage of that, its BPH.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Collateral

One of the very many reasons that hemp/MJ has been so damn hard to work with and legalize, is the fear of big pharma that their drug money won't be so high anymore.

"Big Pharma" will find a way to make money out of it, especially if there is a huge demand.

Any miricle medical treatment, especially for Cancer, would be worth Billions...if anyone can take advantage of that, its BPH.

Yeah, but you know, "Big Pharma" would probably do everything possible to be the only legal growers of cannabis.

At least in Scandinavian countries, you can ONLY have MMJ in the form of PILLS with extracted THC or CBD.
And guess what... Those pills are expensive as f*ck and hard as hell to get a license to!
IMPOV, that's how the "Big Pharma" is using the legalization of cannabis to their advance - to earn stuffloads of money on something that EVERYONE could make in their own kitchen.
The worst part of this is that almost every single patient who tries these pills say that they feel natural, dried cannabis gives them more relief.

It remains illegal to grow your own cannabis, no matter how sick you might be and how soon you'll die if you don't get cured somehow. I think in these situations, people should have the right to take whatever medicine or "drug" that makes them feel better or has curing properties.
And if they are not given the rights by the power-hungry non-sensical people in their government, they should TAKE the right.

Doesn't it state in the universal declaration of human rights Article 3 that "Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person"? (yes, it does, i just copied that piece of text directly from the UDHR Website).

I think the criminalization of any medicine for deadly sick and dying people is a gross violation of human rights.
Those lobbying for criminalization of cannabis are, in my point of view, the real criminals.
edit on 21112014 by BitBlazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Collateral

You can't call BS on something that is known fact.

You CANNOT patent a natural substance. Big Pharma tried to make synthetic versions of THC in the 90's and early 2000's. Most of which were stopped, discontinued or just never hugely implemented because the synthetic forms do nothing but get you high.

Since they cannot legally patent the natural effects that take place when you use MJ as medicine, there is no money in it for them.

There never will be, because they will never let any natural product be patented.

Half the reason they have that law is so they can claim the following:

"Nothing but a drug can cure, prevent or treat an illness."

That is law in the world today regarding medicine. Which is why you see the little blurp " This has not been tested or approved by the FDA" with most products you see on TV that aren't from a pharmaceutical company.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Yea, Portugal is a great test case for ending the war on drugs. They didn't just end prosecution for marijuana, they ended it for most drugs and they've only seen improvements in literally every drug statistic there is. Though, the ptb don't like to talk about Portugal, so we don't hear about it much. That's why we are only talking about legalizing marijuana right now, because it is considered a "safe" drug. The "unsafe" drug users still need to be treated like second class citizens and jailed. Obviously the war on drugs is only not working for marijuana *eye roll*.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Are you talking about the cannabinoids patented by the U.S. Government found here?

BTW totally agree with you.
edit on 21112014 by BitBlazer because: Fixed mistakes

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BitBlazer

Yes, thank you for the synthetic patents, I appreciate that link. I"m usually bad at finding those.

Ironic as hell that the US health Department filed this patent, but still lists it as a class 1 drug.

Sad.

~Tenth
edit on 11/21/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Collateral

What happens once cancer is cured? No more pills needed, no more money coming. Big Pharma will not allow for people to be free from illnesses & diseases.

There have been many cures for cancers that have passed animal trails and were to go on to human trails, however they are never heard from again. I read an article two years ago about this scientist who had developed a cure for cancer and it was supposed to be going on to human trails but the project got pulled and his cure is sitting in his freezer doing nothing.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BitBlazer

At least in Scandinavian countries, you can ONLY have MMJ in the form of PILLS with extracted THC or CBD.
And guess what... Those pills are expensive as f*ck and hard as hell to get a license to!

In Canada, there are the cannabinoid pills but they aren't as effective as Cannabis itself & it can be very hard to get Fairpharma to cover it (My Mom was prescribed it)

It is so sad how there are many people who are without medicine because they would rather use cannabis than scary pharma pills with their insane side effects.

In Canada, last year, they made it so that all medicinal users had to buy their cannabis only from pre-approved dispensaries and at the time there were only 3 that had been approved and they were out East. There were fears of running out of cannabis and an increase in price. I'm pretty sure most people still buy illegally.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yea I had no idea how long Portugal had changed their stance, I thought it was only in the last year or two, not twelve years.

It's such a same that the U.S is making it so no other country can make drugs legal and properly address the situation.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I thought Monsanto was still trying to patent a strain?

I'm pretty sure it's just going to be like the rest of their products and poison everyone.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yea I had no idea how long Portugal had changed their stance, I thought it was only in the last year or two, not twelve years.

Yep, there's a lot of people like you, because no one talks about Portugal. It's literally never mentioned or if it is, it is dismissed by saying that it's a small country and USA isn't comparable. Well, I'd say it's a great test case and is showing results FAR greater than the War on Drugs' results. Of course we should already know all this since the War on Drugs is only Prohibition 2.0. It's not like we don't have experience in legislating morality or anything...

It's such a same that the U.S is making it so no other country can make drugs legal and properly address the situation.

Yes, that is quite a hypocrisy there isn't it? Land of the free indeed. That phrase is more of trademark now rather than truism...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yep, there's a lot of people like you, because no one talks about Portugal. It's literally never mentioned or if it is, it is dismissed by saying that it's a small country and USA isn't comparable. Well, I'd say it's a great test case and is showing results FAR greater than the War on Drugs' results. Of course we should already know all this since the War on Drugs is only Prohibition 2.0. It's not like we don't have experience in legislating morality or anything...

Yes it makes sense for not too many people to know about it because the U.S has such a strangle hold on the War on Drugs. There is no way they would want lots of people to know how successful Portugal is. Notice how we aren't hearing much about Uruguay since cannabis was legalized there.

Yes, that is quite a hypocrisy there isn't it? Land of the free indeed. That phrase is more of trademark now rather than truism...

George Carlin hit the nail perfectly on the head with this:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join