It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis extract can have dramatic effect on brain cancer, says new research

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

It's actually better to use all of the plant, not just focusing on CBD or THC. Having strains that focus on CBD are good for people who don't want to get high but with all the cannabinoids (all 85 of them) working together, is supposed to get your the most benefit. ((I read a study on this, I'll see if I can find it))

From what I've been seeing and hearing about the most successful ways of having cannabis is as an oil. ((It's what a doctor was using in a documentary that is going to be released about children who use cannabis for medicinal purposes. I don't recall the name of it))

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

It's funny how cannabis has been used for thousands of years as a medical remedy for many different purposes, yet has only been illegal in the last 100yrs.

You can literally chuck cannabis seeds on a side of road and as long as it's not disturbed, it gets sun and water, it will grow. Technically you don't have to do anything to it for it to grow.

My Mom always said "Only do things god put on this earth and man hasn't messed with" and cannabis is that.

Hell, the fact you can never OD from cannabis because the brain naturally releases a chemical to keep it from happening, should be a sign that it is more beneficial than bad.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Im not saying I told you so...

...But, I told you so!

We now need to fight for open medical testing in the US. Their are a ton of uses that can benefit patients.
The ones I like are instant stress reduction(with known physical side effects), sleep pattern issues, and appetite issues. I feel we need to push equally hard in the direction of natural medicines as synthesized compounds.
We need unbiased research asap.
edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: post to short...got too giddy, had to add some substance.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
I agree. There needs to be a global database set up that has all the studies & cases of people using cannabis medicinally so that doctors & patients can access the information to help make the best decision for treatment.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Rick Simpson has been saying this for years.

www.phoenixtears.ca for those who haven't heard of Rick.

edit on 17/11/2014 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
And they said that it would kill brain cells, and make you a drug addictive bum.

'They' said a lot of things.

Now, at last, we are starting to get some REAL data as opposed to arguable anecdotal evidence, of exactly why 'they' were saying what they have been since the 30's.

Sickening that these people exist.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The big weed and organic food industry have you all conned, injecting hemp weed nuggs does not cure cancer, in fact it is the cause of ebola, aids and all deaths. #NotEvenOnce

Only people who support ISIS ebola zombies smoke bong injections, you terrorists make me sick

Big weed is the reason we are at war with Russia, the Russian weed toker terrorists are inventing new bucket-bongs that could destroy the earth itself!!!

I was a normal temple going christian who obeyed all the christian gods untill I was stabbed in the face with a weed needle (AKA: a JOINT) and then I turned into an orange. #PleaseDontEatMe

/end crazy

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

this is so true as a friend of mine had cancer on his brain,

they could only cut 85% of it away and said he had 15 years left to live,

so i told him to watch the true history of marijuana

and he made his own oil which he ate everyday

when he went for a scan to see if his cancer had grown they found it had all gone

so it really does work

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hi All,

Ive been reading stories about miracle cancer curing plants ever since my mother got sick a few years ago.

There is so much to find its hard to see the trees through the forest (thats a dutch saying). Weve been trying mushrooms, soursop (graviola), pohon dewa and i could continue to name a whole list of plants.

After hearing and reading a lot of stories about cannabis and especially this text:
norml.org...

and then subsequently this webpage:
www.apollyon.nl...

We have been turning some of my garden-grown cannabis into oil. Which is extremely easy to do.

This may or not cure the cancer, but the oil is allready proving to have a lot of benfits in the area of pain relief, appetite and sleep.

So what i would want to say is: 'read and investigate'. This plant may really be the miracle plant it has been said to be.
edit on 17-11-2014 by chaquah because: incomplete sentence

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: Sabiduria

Brilliant.

I bet Big Pharma are squirming in their collective boots. People really need to wake up and break the taboo surrounding the cannabis plant. It DOES have medical value.

Big Pharm is probably HUGELY conflicted right now. They are dumping all this money into keeping pot illegal, now it looks like they are poised to be able to make tons of money off of it. Interesting...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
After all is said and done imagine all the lives ruined through legislation against it. Think about all the ppl who where sent to jail and lives went downhill.

No apology or nothing, no recognition that they where wrong too. Just legalize it and shrug their shoulders in the end like it never happened.

Same as Prohibition. Then we'll go through this song and dance again if we can ever convince the government to end the war on drugs in totality.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

It's funny how cannabis has been used for thousands of years as a medical remedy for many different purposes, yet has only been illegal in the last 100yrs.

You can literally chuck cannabis seeds on a side of road and as long as it's not disturbed, it gets sun and water, it will grow. Technically you don't have to do anything to it for it to grow.

My Mom always said "Only do things god put on this earth and man hasn't messed with" and cannabis is that.

Hell, the fact you can never OD from cannabis because the brain naturally releases a chemical to keep it from happening, should be a sign that it is more beneficial than bad.

Keep in mind, opium is a plant as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If something claims to be a cure all of everything, it usually isn't and a lot of these claims need to be taken with a bit of skepticism.

However, that said, there is some encouraging results in the research and more must be done.

Also, pot should just be legalized like alcohol is. If the Kennedys were pot smugglers in the 1930's, pot would be legal and booze (a more dangerous substance) would not.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Sabiduria

Keep in mind, opium is a plant as well.

So are night shade and hemlock. Just because something is a plant does not make it automatically beneficial and harmless.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc...
Also, pot should just be legalized like alcohol is. If the Kennedys were pot smugglers in the 1930's, pot would be legal and booze (a more dangerous substance) would not.

Going to play devils advocate here, if pot should be legal then opium should be legal? both have medicinal uses, in fact one might even claim opium has more of a documented history in medicine than big juicy hemp nuggs.

Is addiction the issue against opium?

Is potential abuse the issue against opium?

Is supply the issue against opium?

Is metered dosage the issue with opium?

I'm not trying to be funny, and I am pro-legalisation, I just would like to hear how the 2 plant bases substances are treated differently in the medical world.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

All drugs should be legal, so yes that includes opium. Prohibition of any substance leads to far worse consequences than keeping it legal. With legality, you have regulation of product, people with problems won't be so terrified to come forward for help, you can educate people to the harm, you aren't jailing someone for making a decision with their body.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I get your position, but I dont think all drgs should be legal. There was this drug once that reduced morning sickness (navyDoc might be able to tell the story more accurately, than this layman), it was a pretty cool drug except its side effects were birth deformities, it was pulled off the north American market because it was dangerous, yet it was still sold in 3rd-world countries because, ya know, small government lets corporations pray on consumers.

So do you really want meth sold at your local 7-11? (legally)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I get your position, but I dont think all drgs should be legal. There was this drug once that reduced morning sickness (navyDoc might be able to tell the story more accurately, than this layman), it was a pretty cool drug except its side effects were birth deformities, it was pulled off the north American market because it was dangerous, yet it was still sold in 3rd-world countries because, ya know, small government lets corporations pray on consumers.

So do you really want meth sold at your local 7-11? (legally)

Thalidomide.

en.wikipedia.org...

It cause horrible birth defects in Europe and Canada--most noticeably lack of limbs or deformed limbs in children of mothers who took it for prenatal nausea.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF

originally posted by: NavyDoc...

Going to play devils advocate here, if pot should be legal then opium should be legal? both have medicinal uses, in fact one might even claim opium has more of a documented history in medicine than big juicy hemp nuggs.

Is addiction the issue against opium?

Is potential abuse the issue against opium?

Is supply the issue against opium?

Is metered dosage the issue with opium?

I'm not trying to be funny, and I am pro-legalisation, I just would like to hear how the 2 plant bases substances are treated differently in the medical world.

Currently you can get opiates be prescription but pot will land you in jail. That's the biggest difference right now.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

I don't really care if meth is sold at the 7-11, as long as proper regulations are enforced upon sale (like age minimums and such). Personally, I would never buy it or take it, but I'm not going to stop someone else from doing it. Though to be honest, if meth were legal, it would probably be forced to be sold out of a properly marked store (like what is done with alcohol and marijuana).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join