It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The crown chakra (a question)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I visited a highly regarded psychic and she started off the session by saying my crown chakra was blocked. She said she felt like I don't believe in the divine or trust the divine. She read my other chakras and pretty much said 4-7 are all closed and that I appear to have no spiritual beliefs (which is crazy because that's a huge part of my life). I would discard it if she wasn't spot on with the rest of the reading when she got out the cards. She nailed my life events going on right now.

I guess my question is how can this be? Everything I have learned says if you have faith in the divine and truly believe, your crown chakra will be open. I have felt sensations in the crown chakra as I continue with meditation. I pray to God and thank God a lot. I don't do organized religion but it was certainly disappointing to hear that it's blocked. I am getting better at living in the moment and having faith, but when I slip up I thank God for showing me I need to continue to do inner work and have more faith. I don't know what else I could possibly do or where I am going wrong. Many on this forum are interested in this stuff so I don't know what else I could do. Thanks for any replies.
edit on 16-11-2014 by Subconsciously Correct because: Added more stuff

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You can believe yet block direct communication with the supreme being. Most people would rather do a one sided conversation, telling god things and not wanting to listen to what god says, actually fearing what the divine may say.

This is probably because we have been conditioned that only a select few can hear god. There are also other problems with establishing this link. Some who are overzealous or messed up share this link and their thoughts are in there too. So we filter a lot. We are taught that demons and Satan can communicate with us and influence us too, which may be true. Opening your Chakra means it opens it to all and we have to learn to keep our morals strong so we do not get in contact with the wrong beings or get influenced by those who are a little off. This is a link we are talking about and a communication device we are not told exists. There is a reason we are told this does not exist and we are taught to block this. It is because some people can control others when this link is open also and they can use it to deceive us. If we can't control it by our desire to do good this can become a problem. The feeling of greed and want in links can disrupt our lives.

This is how I interpret what is happening, it may be right or wrong. I have been trying to evaluate this and it is hard because there can be so much negative to opening your third eye if you are not ready and wind up connecting to the negative in the world.

So
edit on 16-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Subconsciously Correct

How can someone read your chakras like that without getting to know you to see what's really wrong?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Although I personally do believe (or know) that we can communicate with God or the Great Spirit via our mind and soul, I think that 99.9999999 percent of psychics are frauds. They use trickery or down right evil to deceive people.

I don't think that a person with a real gift would keep it very long if they were using it to make money. Greed in itself would destroy the gift. So my question would be, did this "psychic" charge you money? If so you have probably been hoodwinked.

Those are my thoughts on the matter. I hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Don't let her words or interpretation of your chakra block you. Continue to move on, continue to move forward. You know your inner truth, you don't need someone to tell you or to decide for you. Advise when requested can be helpful and sometimes a little extra nudge but don't let it stop you or sway you one way or the other. The choice is yours. You can flow all on your own.

leolady

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I read somewhere that possibleproblems can arise if one doesnt have other chakras opened before the crown. Maybe focus on opening other chakras first. ..

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. I'm pretty grounded so I'm not worried about that part of opening higher chakras. As for the person who gave me the reading, she does card readings, palms, past-life regressions, and Reiki. She travels the country and that's what she does for a living.

I believe in fakes but I also believe some 'real' ones charge money because it still takes money to live. She charged me 20.00 and did a reading that took almost an hour. 20 bucks is nothing compared to what I see others charge. She was very accurate in her readings so I tend to think she has a real gift. Plus close friends of mine used her in the past several times and has her at a hosted psychic party so that's why I went ahead and got a reading.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You can choose to allow your chakras to do what they need to do for you. Have a little chat with them and let them know you'll step out of the way ... they'll know what to do. If you aren't comfortable with that idea, you can gently use crystals to help the healing process. But I certainly wouldn't go to a reader ... that's like telling your body/mind/soul you don't trust it.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

I read somewhere that possibleproblems can arise if one doesnt have other chakras opened before the crown. Maybe focus on opening other chakras first. ..

To have a very intense crown and third eye activation while being annoyed with this level can be troubling if your other chakras are not as energized so I agree that it is good to have all chakras close to same level.

Op do not always take psychic abilities to serious since many people (assuming they are 100% truth full) are still having ego projection problems where the ego (their experience and their preference) is distorting information.

To say it in another way just play around and do not take other peoples opinions to serious. From my point of view it is supposed to be fun and nice.

Namaste.
edit on 16-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

You need to generate "thought" energy and this comes from higher-thinking - the only way is really contemplation and finding answers to your questions in the form of "epiphanies" - I have experienced dozens so far, and every time, my thoughts are refined, and at a higher level, thoughts manifest as pure energy, this energy gradually "opening" the higher energy centres.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Real psychics (and charging 20 American dollars for an hour is a good indication that this psychic has something going) will assist in the process of enlightenment or basic life-clearing, so for this one to peak your interest in if a chakra is open, closed, or twisting in the wind, puts more attention on that chakra (and its friends). Spin it, both clockwise and counter-clockwise at the same time, tis all I can say (well no, I could say more).

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Best advice I could give is don't try force or push it, allow the brain to be tranquil, relaxed, and just let your self be aware of whats going on with your meditations or practices, taking small notes of things that your doing. One thing could work one way, while another works totally opposite.

Just don't focus hard on your brain, cause crappy advice like tht on techniques can cause a load of trouble, especially with the focal points in the brain or head.

Just imagine yourself or your flow energy as gentle stream, and allow your brain to depressurize it blood flow, causing no or little tension on the brains membrane.
edit on 17-11-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Chakras are strictly a physical phenomena and not a spiritual function. A blocked nasal due to coming down with a cold may impede your regular flow of breathing but, it does not mean you have completely stopped breathing and no longer able to function.

Your psychic friend should stick to Tarot because her ego is not involved in that process. That is why she was bang on during that part.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Chakras are strictly a physical phenomena and not a spiritual function. A blocked nasal due to coming down with a cold may impede your regular flow of breathing but, it does not mean you have completely stopped breathing and no longer able to function.

Your psychic friend should stick to Tarot because her ego is not involved in that process. That is why she was bang on during that part.

Well, I had reiki done for the first time yesterday because I felt like something was stuck in my chest area. He did one session and then looked at me and said "let's do one more" and after the second one happened this "thing" floated away. I do believe there is a spiritual aspect to the chakras. My heart chakra feels great now. The key is staying protected. I work in healthcare so there are a lot of unseen energies out there.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Serious question - after she said you were blocked did she say she'd unblock you in a few $100 sessions with her? Seriously .. you said you don't believe what she said because it doesn't make sense. So maybe you aren't blocked but the psychic might be fishing for some more money making sessions with you??

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Serious question - after she said you were blocked did she say she'd unblock you in a few $100 sessions with her? Seriously .. you said you don't believe what she said because it doesn't make sense. So maybe you aren't blocked but the psychic might be fishing for some more money making sessions with you??

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Thanks for your reply. She told me she does reiki classes but didn't offer them to me. It was more in passing conversation. The only thing she did was give me a card with her number and said "if this stuff I said doesn't happen within the next 6 months, call me and let me know I was wrong." That's pretty much it.

Edit: I should also add that the reiki session I mentioned in the post above was done by someone else, not her. He did it for free.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well, I had reiki done for the first time yesterday because I felt like something was stuck in my chest area. He did one session and then looked at me and said "let's do one more" and after the second one happened this "thing" floated away. I do believe there is a spiritual aspect to the chakras. My heart chakra feels great now. The key is staying protected. I work in healthcare so there are a lot of unseen energies out there.

I hear you my friend. What I usually share metaphysically is from personal experiences I have had unwillingly since a kid. I'm not much of New Age thought movement kind of guy. I Am more old school....and I try to share mostly insight that has been empirically weighed by myself and not through external teachings such as books and such. Too many of those out there these days....

If you see chakras as a spiritual function that is fine but, I would encourage you to not place a barrier between yourself in such a way. I encourage you to seek spiritual gnosis (knowledge from within) before becoming lost in new age fantasy and subject yourself to the New WAGE movement who sell you distorted truths because some try to come off more enlightened than they actually truly are.

I wouldn't get so caught up in the chakras idea for the reasons you think you need to do so. To do so is to climb the signpost instead of following it....

Stepping out for a bit, but I will back.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yah know I have never heard a "psychic" start off with "your charkra are fine" its always a blocked crown charkra. No seriously its their bread and butter answer.

Edit: Also if you are into God, and by god I mean the Abrahamic one. Playing around with Chakra is not really staying in the same metaphysical ball park IMHO. I'm non Abrahamic, and I don't mix and match my spiritual ideas. So there is an idea from the late pagan/early Christian Irish spiritual paths of the "Cauldrons of posey" that are similar to Chakra (except there are just 3). I don't do the Chakra thing, it feels "off" to this Pagan
and by "off" I mean a bad fit for me.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join