It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange dream with a death theme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Good morning all ya'll!!

Just wanted to pick some of ya'll's brains with regard to a dream I had on Friday night:

I normally don't dream much and when I do, I forget them almost immediately. This three part dream is still floating around in my head ...full images and all....

The dream started off with my cat, (who I might add is very old and I DO worry I will come home one day to his corpse). I had dreams of him dying in my arms. It started out with him nuzzling my arm, curling up next to me and dying peacefully. In the next "scene" I pick him up and his head lolls to the side and he dies in my arms...his head flopping to the side when I move him. In the last "scene" of him, he is throwing up LARGE amounts of his cat food.....like a nightmare where his mouth is open unnaturally and a constant mass of cat food is being forced from his wide open mouth.....like the Kitty Exorcist....

In the next "scene" of my dream.....my husband and I (and I am assuming it is my husband, though I never really see his face clearly in the dream and I rarely dream of people I know...), are pouring out some kind of a drink in crystal goblets that we know are full of poison. IN the dream, we have a "pact" that we are going to drink these drinks together and die together. We are in each others arms, lying together...or more like I am on top of him with my face in HIS neck and his in mine.....he is kissing and nuzzling my neck (NO.....this is not a sex dream).....and I say, "good thing we decided to not take that poison" and he tells me he took it already....and I can tell he is dying. I become hysterical as I didn't drink the drink and I was crying to him that we were supposed to drink it together and die together......

In the next part, I am in a house...I am with someone I know...(I rarely see faces, so I have NO idea who it is)...and I am being followed by the grim reaper.....this is the scary part of my dream......I can see HER (yes, it is a female face the reaper had!) coming up the stairs to "get " me...."she" is wearing the black robe and carrying the scythe...and her face is a smooth black mask....and the color black is HYPER permeated....in other words....the colors in my dream have one quality...but the black color of the grim reaper is much more saturated....the blackest black....more real and detailed than the other colors in my dream...."she" follows me everywhere until I am lying on a mattress on the floor...and I am "outside" myself...watching myself sleeping on this mattress with this female grim reaper bending over me...trying to envelope me....

The last part of my dream I am going into a man's bathroom, (I am female), that is painted that industrial, ugly yellow color....it is an old bathroom...like you might find in an old school building built at the turn of the century (the 1900's)...and as I walk in, I hear one door being locked from the outside....I run to another door and I can hear THAT one being locked from the outside as well...I know, in my dream, that the doors are being locked to prevent me from leaving so someone from the outside can come in and kill me......the end of the dream was me running towards the door to break it open so I could escape...

then I wake up....

SO....I have NEVER dreamed of the grim reaper....I have had very strange dreams with a disembodied voice that CLAIMS to be god, satan and death....but not actually seeing anything....just hearing a voice in my head in my dream....a mocking voice, I might add....

Strange.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
First of all,my sympathy for you having the elderly cat,whom you know will pass away in the foreseeable future.I too have an elderly cat,whom we rescued from the SPCA 11 years ago-she is a beautiful b+w cat,very distinct personally,and I shall miss her awfully when she passes on.

About the dreams with the recurring theme of death-i wish to ask you-are you consiously aware of having a fear of your husband passing on before you? Or that he may leave you,for whatever reason? Because what comes through for me personally,from what you wrote-is a fear of abandonment,of being vulnerable and alone,more than a fear of death itself.You can be frank,no one knows your real identity on here-i just got the sense that you have a subconscious,if not conscious,fear of being alone,vulnerable,abandoned to fend for yourself.

And in this brutal world ,it is a fact that if a woman is alone,she Is usually more vulnerable,not necesarily to death even,but to loneliness,sadness,isolation,many practical everyday problems,to people taking advantage of her,to many unpleasant things.Just my first thoughts on reading your account.a reply to: Cornczech

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Dreams have a strange way of sending a message.
I too don't often remember my dreams but last night I was horrified and distressed. Couldn't wake up and yet once I did, I was too scared to fall asleep again.
Well I did fall asleep and it continued. I remember it well the dream, so tonight I'll stay up just in case. What it all means I don't know but I'm sure it will go on again tonight.
I feel as though the dreams of terror are a message from a higher order that we normally cannot comprehend because if we could see and communicate with such higher orders we would crap ourself and maybe even drop dead of fear.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What a difficult dream that must have been yet at the same time, it's pretty badass as well. Sounds like it was borderline lucid. I love the clarity and the color. It saddens me when I hear folks that don't dream in color or vividly. The institutional yellow could also be connected to sickness/death/fear of death as it has that connotation. Strangely, I've been fairly preoccupied with awful institutional colors lately like the sickly green one sees in old schools. I don't know why.

I'd say this is mostly your ultimate fears (and more along the lines of fear of loss rather than fear of death) popping up in your subconscious is all. Have you been doing anything in particular to increase your dream states like a journal? If not, you might want to try it as it may just kick them over that edge and get lucid. Write them down as soon as possible and see what happens.
edit on 16-11-2014 by gottaknow because: additional info.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Unfortunately, my electricity just went out so I have to reply on my crappy phone!

I DO have fears of abandonment having been abused as a child and having an abusive step father, not seeing my real father til age 15, etc. I lost 4 family members, including my real father, in 2012.... Two of them within 3 weeks of one another!
I have a wonderful, ( or is it?), ability to block things and not deal with them!
I will expand when the electricity comes back on and I don't have to pick out a response on my phone

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
First of all,my sympathy for you having the elderly cat,whom you know will pass away in the foreseeable future.I too have an elderly cat,whom we rescued from the SPCA 11 years ago-she is a beautiful b+w cat,very distinct personally,and I shall miss her awfully when she passes on.

About the dreams with the recurring theme of death-i wish to ask you-are you consiously aware of having a fear of your husband passing on before you? Or that he may leave you,for whatever reason? Because what comes through for me personally,from what you wrote-is a fear of abandonment,of being vulnerable and alone,more than a fear of death itself.You can be frank,no one knows your real identity on here-i just got the sense that you have a subconscious,if not conscious,fear of being alone,vulnerable,abandoned to fend for yourself.

And in this brutal world ,it is a fact that if a woman is alone,she Is usually more vulnerable,not necesarily to death even,but to loneliness,sadness,isolation,many practical everyday problems,to people taking advantage of her,to many unpleasant things.Just my first thoughts on reading your account.a reply to: Cornczech

Ah,the electricity is back on.....

So...My husband is almost 5 years younger than I....not that he couldn't pass before me...but....

I will admit that I have grown quite attached to him....I was married before and I left my previous husband....didn't look back. I loved him greatly....but....I wasn't happy so I just walked. And I was very independent in those days...I drove...I paid bills...I worked a very good job and I was involved in it....I got certifications I needed...I actively wanted to get to the top of my game....
Then I changed....I don't know what happened...I suspect that it was a combo of hormones, (I had an ovary removed) and the fact that in those days, I abused the pain meds I was given for chronic pain, (I had pretty bad endometriosis and suffered migraines as well). I suddenly started missing a lot of work, I wasn't interested in my child, my husband...I never went backpacking any longer...I stopped wearing make-up and I started to smoke ***....I also stopped taking the pain meds....stopped taking the "brain drugs" I was given....anyhow...I'm giving too much info....I just changed...

I met my current husband in 1999. (the above "change" happened in 1997..and there is a LOT more to THAT story!)...and we've been attached at the hip, so to speak, ever since. We have done everything together and we were once that couple you just wanted to gag every time you saw us...we were "so in love"...then things fell apart after my half-brother killed himself in 2008 and I started to dip into the "alcoholic" stage. I went to rehab, yadda, yadda.....but...things have never been the same....yet, I am very very dependent upon him emotionally. I inherited a few $$ from the death of my father, so I could easily survive financially without him....but..not emotionally. SO, yes....I DO fear losing him.

I am a very very angry, suspicious person. I was raised in a VERY abusive family...sadistic is a word that comes to mind, as well as very sad...very cold...and over emotional...very scared a lot as a kid. IN m teens thru age 30...I was independent...very bold and outgoing and stubborn. From age 30, I started to change....

This all being revealed....said....nothing much is going on recently that would make me suddenly dream that dream...sure, I have been ill...feverish a few days, (tho not the day I dreamed it) and I recently had a blow up at work...and the last death in my family was in May 2014...though, as a result of my father's will and the greed of my family that IS still alive...I have refused to speak with them....all of THAT crap happened in the summer...

I have had scary dreams in the past...some much more scary than this one...but this death themed dream sequence was strange....

thanks for replying!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Hi there.My apologies for only coming back to reply now.I am so sorry to hear of all you have gone through.Wow..some people just seem to get the whole cargo,while others get one of 2 containers in their entire life..Very very sorry to hear,from my heart.I myself was a very abused child,and i guess i too,am an "angry" sort of person.Not at my own life circumstances,not for a long time anymore,i've accepted and dealt with that-but angry at the injustices and outrages,the (pardon my french) the effed-upness of the world,many many things.Still,not in a constantly seething way,more that it has gradually through my life made me someone who will not be pushed around,will not suffer injustice without fighting back like a rabid tiger,will not be taken advantage of,will try to help and defend the innocent,the defenceless and disenfranchised wherever i can.Will even fight on behalf of those too uninformed or intimidated to take up their own fight alone.

Death has had a large presence in you life,i see.Maybe your mind is still dealing with all the loss.When one is overwhelmed by the succession of losses you have had to deal with,plus other problems,it could well be that your mind puts some of that load "in the backroom" to deal with gradually.Which could manifest over time in disturbing,saddening dreams,depression,emotional highs and lows.etc.The mind is extremely geared towards self-preservation.And as you said,you do have a fear of abandonment,maybe not straight up quivering fear,but a concern,a niggling worry.That small niggling concern/worry should not be underestimated for it's ability to affect one-a chronic low-grade condition can be as depleting and influential as one hard whammy.

You have overcome a very hard childhood,you may have made your own mistakes too,but we All do.As long as you forgive yourself,and accept everyone makes mistakes,and that just because you have lost many people in your life,it does not mean you will lose anymore in the foreseeable future.You and your husband sound like you have a strong relationship.This dream is quite propably a reflection indeed,of you having a concern over possibly losing your husband,and the much loss you have already had.As i said early,you have had way more than your fair share of death's presence in your life.

My best wishes and blessings to you,from my heart,for a happy,stable life and future for you and you hubby,Cornzcech-and a biiig big ol' hug from me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I've had death themed dreams. I see the reoccurring numbers as I glance a the clock all the time. And my bday is 10/07

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have had death themed dreams and I see the reoccurring numbers all the time and my bday is 10/07. a reply to: Cornczech

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hey

top topics

join