It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideology is poison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Since you've taken to attacks on character, and did not comprehend what I was asking him. Would you like me to type it more slowly for you?

I get it you root for your party like a sports team, probably vote a straight ticket every time... is this out of tradition or intelligence you assume I lack? Sad part is you're probably the sort to riot in the streets over a team loss, than when something way more important was rigged with democracy losing. Look, I don't give a flying J that the republicans took the midterms, I'm just upset that democracy was given a swirly and NO ONE CARES.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I'm not exactly sure how anything I said was taken as an attack on your character. I can assure you that it was not my intent to insult you or your intelligence. If you are talking about the avatar comment, please watch the episode as you will see it is relevant to the topic of your post. And it's a great one.

So now tell me why you resorted to attack my character. You read three sentences and assume I riot when my sports teams lose. Your response is exactly why ideology exists in the first place. You overreacted to something that was never said. You assumed you know what I think and placed me in a category of your choosing. You want people to think logically or thats what I believe you are saying and then you discard my opinion before you know what it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

The taste of ones own medicine is pretty bitter isn't it? All the things that post made you feel were things you were prompting me to feel, I didn't really feel them, the thing I did feel is that the point made in the op was missed, because of the party affiliation talk, when it is pretty clear I favor no party.

I favor whomever voices the will of the majority of people in their political career and act on the peoples will, avoiding the temptation to accept a bribe, a back door deal, to become a policy sponsor for the highest bidder, ignoring the will of the people. This just happened in the major political forum, so instead of the will of people winning, money won.

I hold no animosity for you man, even if some things were scathing in your posts. Not going to lose sleep over it trust me, so if you really feel that way? Well within your right to voice it, and well within mine to dish back to make a point, assumptions are not my style but if someone wants to peg myself as some stereotype, right back at em

The subject of the avatar I was referring to are positions of power, nothing to do with the episode itself. I have seen it, but do need a refresher as it's been awhile. If you care to make the correlation between the two so I can see what you are eluding too and ponder it? Be my guest.

edit to add yes I starred your post above this one.
edit on 16-11-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I think you yourself are expressing here your own ideology by way of singular opinion as point-in-fact.

Yours...a practicle application in an oxymoronic way...so what's the difference? Poison is poison no matter who expounds it...soooooo.....

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So, you are claiming that ideology won or lost? I am confused.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

We don't live in a democracy. We live in a constitutional republic. There is a big difference in how the two operate.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Logarock

I suppose you feel your ideologies are finally gonna get some representation? Whooo whoo, all aboard the you train and screw everyone else right?

Suppose, you are in the picture of your avatar... are you more comfortable being the position of the person standing or sitting or perhaps on your knees yet to be shown? I am not a stereotype as your post suggests, I don't care what anyone's ideology is, I do not have to agree with it, to fight with you for your right to have you ideology, as long as it does not impede on anothers right to have their own ideology polar to yours, there is room for way more than one ideology with tolerance and minding ones own business.

If I have somehow mistaken your position, then please ignore the above.

Ok so are you saying that the Democrats bear a closer resemblance to a non-impeding sort of ideology? If you have forgotten go back and look at your conclusive shot at the republicans. Maybe you said this simply in light of the resent turn around and dint really mean to exclude the dems. If so then ignore this.

(post by Taajsgpm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'm well aware it's an ideology, and unfortunately not common sense. Pushing ideological extremes on people by way of politics, is nonsense, as there is no freedom or right to pursue happiness in it... a limited or no choice is not freedom at all.
edit on 17-11-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There's many augments as to what it is, but it is definitely not what it was now is it?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I said I back no party, if you feel like bashing on some ideological extremes from democrats like the ACA be my guest.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taajsgpm

WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OWN IDELOGIES , ITS WHEN YOU PUSH YOURS ON ME THT YOU LOSE ME.
Like sex, ormy religion, or education. or my kids , or smoking

estick.com...

DING DING DING we have a winner! exactly what my sorry ass was trying to get across, and have been reiterating over and over.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Agreed. Additionally...how's the saying go? "One man's poison...."!
Thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yes, as a whole it is a hybrid "ideology" that has a common objective which "debate" aids the concealment of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join