It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Personification and Anthropomorphization of Astrology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is a very, very long read. But, to those who are interested in the plagiarism and parallels in different religions, this will be interesting.

The Personification of Astrology

All the way back to 10,000 B.C., the sun has been worshiped as one of the most important and amazing objects for ancients to see. It is easy to understand why, especially for the ancients. Every morning it would rise, following the rise of the sun would come light, safety, warmth. Thus, saving these ancient civilizations from the cold, dark, predator filled night. These ancient civilizations understood that without the sun, plants could not grow, crops would not flourish, and life itself would not be able to continue. Obviously, this made the sun the most important and crucial thing to the ancients. Not to mention, with nothing else to do at night, and the interests of the heavens above, these ancient people were also very familiar with the stars and the layout of them. The stars were very useful to them; they used stars to track and anticipate events that would occur over long periods of time. Examples of this would be eclipses, full-moons, and solstices. By doing this, they knew the appropriate time to farm, hunt, and many other things. A lot of actions that these ancients would do would depend on the location of the stars at that current time. These ancients then categorized a specific collective of stars into what we know today as constellations. As a result of the knowledge of the sun and its location, and the location of the constellations, the cross of the zodiac was born, one of the oldest conceptual images in human history.

xrystiann.files.wordpress.com...

The picture of the cross of the zodiac has a circle in the middle, representing the sun. Using a cross “t” shape, it is also divided into four sections. These four sections refer to the equinoxes and solstices. And, in each solstice, it shows 3 of the 12 original constellations, which refer to the 12 months of the year. These constellations were personified, and anthropomorphized such as Pieces, the two fish. Or Orion, the hunter. So not only did the ancients follow these stars, they personified them. The ancients created stories about them, and using the sun as the live-giving magnificent being, was God. The twelve constellations were the twelve disciples, and that’s just the start of it. And thus, using personification and anthropomorphization, the base of all religion was born, along with the birth of many future wars, killings of innocent people, discrimination, and separation of society as a whole.

The sun, known for its life saving-saving, warmth, and live sustaining qualities, was personified as the unseen creator, or God. The sun was often referred to as God-Sun, The Light of the World, The Savior of Humanity. Moving on, the constellations represented places of travel for God Sun. For example, Aquarius, the Water Bearer, when the sun is aligned with, brings the spring rains. Now, for any of this to make sense, one thing has to be understood; the parallels found throughout every religion.

Starting off with Horus, the Son of God of Egyptian mythology around 3000 B.C. His entire life and story was him as the sun personified. These stories were made from anthropomorphization and his travels and battles as he moved through the sky through different constellations. Horus, known as the Son or The Light, had an enemy. The enemies name was Set, the personification of dark or night. Every morning, according to Egyptian scriptures, Horus would win the battle against Set, bringing light and warmth. Then every night, Set would win the battle against Horus and send him to the underworld, thus the death of the sun and the darkness would follow.

Speaking broadly, the story of Horus goes as this: Horus was born on December 25 of the virgin Isis Mary. His birth was accompanied by a star in the east. During his birth, he was adored by 3 kings. Horus was a teacher by the age of 12, he was baptized at age 30 and thus began his ministry. He had 12 disciples he traveled about with performing miracles such as healing the sick and walking on water. He was called The Truth, The Light, The Lamb of God, and many other names. After being betrayed, he was crucified, was dead for 3 days, and then resurrected. This all was around 3000 B.C. These attributes of Horus, whether original or not, were found around the world and being used by many other cultures.

Attis (1,200 B.C.), of Greece, was born of a virgin on December 25. He was later crucified, buried for 3 days, then resurrected.

Krsna (900 B.C.), of India, was born of a virgin. Accompanying Krsna's birth was a star in the east. He performed miracles, had 12 disciples, and upon his death was resurrected.

Dionysus (500 B.C.), of Greece, was born of a virgin on December 25. Performed miracles such as turning water into wine. And, upon his death, was resurrected. Mithra (1,200 B.C.), of Persia, was born of a virgin on December 25. He had 12 disciples and performed miracles. Upon his death, was buried for 3 days, and then resurrected.

Now, let's look at our most recent Messiah; Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary on December 25 in Bethlehem. His birth was announced by a star in the east and was accompanied by 3 kings. He was a child teacher at 12 and at the age of 30 was baptized and thus began his ministry. Jesus had 12 disciples he traveled about with performing miracles. After for being betrayed by Judas and being sold for 30 pieces of silver, was crucified, dead for 3 days, and sent back into the heavens. The fact of the matter is, there are tons of saviors from different cultures around the world that share these general characteristics.

(Cont..)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The literal taking of these texts needs to be abolished. According to some followers of Christianity, the actual reasoning that the stories from the Bible are exactly the same is that Satan did it. They literally will blame Satan for corrupting our minds and making us believe in false prophets, even though Christianity is relatively new when it comes to religion throughout the world.

Now, the majority of readers, if they didn’t believe that Satan did it, would be thinking “So what? So what if they all shared the same characteristics and general story. How does that mean they are based on astrology?” Well, let’s start with the birth sequence, possibly one of the most obvious astrological give-a-ways.

The star that's always in the east in all these religions is the star Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky. On December 24, Sirius aligns with the 3 brightest stars in Orion's belt. These 3 brightest stars in the constellation Orion are called today what they were called in ancient times, The Three Kings. Now, once Sirius and the 3 stars are aligned on December 24th, they are aligned directly where the sun rises on December 25. This is why the 3 kings of all these religions follow the star in the east. They are looking to find the sunrise, or the birth of the sun; the birth of God-Sun. This solves the mystery of why the pyramids of Egypt and many other structures in antiquity are aligned with those exact 3 stars of Orion

Moving on, the Virgin Mary is the constellation Virgo. Virgo is also known as Virgo the Virgin, essentially because virgo in Latin means virgin. Virgo was also referred to as the “house of bread”, and the representation and personification of the constellation Virgo is a virgin holding wheat in her hand. This “house of bread” and her holding the wheat represent August and September, the time of harvest. Bethlehem literally translates to “house of bread”. Thus, Bethlehem is a reference to a place in the sky, not on earth; the place where the “sun” was born. The most interesting, compelling, and undeniable give-a-ways that these stories are based on astrological movements and personification is the explanation of why these saviors from different eras and cultures were crucified, died on the cross, and in 3 days were resurrected. From the summer solstice to the winter solstice, the days become shorter and colder. From the perspective of the northern hemisphere, the sun appears to move south and become smaller and more scarce. The shortening of days and the crops unable to grow symbolized death to the ancients. These times were the death of the sun, the death of God-Sun. By December 22, the suns demise was fully realized. For the sun, having moved south continuously for 6 months makes it to its' lowest point in the sky

This is where the story is all explained. The sun stops moving south, at least perceivably from earth, for 3 days. These days are December 22, 23, and 24th. During these 3 days, the sun is aligned directly, and sits right in the center, of the Southern Cross constellation. After those 3 days of being “dead” and “crucified” on the cross, on the 25th, the sun moves exactly 1 degree north; thus being resurrected. And so it was said, again and again and again, the sun died on the cross, was dead for 3 days, only to be resurrected and once again bringing light, warmth, and salvation to the world.

To end this long post, I would like to say that no, I am not atheist. I tend to practice a rather Buddhist lifestyle, but I do not even like to use that label of my mindset. I just live existentially and believe that within each of us we have the power to create our own reality. A big reason that I do not consider myself atheist is because the fact that the golden ratio exists in nature, completely independent of mankind. This, as far as I am concerned, is far past the idea of coincidence.

Thank you,
-Seth

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If a Mod could please move this thread to the Conspiracies in Religion forum, as I meant to post it there.
edit on 16-11-2014 by MyEyesSeeTooClear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sounds pretty much exactly what the video called Zeitgeist goes through in it's beginning...

It's all ideology, it had it's use and served it's purpose at the time. Is there a use for it now? Other than people feeling their belief is what gives them purpose? No. Unfortunately, the adherents to belief systems and their ideologies take them as truth, many times the one and only truth. This of course typically, creates discrimination against anyone, who feels another ideology is truth. This is about when everyone gets pissed off, arguing who's made up god and ideology is better, and start killing each other.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MyEyesSeeTooClear

First off, some of what you listed about Horus isn't true AFAIK. I haven't looked at the details lately (and there are tons of threads that argue this point), but after I read about Zeitgeist the first time I went and checked some of the facts, and they aren't all so cut and dry.

Now I'm not saying that there aren't similarities and "copies" because I argue some of the same in my Sig Line Thread.

Here's how I see it, just another perspective for ya.

The stars are as "Signs in the heavens", these tell THE STORY. For me there is only one story that is told, just with different alterations and significations. This is the story of birth of the new man. The ancients didn't just think upon this concept of the rising and dying Sun/God as they saw it in the stars, but that the movement of the stars are imprinted in us all, and we cannot but see that and project that onto the stars, and onto our hopes/religion.

I do not believe that Satan stole the story of Jesus coming and corrupted the pagans, at least not in the sense of Satan being a baddie "out there". For me, the flow of life/information/knowledge comes from "Above" from the Mind of God. That flows through the Mind of Flesh which is typified in the veil of the Hebrew Tabernacle, and of the Mysteries. The veil is woven of Babylonian design, with the cherubim on it. The cherubim are sphinxes, and the Sphinx as seen in the Dendera temple is a symbol of the entire Zodiac, Leo the lion on one end, and Virgo on the other as the face.

This story of the zodiac and that of Horus being born, and that of Christ being born, is not so much about actual events that took place in time, but of events that take place "IN US" as we are transformed into the likeness of Christ/Horus. Much of religion wants to cover over this fact, which is what the veil of the mind does, it brings death/separation from the Source of Life.

Paul spoke about these mysteries "But we all with UNVEILED faces are reflecting the glory of the Lord/the Sun as in a mirror, are being TRANSFORMED/TRANSFIGURED into the same Image, from glory to glory".

These mysteries are all the same, but all have corruption because that is what the mind of man does. Its when we put off our adamic mind, the veiled mind that believes the illusion of separation, that the Son of Man or the True Human is born.

Now for some evidence of the synchronicity of the Hebrews and the Egyptians, this is Hathor/House of Horus, aka Qodesh. Qodesh is the exact word used for the tabernacle in the HEbrew. This symbol of Qodesh is overlaid with the layout of the tribes of Israel, and is the same type as the tabernacle. It tells the same story.

So to sum up, I don't think that Christianity is based on Astrology, or that it is a plagiarized version of older religions. For me, "Christ in you is the hope of glory", sums up the entire thing. The purpose of all of these stories, including the one imprinted in the sky is so that you and I will awaken from the tomb on the third day… the slumber of the adamic mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Deuteronomy 4

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Satan is the lower nature of consciousness, or the necessity of free will as a mirror of good and evil. The one speaking above is Yahweh (Adonai / Son of God). According to the Corpus Hermeticum, the entire Kosmos is the image of the Son of God. According to Colossians 1, the Son is the template used for all of creation. According to Genesis 1, the image of God is both male and female (Strong and Weak Nuclear Force) bearing a Son. While we want to make humans out of the Characters, we can't fail to see the brilliant and simple truth left for us to match the metaphor to the truth of the situation. Yahweh has a lower nature that was overcome on the cross. While this actually happened on Earth, it is a broader story of the entire Kosmos.

Aleph Bet is the word Father in Hebrew. His Son is the Word, or what is written by the letters. The word Son is Bet Nun, or House of Seed. The word Mother is Aleph Mem, or Strong Water. When seed is placed in a cup (mother), a Son is produced (bread). He is also known as the bread of life. Before mankind knew anything of DNA as letters or proteins as words, the Bible was there with the message leading us to the truth of Baptism (Involution and Evolution), or rising to new life from the cup of the mother's womb and the seed of the Son (bread). Long before we knew that DNA could be changed, the Son of God told us of the book of life saving the information of our essence into a volume of information. Long before we knew about being born again into the waters of life from this information, the Bible was telling us about resurrection of consciousness into a cycle of life, thus avoiding the entropy of energy.

We can deny these truths are in the word of God, but they are still there and have been for much longer than our science cares to admit. We are just now starting to see where all these personifications are pointing us as created sentience. As science continues to find the correct metaphors to use as theory, the Bible is there to show the truth behind the Father's Letters (Aleph Bet) and the Word called a Son.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

What I just said in detail: Hidden in the Letters of Creation - Mother / Mater / Matrix

edit on 16-11-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Its not the literal sun. There are levels of coding in spiritual writings as religions are promoted by leaders who always try to entrap followers, thinking somehow their efforts at lying or hiding truth holds weight in cosmic courts, when its only intent of heart that counts. The sun they code to and call Sol is Saturn, not our star. The ancient word for Sol was Saturn.

Now, that is just one road. That is not what the gnosis or inner meanings depict.

The story is not about a star, its about consciousness in a matrix or holographic reality, hijacked by archons. They are not creators themselves, but hacked it to make it into a fear based world, a pyramid structure of abuse and slavery.

All the scriptures are inner metaphoric writings that depict how to awaken, set yourself free and help others to become free, to overcome anger and beast or body and desires, to crucify ego in the end, and to become Christed or a Buddha, or awake, and your body goes from beast to the Temple of God/Goodness/Source and you shine true inspirations and Light into the world of darkness and become a helper. Bascially grow up and go home.

Alot of the inner meanings are put in articles on this site, which is what I call pure or positive gnosis, as opposed to the dark path that is also hidden in the scriptures. One example of that is, passages about cannabilism in the bible, which is ancient dark babylonian magic, ritual magic. Lay seige to Israel is mentioned in the chapter. Is Ra El is not a race or religion, it means those who meditate and go within for answers, and take that journey to ascension or Higher Mind. And laying seige to Israel means: how to lower earth frequency, dumb down masses and prevent them from waking up. ie direct instructions to royal families and wanna be world mismanagers/elite.

Then in that section it depicts the sensitive woman as being so sensitive her foot can't touch the ground without bruising. Well, sensitive means a sensitive heart, whereas this story relates to the princess and the pea ,or royalty, the elite. And then talks about cannabilism even of your own children and family.

That is what all elite families actually do. And open the door to the evil realms and bring in evil to ours. This grid of ritual murder keeps people in a violent and activated state where they lower frequency, dimmed down, and their reptilian fight or flight fear survival tendencies activated.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...
edit on 16-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yep i agree with everything. Manly Palmer Hall talks a lot about this. Jordan Maxwell does a lot of work with astrotheology, but I think Santos Bonacci explains it the best.

edit on 16-11-2014 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Horus was the son of Isis. And Isis was in my opinion the first known god. And as slap in the face of men, she was a woman. Men had to invent a male as a god that could stand above Isis. That's what I believe. And be sure I have nothing against men.

Why are there so so many cave paintings and why you never see a crescent moon? Yes Isis is the first moon goddess. 32000 years ago there were astrologists like today. People were looking at the sky. Counting and depicting stars but they never depicted the crescent moon.

That is simply unbelievable ... but true. Read: www.evawaseerst.be... and form your own opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra

Horus was the son of Isis. And Isis was in my opinion the first known god. And as slap in the face of men, she was a woman. Men had to invent a male as a god that could stand above Isis. That's what I believe. And be sure I have nothing against men.

Why are there so so many cave paintings and why you never see a crescent moon? Yes Isis is the first moon goddess. 32000 years ago there were astrologists like today. People were looking at the sky. Counting and depicting stars but they never depicted the crescent moon.

That is simply unbelievable ... but true. Read: www.evawaseerst.be... and form your own opinion.

Here is a link to a lunar calendar dated 32,000 B.C. showing the phases and happens to be the oldest one known so far in archeology.

Oldest known Lunar Calendar
edit on 18-11-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: link broke

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Your understanding & acceptance of the Archons is commendable, if not admirable. I fear there are not nearly enough like us.
----
If religious duality has taught me one thing, it's that when you are offered a choice, refuse to choose.

new topics

top topics

join