It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a feminist, what is feminism, and what is a 'feminazi'? Do you know what they are?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All things being equal, feminism is a much needed limiting factor to the population of a society.
This being due to significantly reduced fecundity amongst emancipated women.
Unfortunately, this allows non-feminist societies to 'out bread' the feminist ones.

edit on 16-11-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I repeat, it makes men out to be enemies, while making women out to be perpetual victims

Maybe in your all or nothing world

But - you've just said - women have had their reasons...it just can't be that they have their reasons because of men

It's the church now - is it?

Sexism is an interesting thing Les - nice shell game

:-)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
do you think women have always been free to do what they want to do - at least as free as men have been historically? Were we considered equal always - legally?

Certain men. Who had females in their lives who were either free to do as they wanted and/or lived exceedingly privileged and protected lives with men enslaved specifically to do their bidding. Some even ran entire countries.

What modern western feminism wants you to forget is that at the same time there were women being oppressed, there was a massive portion of the male population being oppressed, abused, exploited as well.

The reason modern feminism wants everyone to forget about that is so it can be used as a weapon to continue dividing us plebs.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If it's really about equality, then it only makes sense that men should have equal say in wether the unborn child gets to live, or die; in my opinion. That would be -equality-. Simply because the life is growing in a woman's body, doesn't mean the male shouldn't have a choice. Honestly, I believe all life has a right to live.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Apologies for the drive-by post from me here, I wonder if this advert from last year would be dared by any company if the lifeguard was female and blonde.

It is not unique any more, MSM seems to have gone the other way over the last decade or so and it seems stupid blonde jokes out, stupid bloke jokes in...perhaps that's what feminism is all about.
I live in the UK and I struggle to think of any new laws which could be created to further equalise rights of any gender, male/female/trans or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Maybe in your all or nothing world

But - you've just said - women have had their reasons...it just can't be that they have their reasons because of men

It's the church now - is it?

Sexism is an interesting thing Les - nice shell game

Realize you're speaking about 50% of the world population. I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable making such sweeping generalizations as you're doing. That's what disgusts me about your version of things.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

edit on 16-11-2014 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ErgoTheAbsurd

What modern western feminism wants you to forget is that at the same time there were women being oppressed, there was a massive portion of the male population being oppressed, abused, exploited as well.

Absolutely

But what people also seem to forget is that - women were usually and historically less equal and less free than even unequal and not-free men

I'm sure there's a more elegant sentence in there somewhere - but you get what I mean

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What about the Amazons, or the many, many Queens that have ruled nations?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

That's what disgusts me about your version of things.

Disgusts? :-)

Too funny Les - and there you are

I wonder - could you put into words for me what my version of things is?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Honestly, who cares? In a hundred years who'll give a s***?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'll quote you rather, but I don't think I have a syringe big enough to inject that sarcasm into it.

"But - you've just said - women have had their reasons...it just can't be that they have their reasons because of men "

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
To all those FOR feminism, which cries for equal rights for both genders, answer my question: Should men have an equal say in wether a child still in the womb should live, or die?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That's not my view Les - why don't you actually think about it and give me a genuine reply?

(and temper temper)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It seems to me feminism should be a philosophy of gender equality, and a feminazi is a radical feminist, who has excluded other philosophies to put this one in primary concentration.
regards,
tetra

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
But what people also seem to forget is that - women were usually and historically less equal and less free than even unequal and not-free men

What people seem to forget is that women have always been participants in those cultures. That a lot of things we look at from our vantage point now and wouldn't support had REASONS for being done the way they were at the time and that women were a part of that culture and decision making for it being structured.

Let's put it another way: Imagine we have a social meltdown. Tell me what sort of men women are going to flock toward? It won't be hipsters.

Do you really think most men disliked the women they were choosing to marry and court? Does it really not occur to you that some of those social patterns were in place for practical reasons that most people living in this current environment have never once had to experience?

Christina Hoff Sommers has done an excellent series of videos debunking a ton of the myths surrounding modern feminism. Wage gap, rape statistics, etc. She is the very definition of deny ignorance and does so in bite sized chunks while providing her sources so you can verify for yourself.

www.youtube.com...

Karen Straughan is another woman who has been working hard to break down the myths and also expose the double standards in play in the modern era of feminism in the western world.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2014:11:16 by ErgoTheAbsurd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That's not my view Les - why don't you actually think about it and give me a genuine reply?

(and temper temper)

What temper? Are you pretending to be clairvoyant again?

It might be better that you just tell me your view, and save us both some time.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjsr420
Simply because the life is growing in a woman's body, doesn't mean the male shouldn't have a choice.

Why not? Who decides what will happen to the sperm in the male's body? The male. What happens in the female body is ultimately her choice. When men can bear and birth children, then they can choose whether or not they want to.

I happen to believe that a man should have an option to release responsibility of an unplanned pregnancy. But not to force a woman to have a child she doesn't want to have. That's slavery.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

5. I am far less likely to face sexual harassment at work than my female co-workers are. (More).

7. If I’m a teen or adult, and if I can stay out of prison, my odds of being raped are relatively low. (More).

9. If I choose not to have children, my masculinity will not be called into question.

19. If my day, week or year is going badly, I need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether or not it has sexist overtones.

22. If I’m careless with my driving it won’t be attributed to my sex.

24. Even if I sleep with a lot of women, there is no chance that I will be seriously labeled a “slut,” nor is there any male counterpart to “slut-bashing.” (More).

25. I do not have to worry about the message my wardrobe sends about my sexual availability. (More).

30. I can be aggressive with no fear of being called a bitch.

33. My ability to make important decisions and my capability in general will never be questioned depending on what time of the month it is.

34. I will never be expected to change my name upon marriage or questioned if I don’t change my name.

44. Complete strangers generally do not walk up to me on the street and tell me to “smile.” (More: 1 2).

45. Sexual harassment on the street virtually never happens to me. I do not need to plot my movements through public space in order to avoid being sexually harassed, or to mitigate sexual harassment. (More.)

46. I have the privilege of being unaware of my male privilege.

I'm curious - why did you bold number 44? I ask because that happens to me all the time, and I'm a hairy old man - and here it is in bold as if it's a women-only thing. It's one of the reasons I avoid going out - I don't care to be told what to do - I'll smile if I want to, dammit, not because I'm ordered to! If I'm not smiling and giddy all the time, there's probably a reason for that...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Why not? Who decides what will happen to the sperm in the male's body? The male. What happens in the female body is ultimately her choice. When men can bear and birth children, then they can choose whether or not they want to.

I happen to believe that a man should have an option to release responsibility of an unplanned pregnancy. But not to force a woman to have a child she doesn't want to have. That's slavery.

Agreed that nobody, not a parent or partner, should be able to force a pregnancy.

It is worth making very clear western women have the legal right (privilege) to financially enslave a man for about 20 years.
edit on 2014:11:16 by ErgoTheAbsurd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join