It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a feminist, what is feminism, and what is a 'feminazi'? Do you know what they are?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: jjsr420

no, it's the woman's body.

however the man should have the right to disown the child before it's born, and be free from responsibility (child support) for it.

Philosophically, that's absolutely correct - but there are practical considerations. That disowned baby is a human being. It will probably eventually grow into an adult, and those kids will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS come hunting for daddy, after a lifetime of wondering what was wrong with them that dad could just walk away.

It's the philosophically correct choice, but the morally wrong one. I understand that some guys will not have a problem with that whatsoever, but I would. I walked through hell barefoot for my kids, and I'd do it again. In a heartbeat. I was told that I'd never be allowed to even see mine, and I fought like the devil himself to make sure that was an inaccurate statement. As it turned out, I wound up being a single dad - but I had no way of knowing that's how it was gonna go when the view was from inside the trenches, so I fought. With everything there was in me.

But yeah, some guys can walk away whistling. Then, 20 years later when junior finds out where dad moved to... I know of one case where, the instant the boy showed up (and a strapping young man he was by that time) dad immediately knew who it was, and the first words out his mouth were "are you here to kill me?"

Yeah.

He knew by then he'd made the WRONG choice. Luckily, junior didn't kill him, or even want to - but he sure as hell had some questions needing answering.

I'm not doing that to another human being if I have any choice in the matter. I'll take option B, and live off ramen noodles as long as I have to.

edit on 2014/11/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
"What is a feminist, what is feminism, and what is a 'feminazi'?"

Feminist- a person who expounds non-traditional rights for women. They believe in the empowered woman.

Feminism - a hypocritical movement.

Feminazi - a doctrine that is in its core- hypocritical.

The feminist movement went ahead and destroyed the image and role of women in America - giving them new powers, goals and responsibilities. BTW- not all women are happy about this. Many do not like working 40hrs/wk, and raising kids, and cleaning the house.

At any rate, the feminist movement, for better or worse, has changed the way women are perceived in American society.

They are total hypocrites, however... at least the official leaders of the feminist movement are. This is because they completely ignore the subservient role that the Muslim women have in America. Not a peep. Crickets chirping... which stops occasionally when a Muslim woman cries or groans under Muslim oppression. The crickets also stop chirping and wonder WTF when underaged Muslim girls are wed off- here in America, in their cultures without the local officials knowing anything about it.

If anybody ever needed freeing and liberation, it is Muslim women and girls living in America.

Way to go Feminazis. Hypocrites!

I'll bet you're out there fighting to end the oppression of women living under the fundamentalist Muslim and fundamentalist Christian thumb, aren't you? Not.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: Tangerine

Your hatred of women shines through your post like a stadium light in a sewer. Going back only to the 50's women had no protection and were treated however their husbands liked. I'm sure that's your idea of a golden age. Don't blame your personal insecurities and inadequacies on feminism.

What a ridiculous post!

I can show you laws in America, in the 1600's (Virginia specifically, but I bet I can find more if you really want them), saying that women could not be "treated however their husbands liked" - so where in the hell, what backwards cesspool of planet Earth, were you 300 years later in the 1950's?

And the "hatred of women" thing - is that all you really have if someone disagrees with you? "WAAA WAAA you hate girls!"?

That's getting old.

Maybe you ought not to be hiding your own personal insecurities and inadequacies behind the skirts of the women's movement as well.

No, I said women. Girls are female children. Rules that are not enforced are worthless.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Feminist- a person who expounds non-traditional rights for women. They believe in the empowered woman.

The feminist movement went ahead and destroyed the image and role of women in America - giving them new powers, goals and responsibilities. BTW- not all women are happy about this. Many do not like working 40hrs/wk, and raising kids, and cleaning the house.

At any rate, the feminist movement, for better or worse, has changed the way women are perceived in American society.

They are total hypocrites, however... at least the official leaders of the feminist movement are. This is because they completely ignore the subservient role that the Muslim women have in America. Not a peep. Crickets chirping... which stops occasionally when a Muslim woman cries or groans under Muslim oppression. The crickets also stop chirping and wonder WTF when underaged Muslim girls are wed off- here in America, in their cultures without the local officials knowing anything about it.

If anybody ever needed freeing and liberation, it is Muslim women and girls living in America.

I'll bet you're out there fighting to end the oppression of women living under the fundamentalist Muslim and fundamentalist Christian thumb, aren't you? Not.

If you're in the feminist movement, in NOW.... that's your job. Or at least I thought that it was.

As a Christian, I have done my part to liberate women from oppression.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

a reply to: InTheLight

eh, interesting point...

could turn that arguement around though, and ask why the woman didn't use contraception as well..

The birth control pill becomes null and void when a woman takes anti-biotics...any way, why is it the woman's responsibility?

Because she has the sole right of decision whether or not to kill. Welcome to the man's world.

Right along with rights come responsibilities. Don't try to throw the responsibilities on a man unless your willing to give him the rights that go along with them.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

eh, interesting point...

could turn that arguement around though, and ask why the woman didn't use contraception as well..

The birth control pill becomes null and void when a woman takes anti-biotics...any way, why is it the woman's responsibility?

Because she has the sole right of decision whether or not to kill. Welcome to the man's world.

Right along with rights come responsibilities. Don't try to throw the responsibilities on a man unless your willing to give him the rights that go along with them.

If a man goes into a sexual relationship only to 'hit and run' then what rights does a man expect?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That whole exchange on Muslim women is just funny as hell to me. Wanna know why? Doesn't matter - I'm gonna tell you why anyhow...

My wife is a Muslim.

I'll ask her about that whole "oppression of poor beleaguered Muslim women" thing - when she gets back in from plowing the fields and gets done fetching my pipe and slippers and whatnot. ROFLMAO!

If you folks only knew...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Your hatred of women shines through your post like a stadium light in a sewer. Going back only to the 50's women had no protection and were treated however their husbands liked. I'm sure that's your idea of a golden age. Don't blame your personal insecurities and inadequacies on feminism.

What a ridiculous post!

I can show you laws in America, in the 1600's (Virginia specifically, but I bet I can find more if you really want them), saying that women could not be "treated however their husbands liked" - so where in the hell, what backwards cesspool of planet Earth, were you 300 years later in the 1950's?

And the "hatred of women" thing - is that all you really have if someone disagrees with you? "WAAA WAAA you hate girls!"?

That's getting old.

Maybe you ought not to be hiding your own personal insecurities and inadequacies behind the skirts of the women's movement as well.

No, I said women. Girls are female children. Rules that are not enforced are worthless.

Welcome to my world - I've been screaming that the laws they're seeking are useless all throughout the thread... and you, of all people, are the first to hear!

Still nothing beyond "WAAA WAAA you hate girls!"?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: amazing
Any man against feminism, either has his head in the sand and doesn't realize there is a problem or thinks that women are second class citizens and that they should learn their place.

This is non sense, it's possible to want equality while disagreeing with the feminist approach. Many feminists go beyond arguments for female equality, and promote some very toxic views about men. I've already explained on page 11 why egalitarianism is a superior approach, so I won't repeat it, but if anyone is sticking their head in the sand, it's those who vilify criticism of an ideology that is so deeply flawed.

It's not every feminist or the whole ideology. You can be a feminist and support feminism without buying into any of the fringe stuff. I get offended by some stuff. I'm big into martial arts and self-defense training, and don't like when "some" feminists say that it's perpetuating the problem and that instead of teaching women self-defense, teach men not to rape. I get that, but disagree wholeheartedly, with that approach, yet... still support feminists and feminism.

You have to dig deeper. Most people have never heard of egalitarianism, yet they have heard of feminism.

So, just go to the root. Why would a woman be a feminist, why do women and men support feminism? Because, despite all the flaws, it's a movement that promotes equality for women. That's the root and that's the point.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If you're in the feminist movement, in NOW.... that's your job. Or at least I thought that it was.

Sweet Jesus! I've finally found a Christian that just wants to rag on Muslims!

To whomever made that claim in another thread, which I disputed - I stand corrected!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Feminism is the fight for women to be treated as equal to men.

For whatever reason, mainly religious, women had been relegated to second class citizens.

Feminists fight for feminism, or that equality that they deserve.

A feminazi is the term that the men who fear that equality use. Those men like Rush Limbaugh and many on ATS who think women should walk 10 paces behind and should be paid less for equal work. Feminazi is a disgusting term.

Any man against feminism, either has his head in the sand and doesn't realize there is a problem or thinks that women are second class citizens and that they should learn their place.

Here's a news flash for you. Women are equal to men. It's that simple.

You can get into the argument that men are better MMA fighters, professional athletes, firemen and lumberjacks becuase of our bigger size, muscle mass etc. But...that's like saying that a man who has a disability is not equal to the man that isn't. But that's not what we're talking about and you guys know it. We're talking about everything else that women can do just as good as men.

I am a woman. I have been in the workforce since 1968. I have worked in jobs traditionally held by females. I have worked in jobs traditionally held by males. I have always negotiated my pay. I've done nothing unique. Any woman could go out and do the same.
That is why I am not inclined to devote any more of my time to the idea that women in the US are not equal. We are. However, being equal means making equal efforts---like taking the time and trouble to negotiate for wages.
In the area of "harassment" and "being offended"---nobody ever promised me that I could live my life completely free of any sort of harassment or offensive people. I learned in sixth grade that people can be mean. I was 5' 8" and weighed less than 100 pounds. I heard a lot of "Hey, string bean!" and "Do you stand under a clothesline when it rains?" and lots of other taunts. Fortunately, my parents were there to comfort me and teach me to deal with adversity over which I had no control. I learned quickly that refusing to be offended bothered the culprits far more than any snide retort I could make. I refused to give them the power over me. Any woman can do that, must do that if she is to be in charge of her life.
The feminist movement would do well to show women how to empower themselves rather than depending on laws to attain justice. However, a lot of women make a ton of money by keeping the feminist movement alive, empowering women to live without them would seriously diminish those returns.

The feminazis are real, I assure you. I've met 'em. They are motivated by revenge on men for the past. They are living in the 1940s, absolutely intolerant of any view outside their narrow path. They make Christian fundamentalists look positively tolerant! They are absolutely no fun at all---no fun to work with---and their idea of social fun is to sit around and bash men and rehash all the past wrongs done to women. I actually feel sorry for them because they are veritable social outcasts due to their nasty attitudes. Now please understand me, this is not some observation made in passing---this is the result of having lived and worked with five such women for a six week period. Absolutely the longest six weeks of my life.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

eh, interesting point...

If a man goes into a sexual relationship only to 'hit and run' then what rights does a man expect?

Am I in the wrong thread? isn't this the one about equality between genders?

Equal rights, of course!

He ain't hittin' and gittin' all by his lonesome - not if he's doing it right, anyhow. Takes two to tango - but only one to kill it off or bring paternity suit.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

What a ridiculous post!

That's getting old.

Welcome to my world - I've been screaming that the laws they're seeking are useless all throughout the thread... and you, of all people, are the first to hear!

And I said laws are "tools" that can be used.

They don't do anything on their own.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: MarkJS

I didn't know raising the kids and cleaning was all woman's work.

Only if you want it done correctly!

Or you can hire someone who knows what they're doing to raise kids and clean, but 98% of those jobs are held by women also.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

I was 5' 8" and weighed less than 100 pounds. I heard a lot of "Hey, string bean!" and "Do you stand under a clothesline when it rains?" and lots of other taunts.

Same here. I was 6'2" and all of 120 lbs. I heard all of that - but I bet I heard one you didn't. "Hey! If you stand sideways and stick your tongue out, it'd look like yer zipper was open!"

Sexist assholes!

Fortunately, my parents were there to comfort me and teach me to deal with adversity over which I had no control. I learned quickly that refusing to be offended bothered the culprits far more than any snide retort I could make. I refused to give them the power over me. Any woman can do that, must do that if she is to be in charge of her life.
The feminist movement would do well to show women how to empower themselves rather than depending on laws to attain justice. However, a lot of women make a ton of money by keeping the feminist movement alive, empowering women to live without them would seriously diminish those returns.

But that is the ONLY thing that will ultimately work with a lasting effect. You want that life? Take charge of it! Power comes from within - never from without. That external sort is always going to be subject to revocation or just plain power failure, and worse, leaves one in debt to someone else.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't think that is a good definition. I agree with that statement, but I'm not a feminist. I'm not going to play semantics, but will explain that words have certain connotations that change a words practical application in everyday usage. Also, that is an all around poor definition that most would not agree truly captures the meaning of the term. That's what wikipedia will give you though, at least when one takes the only the first sentence. All due respect to your opinion, but I think the message is a tad silly.
edit on 18-11-2014 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What a ridiculous post!

That's getting old.

And I said laws are "tools" that can be used.

They don't do anything on their own.

Nope, they surely don't.

So why wait on someone else to start the car, or fix it when it breaks?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
He's a new annoying example of what happens when you indoctrinate entitled people with the anti-patriarchy doctrine.

Feminists decided men only sit with their legs open because of their privilege and need to look macho. It couldn't possibly be because we something between our legs that gets REALLY uncomfortable when smashed. Noooo it's only because we have an inherent desire to make women bow to THE PATRIARCHY!!!!.
mic.com...

I've never once in my life sat down and thought "Gee, i hope this looks macho" or "I hope this postures exudes my male privilege" nope, sorry, my legs naturally fall in an open position because there is something between them, please stop oppressing my testicles!

edit on Novpm08pm302014-11-18T20:33:42-06:0008America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sweet Jesus! I've finally found a Christian that just wants to rag on Muslims!

To whomever made that claim in another thread, which I disputed - I stand corrected!

If by ragging on them I want to see Muslim women:
-not be treated like second class citizens - in the US which is supposedly so modern.
-not have children wedded off in secret in America
and if I want to see NOW and any, all feminists have the guts to address these issues in America (whose job I thought it was to do)...

Then you're right. I'm ragging on Muslims.
edit on 18/11/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Do you have a problem with fact?

Of course not. I love nacho cheese.

ELIZA programs on the other hand...

originally posted by: diggindirt
I am a woman. I have been in the workforce since 1968.

You seem to be confused. Annee actually lived it.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join