It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a feminist, what is feminism, and what is a 'feminazi'? Do you know what they are?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That wasn't actually my quote.. I was trying to reply to that same thing though, as someone posted it to me as though I was in opposition to the idea.... blah...
See my post at the top of page 19..

And, I understand your point..

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

I don't think you read my original post correctly, my daughter was born in 2008. So that would make it 6 years ago that I was subject to sexual discrimination at work.

It wasn't because of your gender. If a man could get pregnant he would have gone through the same exact thing.

When men do have a life event that is likely to disrupt their attendance at work, they go through the exact same thing. The company evaluating whether it's reasonable to keep them there or seek a replacement. Sometimes they allow a leave of absence, sometimes they don't.

I'm curious. What was the job? What were they concerned about? What was the outcome?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: defuntion

That wasn't actually my quote.. I was trying to reply to that same thing though, as someone posted it to me as though I was in opposition to the idea.... blah...
See my post at the top of page 19..

And, I understand your point..

Gotcha. Fixed it.

Took your name off.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
It's not actually genders being equal.

It's equal rights. Equal opportunity, equal pay for equal work, etc.

Which you have.

You also have additional incentives designed specifically for women encourage more to go into certain fields, attend college, etc.

Why are men so woefully underrepresented in Human Resources departments? Doesn't it seem a bit odd that men are not being equally represented by the department that is supposed to guide the policies? Why is that happening?
edit on 2014:11:18 by ErgoTheAbsurd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErgoTheAbsurd

Which you have.

You also have additional incentives designed specifically to encourage more women to go into certain fields, attend college, etc.

Why are men so woefully underrepresented in Human Resources departments? Doesn't it seem a bit odd that men are not being equally represented by the department that is supposed to guide the policies? Why is that happening?

It's primarily due to social conventions of gender. Men who work in stereotypically female fields are ridiculed just like women who work in stereotypically male forms are ridiculed.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Which you have.

You also have additional incentives designed specifically to encourage more women to go into certain fields, attend college, etc.

As I've said, I am almost 70. I personally lived the woman's rights evolvement.

And NO, we are not there yet. Anyone who thinks women have full equality as of this date are delusional.

We do now have the "tool of law" that can be used if an injustice occurs or is threatened.

However, as I've stated many times, "Culture is the hardest thing to change". Both genders still are victims of social/cultural expectations and gender stigma.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Feminism is a social movement and philosophy that was promoted by the powers that be with the goal of destroying the family, destabilizing society, and ultimately contributing to all being dependent on the government/corporation combine. The movement was developed by exaggerating some legitimate social inequalities, and gradually polarizing men and women utilizing a massive media blitz along with re education of children through the school system. We now have the worst relationships between men and women in recorded history. Other cultures are shocked and dismayed by at what they see in our country and want no part of our ideas on "social progress". Most average women have not benefited much by the movement. They are working harder, protected less, and are gradually being treated more like men. Some even being brutalized in "cool politically correct" jobs as prison guards, prize fighters, and combat soldiers. Feninatzis are mostly malcontents projecting the anger of their own frustrations through the movement, or younger women who are fully conditioned, fanatical, and don't even suspect that better models for society exist.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ErgoTheAbsurd

But men can't get pregnant which is what makes it gender discrimination.
They said I would need to take too much time off work, which was funny because the man they bought onto the team to replace me had 6 weeks off work during my pregnancy, I had 3 days due to the flu.
It never happened because I wised up and called my hr department, what they were trying to do is illegal. But it's disgusting they thought it was ok.
I work in a call centre.
edit on 18-11-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: skeptikal1

Don't agree with a thing you've said.
Those women who go into roles such as the armed forces or prison guards, boxing etc, do so out of choice.
Women work more not just because of choice but because it's economically very difficult to only have one person working and raise a family.
could you give an example of a better social model?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ErgoTheAbsurd

WilsonWilson is, I think, in the UK. I don't know if the have an equivalent to the "family and Medical leave Act" there to protect them from such things.

When my ex wife got sick, the company would have fired and replaced me if they could have, because of the time off I had to take to take care of her. They were a bit put out that they couldn't do that.

I'm sure that, had I been a pregnant woman, the laws already in place would have meant nothing to them, and they would have fired me anyhow, since the have it in for women, and us guys are golden... - that's sarcasm. It doesn't do well in print.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Which you have.

It's primarily due to social conventions of gender. Men who work in stereotypically female fields are ridiculed just like women who work in stereotypically male forms are ridiculed.

That's impossible. We're men. No one is allowed to pick on us equally.

Excuse me - I have to go adjust my slip.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Well, first of all, women do not work in the formerly mentioned jobs because of "free choice", but because of subtle and pervasive social conditioning and rewards for one choice over another. Secondly women's very difficulties with having to support a family alone has been created by the very social movement they think they believe in. Women's dislike and lack of sympathy for men and their attempts to force their mates into "house husband" roles, competitiveness, and/or constant threats of divorce or arrest have made it almost impossible for "modern"women to hold onto a man for long. Most of the younger men today don't trust women at all, and immigrant women from less anti male cultures are making a big inroad into potential husbands. Finally, there have been many cultures historically where men and women had different but equally important complimentary roles based on the actual differences between the sexes and the different benefits they have to offer society. Sadly the feminist movement has been at the forefront of attempts to homogenize the sexes into one unisex with little attractiveness to each other, and ultimately, undproductive to society.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Because of newer laws, you can't fire a woman just for being pregnant. You could before there was a law.

Heck, when I first interviewed for a job ---- they flat out asked if I was planning on getting pregnant.

However, if it interferes with her doing her job --- she could get fired, laid off, or put on leave.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: skeptikal1

Feminism is a social movement and philosophy that was promoted by the powers that be with the goal of destroying the family, destabilizing society, and ultimately contributing to all being dependent on the government/corporation combine. The movement was developed by exaggerating some legitimate social inequalities, and gradually polarizing men and women utilizing a massive media blitz along with re education of children through the school system. We now have the worst relationships between men and women in recorded history. Other cultures are shocked and dismayed by at what they see in our country and want no part of our ideas on "social progress". Most average women have not benefited much by the movement. They are working harder, protected less, and are gradually being treated more like men. Some even being brutalized in "cool politically correct" jobs as prison guards, prize fighters, and combat soldiers. Feninatzis are mostly malcontents projecting the anger of their own frustrations through the movement, or younger women who are fully conditioned, fanatical, and don't even suspect that better models for society exist.

Your hatred of women shines through your post like a stadium light in a sewer. Going back only to the 50's women had no protection and were treated however their husbands liked. I'm sure that's your idea of a golden age. Don't blame your personal insecurities and inadequacies on feminism.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: metamagic
I am a male and a feminist. A feminist is someone who works for the day when a person's gender is of no more social significance than the color of their eyes.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skeptikal1

Feminism is a social movement and philosophy that was promoted by the powers that be with the goal of destroying the family, destabilizing society, and ultimately contributing to all being dependent on the government/corporation combine.

What a crock!

Men waged war. Men went off to fight war leaving women home to take care of everything.

Women were forced to become independent and take care of everything. Even leaving the home for work to feed their families.

If you're gonna blame someone, blame the War Mongers --- who are predominately men.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Example of the disparity: "Donglegate".

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Men waged war. Men went off to fight war leaving women home to take care of everything.

Women were forced to become independent and take care of everything. Even leaving the home for work to feed their families.

How dare they run out on their families?!
It's not like military families get paid and etc while their loved one is away or anything!
And all because war is such a loved and fun activity for soldiers......

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

How dare they run out on their families?!
It's not like military families get paid and etc while their loved one is away or anything!
And all because war is such a loved and fun activity for soldiers......

Reality sucks, doesn't it?

FACT -- whether you like it or not. Women were left to take care of everything. They did. And they became independent doing it.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Reality sucks, doesn't it?

Mmm... I'm sure you have your reasons.

I wish you the best in getting whatever it was you were promised.

/salute and thank you to everyone for the revealing discussions!

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join