It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio Recording possible EVP?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what my S.O. has captured on his little voice recorder.

The recorder is a little hand held device (Sony Digital no card slot) and it was placed on a bedside table in the master in the very very back of the house around 7:30 am. The house was empty and the TVs and A/C/heat units were off. We have no pets.

He was gone for approximately 37 minutes. I have made a link below to the soundcloud account that I uploaded it to.

I uploaded the original (it is 11 minutes long as this was the only part that captured anything other than JUST white noise). The original audio contains in the beginning AND at the end the sound of a Cardinal fighting with my window (I've tried to block the reflection so he would stop but, he is relentless). I deleted that in the second (filtered) version.
I also uploaded the version I attempted to "clean up" (filter) through Audacity.

I sent a copy of the original file to a local paranormal investigator as I believe he has the "hi tech" instruments needed to really clean it up.

We've written down everything we "think" we hear and welcome any comments from ATS if you are interested in listening. I don't know what I'm listening to and I don't expect anyone to waste 11 minutes of their life if they aren't truly interested. Something made these noises in my house. So, there must be a reason.

Soundcloud

Thanks for listening and any comments! Positive OR Negative

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Why was he recording ?

If he was out of the house, it makes it hard to determine what sounds may have filtered in?
Do you have a shared wall?

Am listening, it is a little hard to determine what you are hearing, maybe point out for impatient ninnies like me which time stamp should be listened to?

With EVP the paranormal researcher should know to slow it down in parts.
S and F for posting.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Well, part of the backstory is...there was a time we thought maybe someone(and by someone I mean a unknown person) was maybe secretly living in our house with us. I know crazy! Any way, the reason we thought this was there were just odd occurrences and things out of place. Security cameras were unable to detect anything out of the normal.
He and my oldest daughter have had some unsettling experiences (we play it off to the children as if nothing is strange).

He thought that since we can't capture anything on film maybe try audio.
We think that we hear something off and on the whole way through, but especially at about 2, 7, and 10:30 or so...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
dp
edit on 16-11-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
gotcha.

Just listened again, I can hear something , but cant help with what it is. I also think not having someone in the house means we cant be sure what interior and exterior natural sounds interfered.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wow. What a strange recording to come from an empty house.

Some of it to me, sounds like traffic passing by, and the recorder is picking up music from the vehicles going by the window. Do you live in a metropolis area?

The other noises, remind me of sounds I use to hear when I worked with Enochian magic and OTO when I was a teenager. Approximately 3 years from 17 years of age to 19 years of age. When I grew up, (met my husband and became pregnant), I walked away from that world, and never looked back. Even when a demonologist was interviewed on Into The Fringe Radio, I felt no compulsion to walk back into that world. But the sounds that I hear from that recording, remind me of the sounds my friends and I use to record during our ritual workings to call forth a non-human entity to communicate with, and we worked with Angels and fallen Angels and deities. Generally.

Another thought - in an attempt to first debunk before jumping to a paranormal reason... the house is not part of an apartment complex or a duplex is it? I'm just wondering if the recorder is picking up a television station through the wall from another house.

CdT

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I agree. It is good that it is empty from the standpoint that no one is there to make the noises,but on the other hand...no one is there to hear them either.
Know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I am going to research the things that you mentioned above.

The researcher that I have sent it to has sent me a couple of emails with parts of it cleaned up.
He says he has heard some things that are concderning, but we haven't gotten that far into the conversation yet.

It is a single family home. The neighbors are about 30 or 40 feet apart. The recording was made between 7am and 7:45.
There is a lake in the back. The houses are around a lake. The road is a dead end. Cul-de-sac.

Are you thinking a demon? We don't practice any sort of religious rituals really.
I have tried to debunk this also....so far I have not been able to.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Possibly. However you might want to research the land and the area to. You might have activity because you are near sacred ground or an ancient Indian burial site. There are many possibilities. However, I'd start with the land and history of the area you live in, and then move to previous owners of the house and look at the houses history. That the paranormal analyst found some things concerning on your audio recording is very interesting.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

CdT

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Could you make this downloadable?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I ran it in audacity the unaltered version, and even in the quiet sections, when you normalize it, amplify it, raise tempo and pitch, slow it down, you can hear a conversation and its not just one person, one seems dominant in this group. This was just the first 2 minutes after that loud beginning in a very quiet section.

Its quite a process, time consuming, to take it basically, minute by minute, or 2 minute blocks, and continue to tweak sections of it, but I imagine if someone had the time, they would be able to pick up what is being said more clearly. I didn't even get past that point the other night when I tried this, to the louder parts where it jumps out at you. Because I found out when doing reverse speech, that when you work on little sections and slow them down, normalize, amplify and up the pitch, ie when you slow something down that is lower, if you up the pitch you can hear it anyway. Anyway found you could get quite a bit out of a small overlooked section. You do that every minute or two, in chunks. But, it takes a long time.

This is an evp, and a group of beings.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
People often think they have to buy equipment. Out of curiosity, did buy some recording devices and unfortunately discovered it worked, because my older teens decided they wanted to be ghost busters and snuck into a bedroom and my hair stood on end when the one asked what his name was and it was a clear response. I gave them a talk on portals and hooking in, and focal points, etc. Focus is attraction.

But I had one of those longer, clearer than this, recordings that I broke down in sections done really easily without too much equipment. Computer. Internet. Found a long playing 'white noise' video on youtube, and a telsa coil one, that I made loop for sound, and then put my mike up to the speakers, turned the volume down on the layered noise, because the frequency should be there anyway, if spirit uses that to create sound. And apparently it does, nor do you have to have the volume up. And let it record on audacity. It was clearer than these devices and you could hear a variety of voices, including someone with a speech problem, saying, "its a gurl!" and then an older scottish woman. A man who said he didn't want any help. Some of the things they said were, "Are we in?" And I prayed and asked Michael and the angels and all Loving Good Family from the Highest Love and Good Creator, to assist in freeing and healing and helping these people, and a man said something about not trusting angels.

I delete those files, because it scares me and I don't want that focus point.

Even with good sound filters and cleaning things up, even when you get a gist of what is being said, you still can't prove it to those who don't want to believe, and so it only becomes your own evidence or proof.

Then you need to ask why are you doing this, are you helping them? Is it like scientific research, which does have intrinsic value in the studies of consciousness so the intent would be good and protect you from possible harm. You wouldn't be treating as a curiosity and entertainment. I had to ask why, am I going to do something with this, and if possibly just praying for them without giving them the mike or a chance to hook in, was better. Because I don't need to believe, already know this is real.

So you need to sort out intent.
edit on 17-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Heres a link to the sound filtered/normalized/compressed. Hard to hear still but it sounds like agony haha. Something talking in the background.

I didnt get the whole thing and it was just a fiddle of maybe 5 minutes.

picosong.com...
edit on 17111414 by Perceiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Perceiver

I am not sure how to do that.
If someone can tell me I would be more than happy to.

I'm not completely computer illiterate, but close.
It took me about a half hour or so to figure out the audacity program enough to do my own "editing".

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Yes, intent.
Now that we know we have "something" e are ready to help "it" move along.
The researcher has heard some things differently than we. My husband and I have heard different things as well. It is subject to perception and interpretation.
The reseaarcher believes this is some sort of residual goings on.

I believe that may be true...I believe there may be more to it or maybe there IS residual, but from what I think I hear I think there may be more. What? Don't know.

The reason initially is to try to explain some "odd" things that have been going on.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This thread by Slayer69 and Leolady is an holistic overview of reality and connects dots in ways that surprised me and answered questions on realms, on the membranes that separate densities, on what we're in and even why you can see the faces on the mountains, or in clouds. I don't believe its residual energy at all, something getting through the membranes of the density bubbles of the multiverse. This post is my euraka moment from this thread, and explains an experience I had where I was invited into nature a couple years ago, that left a lasting impression and many questions, but answered them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In most EVP's think the realm being heard from is possibly a denser one, those in need of help. But this also helps with losing fear, because suddenly the infinity and its complexity yet interconnected oneness is so profoundly wonderful that trying to clear off negative feelings associated with any relationship and how to be clear and help, that becomes the simplified way of being in the moment and of use for the good. So perhaps even my own fear based response to my own evp research was unnecessary, while one should still have good intent, but that sense of wonderment and gratitude and just be open to what Spirit is telling us within to do. I think shielding and blocking negative is still needed however. The membranes and divisions are for a reason so searching within for those answers.

edit on 17-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Editing EVP is like erasing/emphasising parts of a Rorschach inkblot to fit your subjective perception of what that random pattern resembles : editors are tampering with the evidence.

Digital editing , e.g. in Audacity, can add digital-artifacts which sound like speech , [ see (or rather hear) this ... www.freesound.org... ]

EVP does not require a paranormal mechanism ... en.wikipedia.org... , in the same way UFOs are are not necessary ET.
edit on 17-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

That is not what sound programs do. Its cleaning up what is there.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
That is not what sound programs do. Its cleaning up what is there.

The program emphasises or removes whatever the user wants to emphasise or remove , and can add artefacts in the process, some of which sound like speech. Plenty of examples EVP generated from noise on Freesound freesound.org/search/?q=EVP++pareidolia ] , no ghosts required.
edit on 17-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So. basically the "unedited" "unfiltered" version is the most accurate in terms of what I think I hear?

That would be the upload to soundcloud. That is the original directly from the recorder to the computer.

Or, is it possible that just saving it to the computer can "corrupt" it also?

Although, the saved to the computer file and the original on the voice recorder sound identical to me. (novice ears)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join