It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are who we have been

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
well given the 2 choices i say fool. no offense.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Hello Logarock!

"Well, however enlightened, advanced, educated ect we are now, we still have that 800pound gorilla in the room. Enlightenment, education, ect have never been able to stop that guy when he wants to come out and go crazy."

This 800 pound gorilla is our cousin. We share so much with this silverback. Are we more intelligent, more noble, more pleasing to the God that we worship?

It's an open question.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.

Line no. 2

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Hello again Itsnowagain, or perhaps Itsnowagainagain,

"Liberation (enlightenment) is the end of that which hopes it will get better."

I shudder at the thought of reaching the end.

I know that we shall never embrace the perfection of God,

But that is not the point.

The point is to strive to embrace the virtue of God.

That way we can serve to enhance the quality of life on this hallowed Earth.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It really does separate us, those of us whom have led productive and meaningful lives, those of us that have made a difference vs. those whom have achieved little, despite the fact that they have had the same amount of time to live and the same opportunities.

I don't really know why I am in this "programmed" reality - I feel as if I made a choice, I feel as if this life is meant to be some kind of "vacation" where I can work on myself and strive for completion.

I feel as if I have been given many "tools" to play with, one of them being the ability to delve into my past and affect my own personal "reality".

I also feel as if I have been given a "lesson" that serves to monitor my progress and notify me if I have made decisions that do not have the consequences that I had planned.

If you want to know how I have progressed, I have been exponentially developing, reaching milestones that only years ago seemed impossible or beyond belief.
edit on 16-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

Hello again Itsnowagain, or perhaps Itsnowagainagain,

"Liberation (enlightenment) is the end of that which hopes it will get better."

I shudder at the thought of reaching the end.

The individual (the one that feels separate to God) would shudder at the thought of the end of themselves.
But what if there was nothing separate (divided)? What if you are God (that there is nothing that is not God) and you are just dreaming individuality (separateness)?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot

"You are being. You are not becoming."

Are we not both? Can you honestly step into the same river twice?

I live for the promise of what may be, what should be, what I trust shall be.

Stasis is another word for death.

The individual lives for what may be and what should be. The individual is always waiting...........for next, for more, for better. The individual is 'seeking' what is not present so is suffering from a sense of lack. Would it not be preferable to not feel a sense of lack but instead be fulfilled. Right now you are full of what is but there maybe a feeling there is some thing missing - some thing is not quite right. The individual is full of hope, they long for the promised land not realizing that the kingdom is ever present.
When the individual is found to be an illusion then that is the death of the individual - but nothing really dies, just an illusion.
edit on 17-11-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join