It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunting of the Wheatland Plantation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wheatland Plantation is located off of Boyd’s Creek Highway in Sevierville, Tennessee. It is an 1820 Federal Style home that was constructed around a large geode in the basement.

There have been more than 70 murders and deaths in the house, and the battles of the Revolutionary and the Civil Wars were fought on the grounds.
It is estimated that 28 Cherokees were massacred in the Battle of Boyd’s Creek, which runs along the property. The bodies are buried in a mass grave behind the home. Beside the Native grave site are the grave sites of more than 69 African Slaves and 2 Revolutionary War soldiers.

Sounds like a great place ripe for paranormal activity, right?

Timothy Chandler's mother, owner of the estate, left it to her grandson, John, at her death because Timothy was known to drink too much. This caused a jealous rage to build inside of Timothy, and he got into a fight with his son. John killed his father by using a poker iron to stab him just below the ribs. He died as a result.

Inside the house the bloodstains of Timothy Chandler can still be seen in the parlor, and draws the attention of many paranormal investigation teams. Numerous attempts have been made to clean the blood stains off the floor, but they keep returning. Even sanding the boards down did not prevent the stains from returning.

The ghosts of the Chandler family still walk the halls of this beautiful property, which is open for tours and occasional ghost hunts.

One of those ghost hunting teams was "The Graveyard Shift", which a good friend of mine is a member. They explored the plantation a couple of years ago. I don't remember if she said they caught any evidence, or not, but I remember she was extremely excited about going there.

Visit their webpage and see pictures here:
eyewitnessparanormal.com...

Wheatlands, named after its large annual wheat crop, was established as a family farm by Revolutionary War veteran Timothy Chandler in the 1790s. Chandler’s son, John Chandler (1786–1875), inherited Wheatlands in 1819, and under his direction the plantation grew to become one of Sevier County’s largest farms, covering 3,700 acres (1,500 ha) by 1850. Chandler’s freed slaves inherited part of Wheatlands in 1875, and formed the Chandler Gap community in the hills south of the plantation.

I learned a lot of what I've told about the plantation from watching the "Ghost Stalkers" t.v. show when they visited the estate.
Watch the show from the Destination America channel here:
www.destinationamerica.com...

And here are some pictures of their visit:
www.facebook.com...

Also, here is another paranormal team investigating the area for your entertainment pleasure, the North American Paranormal Research Team.

wheatlandsplantation.org...

Wheatland's Plantation was established in 1791 by Timothy Chandler and his son John. They built their farm to be one of the largest and most famous plantations of its day. Timothy Chandler served with John Sevier at the "Battle of Kings Mountain" South Carolina in 1780. On returning home John Sevier was intrenched in the "Battle of Boyd's Creek". These Revolutionary War battles were won and help spiral John Sevier to be the First governor of both the states of Franklin and Tennessee. Wheatlands would eventually be located on the later battle field and today "Wheatlands" stands as a tribute to these early pioneers.

So much death in one location is bound to have plenty of spirits lurking about, don't you think? Sounds like the perfect place for paranormal investigators to put their equipment to good use!!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Fascinating! Going to watch the rest of the vid tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

The video of the Ghost Stalkers offers a lot of interesting history on the area, but not much evidence, other than them jumping like something touched them, or saying they felt strange and emotional.
However, the You Tube video offers a lot of evidence while communicating with the ghosts.
So, both have interesting things to offer.

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

It was indeed interesting. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Bump!

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new show, Ghost Stalkers?

Personally, I think they should carry more equipment to collect evidence. It's hard to take someone's word that they really are being touched just because they jump, you know?

I really liked the team in the other video I posted. They offered lots of evidence using different methods all through the video.

What to you guys think?

new topics

top topics

join