It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto announced plans to sue Maui, Hawaii after voteres passed a moratorium on GMO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If you took the time to actually read it, then you will find out that case also covers cross polinization and sided with Monsanto.

Why are you so quick to defend Monsanto here?

Within minutes you respond to the anti-Monsanto posts. The aware people of ATS pay attention to things like that.

Are you seriously going to try to tell us that Monsanto does not have the power to do such things(pass laws in their favor, buy judges, engage in propaganda/disinformation)?
edit on 16-11-2014 by jrod because: add

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

If you took the time to actually read it, then you will find out that case also covers cross polinization and sided with Monsanto.

No. The Bowman case had nothing to do with cross pollination

Patent exhaustion does not permit a farmer to reproduce patented seeds through planting and harvesting without the patent holder’s permission.

www.scotusblog.com...

Why are you so quick to defend Monsanto here?
I'm not actually defending Monsanto as much as trying to separate facts from fantasy.

edit on 11/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

That depends on the scale of the operation. Traditional practices don't scale up to millions of acres. But yes, Monsanto is interested in "traditional" markets as well. Working on varieties that organic farmers will want to buy. www.wired.com...

interesting link... thx for that i did not know monsanto were expanding into organic food farms...

so from that i take that monsanto are evil but not for the purpose of killing the human race...more like they are just profit driven like every other business out there...it is not their aim to destroy,they just happen to be in the growing food business so they are viewed as having a motive to destroy life.....

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

it is not their aim to destroy,they just happen to be in the growing food business so they are viewed as having a motive to destroy life.....

Not exactly. They don't grow food.
They sell seeds so that others can grow food.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

BS, you are defending Monsanto here. I do not know who you are trying to fool.

Bowman vs Monsanto does exactly that, it upheld Monsantos ability to sue farmers whose crops have been contaminated with Monsanto genetic material.

The US Supreme Court upheld biotech giant Monsanto’s claims on genetically-engineered seed patents and the company’s ability to sue farmers whose fields are inadvertently contaminated with Monsanto materials

Give up dude!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Your external source is in error. It's that fantasy stuff I was talking about.
The Bowman case did not address cross pollination. It addressed intentional replanting of Monsanto seeds. That's it.
Of course, you could show me wrong by citing the part of the decision that specifies what you claim.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

it is not their aim to destroy,they just happen to be in the growing food business so they are viewed as having a motive to destroy life.....

Not exactly. They don't grow food.
They sell seeds so that others can grow food.

and dont forget poison...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Many companies sell pesticides...to people who want to buy them.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

If you say so.

History is written by the winners and right now Monsanto is winning, however the citizens are waking up to their poisonous ways. Hopefully it is not too late.

Regardless of what you say, Monsanto still sues small family farmers out of business all over the US. That is a FACT, only those who live in a fantasy world try to deny that.
edit on 16-11-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Regardless of what you say, Monsanto still sues small family farmers out of business all over the US.

this is correct...and their reach goes much further than the U.S.......monsanto are just a by-product of an evil system...they are only a symptom of the real problem

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Regardless of what you say, Monsanto still sues small family farmers out of business all over the US. That is a FACT, only those who live in a fantasy world try to deny that.

For cross-pollination? Can you provide an example? Such lawsuits are a matter of public record, I would be interested in seeing some of them. Or are you talking about people replanting seeds? Like the Bowman case?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Watch the documentary Food Inc..

Because of the cross contamination problem, and almost all seeds being compromised by Monsanto genetic markers, farmers can no longer store seeds for next years crop without fear of being sued by Monsanto. Not just the US, but Canada as well. Mexico is a bit too wild for Monsanto to effectively use the court tactics there, but they have been trying.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Because of the cross contamination problem, and almost all seeds being compromised by Monsanto genetic markers, farmers can no longer store seeds for next years crop without fear of being sued by Monsanto.

Gosh, so no farmers are replanting.

Like I said, can you provide an example of anyone having been sued in such a case? You know that Monsanto has explicitly stated that they will not bring action in cases of cross pollination?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

A lot of land will go fallow and a lot of people will lose their jobs. Because of fear and ignorance.

What fear and ignorance are you talking about?
- Everyone knows GMO is bad for plants, animals and humans.
-Everyone knows GMO's need to be banned and Monsanto shut down.
- It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that anything that messes with the RNA of plants, animals and humans is wrong.

They could use the land for Aquaponic Food Farms instead of GMO.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward
a reply to: Sabiduria

The basic freedom of speech includes the right to remain silent. Its every companies right to decline to write "GMO" on their product. If consumers don't like it they can buy the products that say "GMO-free" on their products. Problem solved, without any government involvement. And if you want companies to pay a living wage you can buy fair wage products. Problem solved, without groveling at the feet of any politician. Its disappointing people want to use force to have people speak to their preferences about a range of topics without so much as considering that the problem can be resolved in a civilized way.

The basic freedom of speech includes the right to remain silent, that is true but remaining silent will be used against you.

The more important point to the GMO issue is that it is terrible for you & messes with your RNA. That's why we want labels, so we don't eat products that will mess with our RNA. Even if you don't eat GMO products, there is a chance the animal you are eating was fed GMO and it's RNA gets messed up. Then it starts to mess with your RNA, even though you didn't actually eat a GMO product, just something fed it.

Its disappointing people want to use force to have people speak to their preferences about a range of topics without so much as considering that the problem can be resolved in a civilized way.

Did I say anything about force? I said demand a change and demand it a local level.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Seriously, what does safe mean? Really!?! How about safe means not messing with your RNA. How about safe means not causing infertility/sterility/death in mice. How about safe means not causing gastric issues like Leaky Gut, Crohn's.

I mean come on now, it is common knowledge how unsafe GMO is.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Still better than the U.S where the citizens who vote for their president are just wasting their time because their vote doesn't determine the outcome at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The US Supreme Court sided with Monsanto pretty much saying the offspring from the cross polinization of neighboring farms was Monsanto property.

No, the SCOTUS did not say anything like that.

Way to read my main post. *roll eyes* Your ignorance and choice to remain so, flabbergasts me for someone people say is so intelligent.

The US Supreme Court upheld biotech giant Monsanto’s claims on genetically-engineered seed patents and the company’s ability to sue farmers whose fields are inadvertently contaminated with Monsanto materials.

Supreme Court hands Monsanto victory over farmers on GMO seed patents, ability to sue

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Bill and Linda Gates are big in Monsanto, because they believe in GMO making the world a better place. Its a shame that even with that believe they dont question the agressive "business decisions" taken by this special Corporation.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Within minutes you respond to the anti-Monsanto posts. The aware people of ATS pay attention to things like that.

You hit the nail on the head.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join