It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tsu - Replacing Facebook How long will it take to shut down Face Book? They Pay You To Post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
www.tsu.co...

Came across this new website tsu (pronounced sue) pays for content you post. Shares the generated revenue with the users.

FAQ What is tsū? tsū is a free social network and payment platform that shares up to 90% of revenues with its users. (tsū is pronounced ‘Sue’) How is tsū different? 1. Ownership - We believe in real ownership, which only exists when users own the rights to their content and the economics that come with it. Users should be compensated for their likeness, image and content. It’s simple and it’s the right thing to do.

So I ask ATS, how long can FB last and what do you think about it?
edit on 15-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
unless they are plastering the pages with ads, i have questions as to the revenue they are creating. Also is like here on ATS, of you create something and post it, it becomes the property of ATS, and they don't pay for for it.

Skeptical.

Edit: Looks like a pyramid scheme to lure in others. I doubt they will last long or even turn a profit.
edit on 11/15/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: donlashway

Nice idea!
Share the generated revenue amongst its users-You could be right,watch what happens to facebooks share price if this takes off in a big way.

This could be a great way to help poorer areas of the world-the people in those areas could make a "group" which shares the revenue between them(as long as they have internet of course).

Even really poor parts of the world have interesting people/places/wildlife etc,and for them to get some money for sharing their part of the world with the internet seems a good way to help them get enough money for clean water/food/houses etc.

I hope it works out that way.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sounds like data mining with incentive...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
Also is like here on ATS, of you create something and post it, it becomes the property of ATS

Not true. You simply give us license to use what you post. Here on ATS, what you create is still yours.

TSU.co is seen as a pyramid scheme. Well-informed tech people are staying far away.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ahh ok, In that case, You've Got Mail!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
They don't pay me to watch TV either. They charge me for that.

From link provided by SO…

Why can't I just give you money for a service.
I don't want ads.
I don't want you to give me ad revenue.
Just take my money and respect my privacy. Is that really so much to ask.
I will happily pay someone a yearly subscription for a simple social network that respects users privacy.
-----

User schmoozer. I remember Cable TV in its infancy, you paid to not have to view ads. It wasn't "free broad cast". Now its been completely reversed, now you pay to see the ads. The greed mongers will never relent until they tier the whole internet.

You want this or that package of channels, this or that access, this or that speed? Only the very well to do will have total access and total license to interact.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Also is like here on ATS, of you create something and post it, it becomes the property of ATS

Not true. You simply give us license to use what you post. Here on ATS, what you create is still yours.

TSU.co is seen as a pyramid scheme. Well-informed tech people are staying far away.

A pyramid scheme?
Well,there goes the helping poor people thing.
Another internet scam...Sheesh,who'd of thought?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just made an account. We'll see.
Thanks for the info

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The problem is there are no other incentives to make it a decent social(ist?) network. If they were calculating the amount of clicks your posts drew, you would need to have people be interested in reading your posts. Social networks aren't really the best place for that. Now, forums, on the other hand... that's where you get clicks for quality content.

If there were some hypothetical forum out there with a niche market (let's just say conspiracy theories), then this model would be viable as the quality of the threads themselves actually draw the clicks if coupled with some excellent SEO.

You can have the most technologically-advanced and feature-rich forum site out there with top-notch SEO but it won't draw in anybody without unique content. A site like ATS would be able to manage that and actually increase its profits while doing so but a site where the average bulk of content can be summed up with selfies, memes, and people complaining about the weather... not so much.
edit on 15-11-2014 by Cuervo because: grammar schmrammar

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I have come to realize that I owe both ATS AND my awesome ATS fambly some real debt. Y'all have informed me, entertained me and, most importantly, y'all have grown me. Whatever small contributions I have made here, I am very happy to have done so.

Having said that: SO...maybe calling it a "pyramid scheme" is a sly way for some to denigrate an idea where profits are shared. What little I've read/viewed so far about the company/concept sounds promising and has some true visionary credentials behind it.

Be assured, I'll take your advice and research before jumping on the bandwagon, but, heck, I gotta-a-lotta content just waiting to explode out of me for a kinder, gentler, business model of the future.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

You're a smart dude so I'll keep what you say in mind. I have a question though. If it works the same as facebook which I post on for free, isn't it better to post on Tsu the same as I do now but with some kind of monetary benefit? The link you provided showed a lot of back and forth...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Thanks for the info

Okay. I'll start there too, daredevil...er, early adopter.

Maybe we can compare notes?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Sure

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

how need a code
where do you get it

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
If there were some hypothetical forum out there with a niche market (let's just say conspiracy theories), then this model would be viable as the quality of the threads themselves actually draw the clicks if coupled with some excellent SEO.

You can have the most technologically-advanced and feature-rich forum site out there with top-notch SEO but it won't draw in anybody without unique content. A site like ATS would be able to manage that and actually increase its profits while doing so but a site where the average bulk of content can be summed up with selfies, memes, and people complaining about the weather... not so much.

You make some very insightful points. However, say the "Notes" section of FB as example of pushing your own brand of content. Music, conspiracy, whatever.

From what I'm getting, they are ahead of those questions and my puny example. They are all over the philosophic of the media/entertainment spectrum it seems. Receiving feedback. Did you check out the vid?

I don't think it's gonna be just family updates, selfies, and memes.

edit on 15-11-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Sounds like data mining with incentive...

As opposed to data mining with no incentive, which is what Facebook is.

If your stupid enough to give out every detail of your life I guess you might as well get paid for it.

PS. don't forget to claim the income on your taxes.

(post by donlashway removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Thanks for the info

So how did you "just made an account" when you have to be invited by another member and use their "short code" to join?

I checked into it out of curiosity and I couldn't join without being invited????

Please enlighten me what I am doing wrong.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

I used the link in the OP.

/shrug

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join