It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

no.

you posted it, endorsed it, and i posted what's wrong with it. you presented something that was factually inaccurate, and deliberately misleading.

my words were not directed at the creator of the video, they were aimed at you.

did you even read it?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

no.

you posted it, endorsed it, and i posted what's wrong with it. you presented something that was factually inaccurate, and deliberately misleading.

did you even read it?

Thanks for denying ignorance Daedalus.Those that don't take responsibility for their action should be held accountable for what they've done by addressing the perpetration.These type of threads are popping up more and more lately with the OP disappearing or denying culpability without reasoning and serving as further evidence of the lie.That is the only good that comes from it(besides exposing the lies).

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
Thanks for denying ignorance Daedalus.

it's why i'm here.

i had another point i wanted to make, but i'm gonna wait for the OP to compose a proper reply to my critique of the video he posted.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

"It is dishonest to proclaim as fact, that which is not evident. It is equally dishonest to proclaim as false, that which you refuse to make any attempts at understanding. In addition, it is dishonest to yourself, to pick and choose what you are willing to read or believe based solely on how it makes you feel inside. "

Any claims I have made in this thread I believe to be true therefore I am not being honest. Any claims the guy has made in the video are his claims, I said I hope you find the video as fascinating as I did. Fascinating doesn't mean right.

"People are expecting you to respond, on behalf of yourself. Since you posted the video here, and made it sound like you support the claims it's making."

Again you said 'made it sound like I was supporting the claims it was making'. I have responded directly to all the claims I have made. I don't have to answer for the person who made the video. If you want answers for him and his claims in HIS video then try and contact him.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

originally posted by: Daedalus

no.

did you even read it?

Thanks for denying ignorance Daedalus.Those that don't take responsibility for their action should be held accountable for what they've done by addressing the perpetration.These type of threads are popping up more and more lately with the OP disappearing or denying culpability without reasoning and serving as further evidence of the lie.That is the only good that comes from it(besides exposing the lies).

I haven't once lied or been dishonest.
Prove me wrong with a quote.

If you can't then the very least you can do is stop making false accusations. Is this going to continue until I finally ignore your ungrounded and completely fabricated claims, (Because here in the UK it is 07:22 AM, and I have been up all night on ATS, and I can't respond to your attacks all night.. oh wait I already have. It is now the next day) in which case I will go to bed and you will claim this as me having been lying all along and/or 'running' away?

What am I lying about?

I am going to bed now because I am tired and I work very hard. Besides, this discussion went stale a long time ago. It was great while it lasted. I will check back in tomorrow to see if anyone has posted anything worth responding to.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

That would be very interesting if someone could shed more light on that.

5730 years

By emitting an electron and an electron antineutrino, one of the neutrons in the carbon-14 atom decays to a proton and the carbon-14 (half-life of 5730 years) decays into the stable (non-radioactive) isotope nitrogen-14.

wiki

The oldest dates that can be reliably measured by radiocarbon dating are around 50,000 years ago, though special preparation methods occasionally permit dating of older samples.

Coal and oil began to be burned in large quantities during the 1800s. Both coal and oil are sufficiently old that they contain little detectable 14 C and, as a result, the CO 2 released substantially diluted the atmospheric mospheric 14 C/12 C ratio.

wiki

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I have responded directly to all the claims I have made.

No you have not. You have claimed multiple times evolution is a load of crap and not once addressed the subject beyond that. Other than using the Bible and your beliefs to "prove" there are lying deceitful, satanically driven conspiracies against God. So evolution must be one because the infallible word of God says everything was made in six days. (assuming you take Genesis literally)

You obviously support (endorse) the video in some way shape or form. I am not trying to hold you responsible for the content of the video. However you posted it, and agreed with it's overall message (that evolution is false). Sure you say, "Any claims the guy has made in the video are his claims, I said I hope you find the video as fascinating as I did. Fascinating doesn't mean right." but I feel that is a cop out. Perhaps you would like to clarify which arguments in the video you do or do not agree with?

I haven't once lied or been dishonest.
Prove me wrong with a quote.

I did/this thread.
edit on 11-17-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I have responded directly to all the claims I have made.

No you have not. You have claimed multiple times evolution is a load of crap and not once addressed the subject beyond that. Other than using the Bible and your beliefs to "prove" there are lying deceitful, satanically driven conspiracies against God. So evolution must be one because the infallible word of God says everything was made in six days.

You obviously supporting the video in some way shape or form. I am not trying to hold you responsible for the content of the video. However you posted it, and agreed with it's overall message (that evolution is false). Sure you say, "Any claims the guy has made in the video are his claims, I said I hope you find the video as fascinating as I did. Fascinating doesn't mean right." but I feel that is a cop out. Perhaps you would like to clarify which arguments in the video you do or do not agree with?

"No you have not. You have claimed multiple times evolution is a load of crap and not once addressed the subject beyond that. Other than using the Bible and your beliefs to "prove" there are lying deceitful, satanically driven conspiracies against God. So evolution must be one because the infallible word of God says everything was made in six days."

So me responding to you and saying that does not constitute me responding to you? That's what you're saying. Just because my response doesn't resonate with you, I didn't respond in the first place. That's exactly what you are saying.

"You obviously supporting the video in some way shape or form. I am not trying to hold you responsible for the content of the video. However you posted it, and agreed with it's overall message (that evolution is false). Sure you say, "Any claims the guy has made in the video are his claims, I said I hope you find the video as fascinating as I did. Fascinating doesn't mean right." but I feel that is a cop out. Perhaps you would like to clarify which arguments in the video you do or do not agree with?"

Yes I support that the evolution theory is a hoax. I draw this evidence from the Bible not from this video. I presented this video because it was fascinating and I knew it would spark discussion. I concluded with 'I hope you found that as fascinating as I did'

If what you are saying is true I would have ended the OP with 'and so you see, this is why evolution is a farce'. I didn't do that though. I have explained in the thread why I think evolution is a hoax. The guy in the video has explained why HE thinks evolution is a hoax.

Just because you disagree with what I am saying to be true does not mean than I am being dishonest. I believe everything I have said in this thread.

It's 07:33AM now here in England so I'm gonna have to go to bed. I will check back in tomorrow.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

The quote below is from your thread about Christian persecution. I posted it here because this is your thread about evolution. Emphasis added.

The infallible word of God written by men commanded and inspired by the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the embodiment of the Holy spirit. That was the start of the trinity of the father, the son and the holy spirit. That was the time we got another chance to be close to God.

Satan is trying to ruin that chance. This is why Christianity has been stamped out almost entirely and why evolution although entirely fraudulent as a taught science, is allowed to proliferate. Further if you look with an open mind you can see that Darwinists by nature tend to attack Christians.

Evolution theory is a work of Satan. It has no real grounding in valid science and yet it is allowed to proliferate despite multiple cases of fraud and multiple cases of cover up. Evolution theory goes entirely against the truth. We were created by God and it is an insult to God to claim otherwise. You are a perfect creation. Look at how your amazing super computer brain is reading this mass of symbols and pondering it in your head behind your high tech computer in your comfortable house in your street.

Evolution theory and The big bang theory, far from answering the major wonders of life, just lead to more and more questions. Creationism is the only thing that makes sense. It is the only thing that adds up and is logical.

Some of your claims:

1. Evolution is entirely fraudulent as a taught science.
2. Evolution has no real grounding in valid science.
3. Creationism is the only thing that is logical.

I would like to point out (again) that it is dishonest to make claims about something you don't understand, especially when you have expressed you have absolutely no desire to learn about (at the same time professing to have an open mind). Allow me to illustrate that point to you. Do you think it would be honest of me to say something like, "all Christians hate homosexuals" or "all Christians should be feared because they all believe the Old Testament laws should be followed and many of those laws are commandments to kill non believers"? Aren't those things assumptions and not facts? Is it honest for me to present those as facts to people? Furthermore is it honest of me to continue doing so, even after the error in logic is made clear to me? How honest would it be for me to not even bother to listen to what the Christians have to say about it and still go around toting those statements as facts? Suppose I start making assumptions about you, then spreading those assumptions as facts. Is that honest? Hopefully you can understand how you are being dishonest now.

You have made some claims I would like you to demonstrate. In order to even hope to achieve the first two, you will first have to have an understanding of the theory of evolution. You will need to provide evidence to support your claims that evolution is entirely fraudulent and has no grounding in valid science. Debunk evolution for us.

Next I would like you to demonstrate your evidence for creationism. If this is the most logical you should have no issues putting together some sort of presentation for us to read and look at. There should be sound science behind these claims that would back up the Bible.

Please be sure to cite your sources, Biblical and otherwise. Don't let that "sense of dread" stop you. If your claims are accurate you should have no problem having them challenged, and proving them correct.

I'm not concerned with whether or not you change your opinion. You don't have to believe in evolution. Just don't go around making ignorant claims that misrepresent it and make you look foolish. Make some attempt to actually understand what you don't believe and why.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I presented this video because it was fascinating and I knew it would spark discussion.

yet, when i point out everything wrong with the video and it's assertions, rather than discuss(which you claimed just here, was the intended purpose of posting the damned thing), you choose to play dumb, cop out of having an honest discussion, and basically run away, by way of just not addressing it...

it's obvious that you agree with the views expressed in the video, and it's obvious you were looking for the thread to get attention, as evidenced by it's sensational title...so why not have a discussion?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I'm not concerned with whether or not you change your opinion. You don't have to believe in evolution. Just don't go around making ignorant claims that misrepresent it and make you look foolish. Make some attempt to actually understand what you don't believe and why.

Can you or anyone else kindly explain exactly what's wrong with the OP's understanding of evolution? Is it your assertion that species do not evolve into other species?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Can you or anyone else kindly explain exactly what's wrong with the OP's understanding of evolution?

Sure. The OP said this and had presented a fraudulent and wildly inaccurate video to support his claims.

Evolution is the greatest lie ever told. It doesn't matter if you believe in creationism or not. Evolution theory is fraudulent science. It has not been proved by any means, does not have any supporting evidence based in real science and is akin to a cult.

Watch the video for more info.

When the claims in the video have been debunked to the OP he simply says it is not his video. That is a dishonest tactic.

Is it your assertion that species do not evolve into other species?

I don't think he ever asserted such a thing. Speciation is a known part of evolution. Examples have already been given throughout the thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The OP gave every indication that he endorsed the video "The Greatest Lie Ever Told" by linking it in his initial post, and naming his thread after it. He even warns us of cognitive dissonance and expressed hope we wouldn't turn off the video at the "sense of dread" in our gut. Just like the video intro. He has given every indication that he feels this is a serious topic. After people started pointing out the errors in the video he resorted to defensive tactics.

Yes I support that the evolution theory is a hoax. I draw this evidence from the Bible not from this video. I presented this video because it was fascinating and I knew it would spark discussion. I concluded with 'I hope you found that as fascinating as I did'

If what you are saying is true I would have ended the OP with 'and so you see, this is why evolution is a farce'. I didn't do that though. I have explained in the thread why I think evolution is a hoax. The guy in the video has explained why HE thinks evolution is a hoax.

Again you said 'made it sound like I was supporting the claims it was making'. I have responded directly to all the claims I have made. I don't have to answer for the person who made the video. If you want answers for him and his claims in HIS video then try and contact him.

So I asked:

Perhaps you would like to clarify which arguments in the video you do or do not agree with?

We have yet to see his response to this inquiry, though it seems to have been ignored or forgotten.

He makes claims out evolution being a lie but offers up no evidence to support those claims.

Evolution is the greatest lie ever told. It doesn't matter if you believe in creationism or not. Evolution theory is fraudulent science. It has not been proved by any means, does not have any supporting evidence based in real science and is akin to a cult.

Watch the video for more info.

Except wait a minute, he just cited the video! Further evidence he endorses the content within and does not fully (if at all) understand evolution.

1. Your opinion that the video is riddled with deception and falsehoods relies on the false pretense that everything you have learned is true. We are beginning to realize that this is not the case.

Another statement that implies he endorses the content of the video.

Here are more statements made by the OP that demonstrate his lack of understanding about the theory of evolution.

Dogs are the same species. When any 2 of the same species mate their combined genetics equate to a new 1 of that species. It does not mean a new species has been created. That's what evolution is supposed to be. A new species of animal coming from a different species of animal.

When I say species I mean one animal evolving into another animal. Are we the same as a monkey? No. We are much different although strikingly similar.

No. Evolution has tons of suppositions and cases of fraud where evidence has been fabricated in order to fit the ideology. That's what it is, it's an ideology.

Then you have gems like these:

Is there something stopping you from actually listening to the video with an open mind rather than scoffing it off automatically based on a mere preconception?

Obviously there's the usual torrent of Richard Dawkin's cult enthusiasts who will belittle the video without even watching it. It's sad but true.

I hope you research some of this stuff I'm presenting to you.

Cognitive Dissonance is a beach.

Followed by:

Just curious if you intend to follow up on some of the links, and suggestions to further research evolution, before you come to a final opinion on the subject?

No but I appreciate the effort and I'm sure there are plenty who will have viewed them and appreciated the content. You're very composed and non confrontational for someone who subscribes to evolution. Not that I'm trying to generalize all Darwinists and not that I'm trying to bunch together Atheists and Evolutionists although the two do often go hand in hand.

I recommend you read the bible. I know this will seem hypocritical because I didn't watch the videos you posted or read all of the links you presented so I'm sorry. I literally don't have time for any of that crap any more. I'm sorry to call it crap but that's what it is.

Yeah but I KNOW it's all a fraud. I don't need to know every detail of that fraud to be able to tell you that. Many mainstream scientists who are outspoken will tell you that you're believing in a farce. Smarter people will tell you that there is real evil behind it.

Wait a minute.. Many mainstream scientists who are outspoken can show that evolution is a farce? In an earlier comment the OP said:

Do you know how many genuine scientists and archeologists have been discredited and had smear campaigns against them over disproving the theory of evolution?

Me neither. Because the documentaries that expose this sort of scandal don't make it into the mainstream and the papers or journals that record the evidence don't get peer reviewed by the scientific community.

The OP has made it clear that he has absolutely no desire to even attempt to understand the basics of evolutionary theory. He just somehow knows it's a hoax, even though he can't show any evidence to support those claims. The funny thing is, when you (Bone75) asked the question:

originally posted by: Bone75
Is it true that 100,000 years after something dies there should be no trace of carbon-14 left?

The OP actually showed interest:

That would be very interesting if someone could shed more light on that.

Because he believes something like that would lend credence to young earth creationism. So he further demonstrates only having an interest in one side, his side.

Another gem:

Why are you so intent on discrediting me even in the face of complete and utter failure?

As I have shown in this post and others, the OP is using dishonest tactics to support his views. I'm not holding my breath that he rises to the challenge in my previous post. I'm not trying to bash the OP's new found happiness in his faith but I will bash a literal interpretation of the Genesis account for the diversity of life on Earth.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Is it your assertion that species do not evolve into other species?

No, they do not. At least not in the sense that the OP believes. Obviously new species arise through the evolutionary process. But it isn't a case of one species giving birth to a completely different species like many young earth creations ignorantly believe the theory of evolution states.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Clinging to 'Duality', good-evil, black-white, is the principle cause of religion. Religions (and I do not care which one) are not divinely inspired but the construct of real and provoked fear and power mongers who exploit these feelings.

Atheists are just as baseless for their BELIEF structure. Their one grace (pun it down) is that they are at least simple to understand.

The creator, supreme being, god or gods or anything else that could actually generate this Universe is absolutely beyond our ken. If he wants to be hidden, how would anyone know? If he wanted to be known, how could anyone mistake that wish?

IMO, he/she/it, if that exists, does not measure us as being particularly important. At best, he will ignore us. I think that the objective evidence is that is our situation or there is NO god.

How will this idea negatively affect you? Will you become evil because you personally are morally weak? I am not a saint or terribly influenced and I could care less about your feelings and faith. I am profoundly agnostic and I have personal experience that indicates that this is not all there is. I do not leap to the conclusion that some paternal god has got my back just because of the weird stuff.

I only know, I do not know about the END. I also know that you have no PROOF, otherwise we would not have these ongoing disputes. Religion escapes from critical thinking because some dirt bag in a desert made up idiotic stories.

THAT'S IT, NOTHING ELSE, HALLUCINATORY RECOUNTING OF BS, ENDLESSLY REPEATED BY FOLKS FULL OF FEAR. If they stop being fearful, they will discover values that have meaning and usefulness instead of supporting further zany expositions of miracles and for many, reasons to commit genocide.

Instead of trying to convince us 'non-believers', why not re-construct the basis of your faith? The only condition is to do so without using internalized supports to the argument. Use external sources, ones that are wholly independent of your belief system. Let me know what those sources were, how you connected them together and tell me how you became an agnostic.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
Atheists are just as baseless for their BELIEF structure.

There is only one thing, and ONE thing only, that makes somebody an atheist. A lack of belief in a God. The term atheist is widely misunderstood. Absolutely no faith is involved in being an atheist. There is no belief system that is part of being an atheist. It is not a religion. It's simply the word used to describe people who don't believe in a God or Goddess because any evidence presented by those who make the claim that there is one, falls short of being proof.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You've done an excellent job of displaying the OP's lack of integrity. I've given you a star.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I know right. There are so many out there that try to redefine atheism.

Atheism/atheist is just short for "I don't believe in gods."

If those trying ever do manage to redefine or reclassify atheism we will just have to come up with some other word for "I don't believe in gods".

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I admit it was a smart lie, I mean if it was the truth everybody would probably believe.

edit on 11Mon, 17 Nov 2014 23:40:41 -0600America/Chicago14America/ChicagoMon, 17 Nov 2014 23:40:41 -0600 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I am not scared for myself. Look through my posts and you will see what I mean. I am at peace with myself. I am scared for you guys who will be caught off guard by the Anti Christ. It's serious stuff and they're gonna catch you with your pants down and most won't even notice due to the circus and bread.

So like I said you live in fear.

It matters not who or what you direct your fears or say your fears are for, its still living in fear.

You see this is where the darkness makes you see things, deceptions.

You are scared for us because we will be caught of guard?

Is it not that you are so conflicted that you wont see whats coming until its too late and this is your way of coping, telling others you know truth and are scared because they don't, even though you are clueless as to what any other members know?

I'm not obsessed I'm determined and I'm not scared I'm focused.

You just said to me you are obsessed and are scared as your determination has become an obsession and you are focused on fear.

Also I apologize for not mollycoddling your ears and sugar coating the situation but there are Christians being BEHEADED NOW. There IS an attack on Christianity ramping up and its NOT just about religious difference.

OMG really?

There is an attack on humanity, Christians are as guilty and as much victims as any other group.

I could be nice and sugar coat everything for you but the times we are living in are not nice.

Yes, because your perception is being manipulated.

Sorry you cant see through the eyes that you had as a child.

That's the bad stuff (some of it) and there is a lot more written if you read the bible.

I've read it.

Sadly that is the reality of the days we live in although it's not all bad.

Oh so its not all bad,

so maybe there is chance your end times are not around the corner?

Nah, you need the fear of the end to keep going, I used to be sick like you too.

You just need to make a choice, thats all, however the conflict raging inside of you will make choosing hard, once you take a path everything will be thrown at you change paths,

How many times have changed your path and how many more times will you?

Just keep chuggin along, its all just an experience, attempt to alter others experiences and yes you will have much conflict inside yourself.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join