It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Lie Ever Told

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
a reply to: Grimpachi

All humans have a small percentage of Neanderthal DNA. Neanderthals were not apes.

Yeah I know but that means we crossbred with them. The video proclaimed we are direct decendents of them as in we were the next evolutionary stage.

Our ancestors walked the earth alongside the Neanderthalis.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This thread has been amazing so far! Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped to keep it civil. All I can say is please read through everything at least twice. Don't just blast through with preconception glasses tainting your view. Open your mind and let the words speak their truth without any premeditated bias clouding your judgement.

This is important stuff people for we are not fighting enemies of flesh and blood but of principalities.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Just curious if you intend to follow up on some of the links, and suggestions to further research evolution, before you come to a final opinion on the subject?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I watched the first 15 minutes of the video but it was a rambling mess that hadn't really said anything by that point. I will say something about what this video and others have said. Science doesn't prove anything. Scientists would agree with you that evolution or any scientific theory isn't proven. But, a lot of things we have in life are based on theories. What we know about electricity is theory. If we were to learn something radically new about the way electricity works, the theory would be updated accordingly.

Also, just to point out. There is evidence of species today currently evolving into distinct subspecies: www.env.gov.bc.ca...

Much of the landscape of British Columbia in Canada is only 10,000 years old and so many of the species of fish in the lakes and rivers here are only recently diverged from each other as the glaciers retreated. There are many examples of genetically similar species that have only recently diverged enough to no longer breed together.

British Columbia contains a diverse and dynamic, sometimes rapidly evolving fish community. The province was almost completely covered by a layer of ice only about 10,000 years ago, during the Pleistocene Ice Ages. As the glacial ice melted and retreated, it provided opportunities for fish surviving in ice-free areas to move into new habitat. Some early colonizers became isolated from other populations by waterfall barriers as the land rose upward after the weight of the ice was removed. Since much of B.C. has been colonized for such a short period, it is often not clear what is a species, a subspecies or a distinct population. However, since relatively few freshwater species were able to move into our area before dispersal routes were cut off, much of our natural diversity occurs at the population level rather than the species level. (For example: coastal rainbow trout, Kamloops trout, Gerrard trout and steelhead are all considered the same species even though they appear very different.) We currently recognize 81 distinct Native Freshwater Fishes including species and subspecies; some have not been scientifically described and named. Four species are now extinct.

www.env.gov.bc.ca...
edit on 15-11-2014 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2014 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Tangerine

All humans have a small percentage of Neanderthal DNA. Neanderthals were not apes.

Yeah I know but that means we crossbred with them. The video proclaimed we are direct decendents of them as in we were the next evolutionary stage.

Our ancestors walked the earth alongside the Neanderthalis.

Correct. I'm definitely not defending the video.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: mOjOm

Evolution is the greatest lie ever told. It doesn't matter if you believe in creationism or not. Evolution theory is fraudulent science. It has not been proved by any means, does not have any supporting evidence based in real science and is akin to a cult.

Watch the video for more info.

Dog Breeding demonstrates evolutionary theory which is visible right here and now. It's not natural evolution but it is evolution in action. That alone is supporting evidence based in real science.

Dogs are the same species. When any 2 of the same species mate their combined genetics equate to a new 1 of that species. It does not mean a new species has been created. That's what evolution is supposed to be. A new species of animal coming from a different species of animal. Your analogy is more akin to my black father and white mother creating me than it is to the theory of evolution..

You just demonstrated that you don't have a clue what evolution is. Why isn't this remotely surprising?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

When I say species I mean one animal evolving into another animal. Are we the same as a monkey? No. We are much different although strikingly similar.

Can a monkey build an Atom bomb?

No. Not even if it was given a billion years.

Can you learn what is meant by evolution?

Same answer.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Just curious if you intend to follow up on some of the links, and suggestions to further research evolution, before you come to a final opinion on the subject?

No but I appreciate the effort and I'm sure there are plenty who will have viewed them and appreciated the content. You're very composed and non confrontational for someone who subscribes to evolution. Not that I'm trying to generalize all Darwinists and not that I'm trying to bunch together Atheists and Evolutionists although the two do often go hand in hand.

I recommend you read the bible. I know this will seem hypocritical because I didn't watch the videos you posted or read all of the links you presented so I'm sorry. I literally don't have time for any of that crap any more. I'm sorry to call it crap but that's what it is.

Also I'm sorry to say this but if you think you're 'Spiritually 'Enlightened' or you're 'Ascending through the levels of consciousness' or you are a 'Cosmonaut' or a 'Shaman' or you subscribe to the 'Collective human consciousness' idea or that you manifest your own reality to the point that you are a God or ANY of these things.. you are wrong.

Believe me I know the appeal. I used to write threads about manifesting your own reality and I used to promote the idea of 'Every faith is cool as long as we all get along'. I used to be a cosmonaut. I used to travel the depths of the universe and my own consciousness. I used to be a raving drug addict. I used to practice Chi and various forms of meditation. I used to think that if I could just enlighten myself enough I could read minds or develop telekinesis or be my own god.

This is all false. The truth of the matter is that both God and Satan can bestow powers onto you. Any paranormal powers you have acquired although very real in nature are not 'ok to play around with as long as I don't mess with anybody' they are EVIL.

We are not supposed to be able to do such things and we mustn't! Do you know where all this type of Crowleyism/Babylonian/Satanic worship leads you?

To death, to destruction, to debauchery and to desecration. These are the works of Satan. Lucifer comes as the Angel of light and he may tickle your ear and help you get on in life a bit to draw you in but let me tell you, as soon as he's got his claws in it is very hard to shake him off.

The longer you expose yourself to this other world the more at risk you are to losing your soul forever. Some people are beyond saving and the bible tells us this. But there are plenty of people who are simply mislead and misguided. Satan is the great deceiver and one of the biggest accomplishments of Satan was to convince the world he doesn't exist. People deny his existence even when staring directly into the face of this evil.

All this Illuminati stuff is Lucifarian and satanic. Anyone with half a brain cell knows that. The elite know Satan is a real being and they align themselves with him. Satan runs the world through these evil politicians who are a different species than us. Normal people can't sanction the genocide of entire cultures.

Normal people don't partake in human sacrifice and the worship of Satan. Evil people do. Evil is not a human emotion, it is a spiritual phenomenon.

For we are not fighting enemies of flesh and blood but of principalities.

When you research this new world order stuff you are staring the devil straight in the eyes. When you buy into anything other than the one true way to god then he has won.. and you have lost.

Bearing in mind what I just said, it is NEVER too late to save your soul and align yourself with the one true God. God loves all of his children. God can see past the moral wiring of your brain and he can see the good in your soul. He doesn't want to lose you to darkness and you don't have to be trapped in this cycle of evil! All you have to do is accept that we are all sinners unworthy of God since the garden of Eden and until we repent of our sins and face our maker we are not going to be on the 'Good guys side' when the proverbial hits the fan. If you accept that Jesus Christ died for your sins and was resurrected so that you can be closer to god then you will be saved. It's as simple as that. But that is just where the journey begins.

Pray every day.. pray for your fears and for your doubts and anxieties. Pray to God and ask him to reveal himself to you. If you really want it he will make his presence known in a way only you will perceive. Pray that he will gift you with spiritual discernment and help you shake off the shackles of your past.

Please be cautious of false prophets in the days of the end. Anyone preaching the gospel but not the word of Jesus is a FRAUD. Anyone claiming to be a god is a FRAUD. Anyone claiming to be a messenger of god but doesn't teach the one true way to God, through salvation in Jesus Christ is a FRAUD.

You will see a major war against Christians ramp up soon and far from putting you off Christianity this should further fuel that burning desire in your heart to be closer to God.

I'm sorry put it all so bluntly but it's true. This is my testament.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I literally don't have time for any of that crap any more. I'm sorry to call it crap but that's what it is.

You can't really call something crap that you don't understand or have no desire to understand. It means you don't have an informed opinion and are remaining willfully ignorant. Which is your choice of course. You seem to be a person who cares about the truth so I would think that extends to your beliefs as well. Do you not care if the things you believe in are true or not? Instead you are agreeing with things that feel good and fit nicely with your religious beliefs. But you honestly can't say you know one way or the other if you refuse to objectively view both sides. Not just in regards to evolution but anything. Like I said in a previous post: Proverbs 18:13. I think you see the point I'm trying to make.

As you may have guessed, I am not a Christian. I used to be though. Of course any number of other users of this site will disagree, and say I could never have been one. How could a real Christian ever stop being one? Well it's simple really. There are too many things in the Bible that don't stand up to scrutiny. Among other things. I am more than happy to point these things out should you take an interest. But my point is, I used to have a very similar mindset as you. However I didn't close my mind off to things. Nor do I believe in things blindly. You profess to have an open mind but are you sure you really do? You request us to view things without a bias but are you certain the bias isn't your own?

For example, some key issues with the video you posted were listed but you disregard them in favor of believing there is a hidden agenda to discredit God and certain archeological finds (you mentioned hidden archeology iirc). Ask yourself how that is keeping an open mind without bias? If your beliefs are true and accurate, then you should have no problem with challenging them objectively. In the end the choice is yours. But don't come here claiming to have an open mind caring about the truth, only to disregard anything counter to your beliefs. That's not posting information to be debated, it's preaching!

Thanks for reading. I appreciate the intentions behind your warnings.

Oh, don't worry about me believing any of the new age or ascended master type stuff. I am an atheist. You'll find many atheists were once Christians.
edit on 11-16-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

All I can say is wow. Awesome testimony there Tech. And thank you for sharing it! Sounds very similar to mine.

You have that sense of urgency also, I can tell. Feels like things are ramping up doesn't it?

Talking about proof, look at all the Christians being slaughtered and be-headed in the middle east. That is headed our way sooner than later.

Its is a pleasure to e-meet you, and you sound like someone I would like to have a cup of coffee with.

If I don't have the pleasure of meeting you on this earth, I look forward to it on that glorious day.

Keep up the good fight and thanks again for sharing that!
Steve

ETA Have you ever listened to any of Russ Dizdars stuff?
I think you would find him very interesting.
Shatterthedarkness

edit on 11 16 2014 by stosh64 because: to ad a link

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

No but I appreciate the effort and I'm sure there are plenty who will have viewed them and appreciated the content.

I feel the need to point out something that you'll ignore probably but hopefully others here will understand it and remember it in the future when you're here.

WakeUpBeer just asked you, "Just curious if you intend to follow up on some of the links, and suggestions to further research evolution, before you come to a final opinion on the subject?

To which you replied, "No but I appreciate the effort and I'm sure there are plenty who will have viewed them and appreciated the content.

Now, if we look back to your first post we'll find you intentionally wrote about Cognitive Dissonance. Which you even paraphrased as, "In layman's terms we can translate this as; if you are too scared to change your entire belief system then it doesn't matter what evidence or argument is presented, you will never face the music.

So, in conclusion you have shown beyond any doubt that Cognitive Dissonance is describing YOU. YOU openly admit that you choose to avoid looking at any other information which doesn't fit your argument. Be it out of fear or whatever I don't know. You aren't here to discuss anything. You are here simply to hear yourself speak. That is just plain rude as well as pointless. I'm sure you're aware of the ATS motto. You should try and figure out what it means since you are directly opposing it's message.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I am fairly certain large portions of Zeitgeist have been shown to be false, backed by bad scholarship. It's been a long time since I read up on the rebuttals to that film, but I thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware already.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

No. The greatest lie ever told is that Satan and God don't exist.

Ok,

when did it change from

Evolution is the greatest lie ever told.

Why would they blatantly be targeting and demonizing religion if they wanted you to believe it? Why did they stop peasants from being able to read the bible by translating it into Latin?

Why did the protestants revolt after the bible was translated into a language that the common man could understand? Why is the roman catholic church responsible for all of this (As well as the use of religion for world control)

WHY WHY WHY.

Yes you do seem very confused,

Its good to ask the questions,

You have the internet at you finger tips with many official and un-official sites that can answer your questions.

My answer is that a persons belief is more valuable to those groups and people that know the hidden secret than any material item in this world.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You do realize that is down to the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

No, many used belief as a tool of controlling the masses long before the Romans existed, long before they had an empire and much longer before they had a church.

Sometimes you just have to step back and see the bigger picture. Disinfo and Misinfo are major tools used by the elite. We know this and we can demonstrate this. There is a reason they don't want you believing in Christianity. There is a reason they molly coddle the violent forms of Islam whilst condoning attack on Christians.

Do you think it's because they care about you being duped?

I doubt it. Seeing as they spend an unlimited amount of time, money and resources pulling the wool over your eyes 24/7.

Its not the elite that don't want people to believe in Christianity, its Christians dividing themselves from the other groups and doing what the other groups are all guilty of and helping the division stay strong instead of finding common ground and some sort of unity.

The Elite have done nothing to influence my beliefs towards Christianity or any other beliefs or philosophy other than allow me to explore all at my own pace by being the elite they are and operating societies as they do where I can learn in schools or libraries or get on the net and get many perspectives on one single subject.

Much resources are spent not to pull the wool over people eyes but to capture peoples attention and keep them guessing and staying conflicted instead of making a choice and sticking to it.

If you believe in God and Christ, you are only hurting your own personal relationship with them if you feel you need defend Christianities honor and get others to believe as you do.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Bearing in mind what I just said, it is NEVER too late to save your soul and align yourself with the one true God.

Never?

I am bearing in mind what you just said and this was one sentence

Some people are beyond saving and the bible tells us this.

So does the Bible get that wrong or is your mind just rushing too fast that you cant catch your own contradictions in posting?

You will see a major war against Christians ramp up soon and far from putting you off Christianity this should further fuel that burning desire in your heart to be closer to God.

And then the true Christians might show themselves by their actions towards those that wage war against them or fail again and keep on fighting to so called good fight against evil

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

In layman's terms we can translate this as; if you are too scared to change your entire belief system then it doesn't matter what evidence or argument is presented, you will never face the music.

Does that apply to you as well?

Why does someone have to be scared in order to not change their belief system? I don't believe in religion but I find it hard to believe that every single person who does, cannot change that point of view because they're scared to. And what if they are? Why do some have to deride others when they find a system that works for them? That gives them peace? This world and this life can be very hard for some people. If those people find peace and prosperity in religion in this very topsy-turvy world, who am I to say that they're too scared to change, and say it in a way that belittles them?

And on top of that, you're using that method to try and get people to "open their minds to an alternate point of view"? Did you even run that up the flagpole first, or did you just throw it out there to see if it flies? Yes, I watched the entire video. The premise got lost in the way it was conveyed. What I took from it was, that if you don't have an open mind......you're stupid. That closed mindedness leads to intellectual stagnation. Once I got that, I didn't really care too much what the point of the video was, because I knew that the message was going to get lost in the method by which it was presented.

Do you have a mind open enough to understand that? Or will it cause you to go through "cognitive dissonance" if you try?

I truly hope that you and others like you see the irony in what you're doing. Or rather HOW you're trying to do it. I guess evolution has only gotten you to the point where that's the best you can do. But that's okay. everyone's different and everyone has a different set of circumstances that got them to where they are, so I'm not going to deride, belittle or otherwise smash you to the ground because I think I'm better than you.

This is where you are on the evolutionary ladder. You're higher up from others, yet lower than others still. This is how God made you. Wrap your head around it and try to deal with it in a way that doesn't hurt others. Yes, intelligence and open mindedness are good things. But so is treating others with respect.
edit on 16-11-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yes I often wondered that in the early years of my faith. To be honest with you I tried my very hardest NOT to 'succumb' to Christianity even though deep in my heart I knew it was true.

You know why I didn't want it to be true?

Because if you think the times we are living in now are bad.. wait till you see what's round the corner. There will come a time in the not too distant future that I will be beheaded for proclaiming my faith in Christ. This is around the same time that they will be force microchipping you.

You might laugh at that thought and when the time comes around you might even say 'Well if they were stupid enough to not let go of that belief system then they deserve to die'

The fact of the matter is no one group of people deserve to die, especially based on their belief system which is unquestionably GOOD in nature.

Jesus didn't tell people to attack gays because homosexuality is a sin and displeases God. He said 'Love thy neighbour'.

When I, your neighbour, am being lined up for slaughter will you stand up for me as I am standing up for you?

Or will you take the mark of the beast and bow down to whichever false idol proclaims ownership of you?

That's what's coming people. They are going to own you and if you don't like it they will kill you.

Deep in your heart you knew it to be true or you succumb to fear and Christ is your salvation from that fear?

If deep in your heart you knew it to be true you would not throw around the threats of things to come but pass on your love for your fellow man.

Look you might have a righteous position in your heart but you are blinded by the negativity you want warn others of.

I think or better yet experience the times we are in now and don't find them bad, yes they can be painful but is that not the test of life and a persons faith?

If you cant find beauty and light amongst all the darkness and all you can do is warn of the darkness ahead then you are already lost in that darkness.

Words are very powerful, they are used to describe our beliefs.

Your post is riddled with words of fear.

Kill, Behead, slaughter, bow down, ownership of you, wait till you see whats around the corner......

You poor soul.

I send you some much needed love to wash away the fear of end times you have or that you are obsessed about.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

No but I appreciate the effort and I'm sure there are plenty who will have viewed them and appreciated the content.

I feel the need to point out something that you'll ignore probably but hopefully others here will understand it and remember it in the future when you're here.

WakeUpBeer just asked you, "Just curious if you intend to follow up on some of the links, and suggestions to further research evolution, before you come to a final opinion on the subject?

To which you replied, "No but I appreciate the effort and I'm sure there are plenty who will have viewed them and appreciated the content.

Now, if we look back to your first post we'll find you intentionally wrote about Cognitive Dissonance. Which you even paraphrased as, "In layman's terms we can translate this as; if you are too scared to change your entire belief system then it doesn't matter what evidence or argument is presented, you will never face the music.

So, in conclusion you have shown beyond any doubt that Cognitive Dissonance is describing YOU. YOU openly admit that you choose to avoid looking at any other information which doesn't fit your argument. Be it out of fear or whatever I don't know. You aren't here to discuss anything. You are here simply to hear yourself speak. That is just plain rude as well as pointless. I'm sure you're aware of the ATS motto. You should try and figure out what it means since you are directly opposing it's message.

Yeah but I KNOW it's all a fraud. I don't need to know every detail of that fraud to be able to tell you that. Many mainstream scientists who are outspoken will tell you that you're believing in a farce. Smarter people will tell you that there is real evil behind it.

I know you guys are good at heart don't get me wrong but I don't want that evil filth infesting my ears. Evolution theory destroys the respect and fear we SHOULD have for God and replaces it with a sort of barbaric free for all where anyone can do what they want as long as 'They're not racist'.

Sorry but that's just how I see it. Evolution didn't convince me when I researched the topic years ago and that was before I was a Christian. Now I'm a Christian the truth is so blatant it's unreal.

You can think I'm ignorant or naive all you want it still doesn't change the reality of the situation.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

There are probably some parts wrong however I don't think he tried to watch it anyway. Seems he is afraid to look at anything that isn't lock step with his beliefs.

All too often I see this on ATS where people will want everyone to have an open mind to what they present yet theirs is closed.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I will agree with the OP evolution is a lie, however I do not agree with the short timeline.

Anybody that believes in creation needs to understand Genesis 1:1 covers a lot of time. It can also can mesh perfectly with science. The 6 days are not literal 24 hour periods, and are probablly not even all the same length in time. This planet is millions of years old. The fossils might not be 65 million years old because carbon dating is flawed, maybe they are 250 thousand years old, actually we don't really know, they are just old.
Young earth creationism is a field day of evolutionists and atheists alike, because it makes the believer look even more oblivious to actual science that is factual. Unlike an unproven conceptual theory.

As for it being the greatest lie, I would say it isn't, because it has only gained general acceptance in the last century.
The greatest lies were spread from the tower of Babel after God confused the languages. They have to do with false religious ideologies and dogma that actually make people want to believe in evolution rather than God. Because the lies are so out there that critical thinkers can't possibly accept them.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join