It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia outlaws ‘tempting eyes’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What I find interesting is, they are plastic surgery junkies.

They are obsessed with physical beauty, especially the face, because it's the only thing they can show in public.

Almost every woman in Iran, who can afford it, has had a nose job.

So, not being able to show their eyes would be a very big deal.

edit on 16-11-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: che33
"Omni regret the erroneous publication. There, burst in our research. Thanks Viral reviewer who spent clarity and made us aware of the inaccuracies in the news scattered in Omni and other media around the world. "
Markus Gustafsson, Editor

But, it could happen.

And probably has been suggested by some radical faction of government.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Apologies for my mistake, I should have been more specific and stated that Saudi's follow Wahhābiyyah which is a sect of Sunni Islam. Why that makes much of a difference to the message of my previous posts though I can only imagine.
ISIL/IS/ISIS or whatever they call themselves are Sunni's of a particular barbaric flavour, or do you disagree? The minority Shia's control Assad's government in Syria, or perhaps that is incorrect and I should specify Assad is in fact Alawite, which is a Shia sect?

No denial from me fella, and on topic, it is women of Islamic faith who cover their faces, I do not assume that a woman on a British street wearing the Burkha is a Hindu, Christian, or Sikh.
Saudi Arabia may be controlled with a particularly nasty interpretation of Islam, but splitting hairs over the particular sect is ridiculous when the overwhelming majority of women who cover their faces around the world are Muslim.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It also occurs in Judaism...
Among the Ultra Orthodox if I'm not mistaken.

Oh dear, clutch at straws much? A few hundred extreme Jewish women in the world compared to millions of Muslim women. Why do you seem so desperate to disassociate Islam from the hijab? Your religion has the absolute monopoly on covering women up.
edit on 9Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:12:44 -0600am12112014f44am11 by grainofsand because: Spelling typo

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheForced
It's sad when women are oppressed in a society that breeds men who can't control their erections and carnal desires.

Saudi Arabia needs to grow up and evolve.

But think about it.......... This is a sexually oppressed area, for both genders. If men are turned on by eyelashes, or an ankle, or a waistline it is because they are so unaccustomed to seeing them publicly. They haven't developed an acceptance of women because they have never been permitted to. Women work beside men in the rest of world dressed what we consider "normally", and we don't see men walking around with erections all day. And if they do, it's sure as hell not the woman's problem. We would consider the man to be essentially immature (or a teenager).

If they are so terrified that an erection is going to send them to hell, then they need to stay home until they get over themselves, and GROW UP. Growing up is a series of learning to control our emotions. Anger, and such. They will need to learn to control the behavior, and sexual response to such minor things.which they can do.

If the little boys started becoming acclimated to seeing women out of these hideous costumes, over time it wouldn't be such an issue.

This is not the fault of the women. It's the fault of the social structure. Why can't they see that? I mean, don't they have sociologists, and psychologists, and people over there who study these things?

And at some point publish studies in journals, and make the announcement "Hey, we're doing this wrong". Sigh. Ignorance.
edit on 11/16/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
And yes I'm aware that rape occurs in all countries, including my own. But again, studies show it is more an act of control and hatred than it is lust.

India has a big problem with sexual oppression and sexual assault also.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Seeing as IS have slaughtered Sunnis as well...
Including Sunni tribes by the whole for disagreeing with them...

If have to say I don't believe that they're Sunni.

You don't have to take my word for it pal, but I am Sunni.
So is my Missus & her family.
I've spoken to them and they also disagree that Wahabism is a sect of Sunni Islam.

Why do you seem so desperate to disassociate Islam from the hijab?

I'm not I was sharing the fact that Jews do this as well...
It's not just Wahabi Islamic women that covers their faces.

Sunni teaching, Quran teachings, say a woman should cover her body.
Not her face.
That's all I was saying!
& the women agree, it's not forced, it's not of the 5 Obligatory Pillars...
It's a recommendation.

My partner doesn't cover her face, nor do most Muslims.
It's mainly Wahabis.

The link I shared with you comes from a Sunni source, you'd do well to listen to Sunnis regarding the teachings of Muhammad, & not Wahabis who follow the teachings of Al Wahab...
A radical cleric.

He is not a prophet to anyone but Wahabis.

Now IS do claim to be Sunni, that I can't disagree with, but the fact that Bagdhadi is a self-proclaimed Caliph, is enough for a Sunni to know that he is not in fact a Sunni.
He was not elected by every Muslim worldwide.
Which is the proper Sunni teaching.
Shura.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs Thanks for the informative reply, I have spent a little more time reading up on sects of Islam other than Sunni & Shia and it is as wild and varied as Christianity for sure.
So, that said, do we blame Wahabi religious leaders for this oppressive call to hide 'tempting eyes' or the ruling House of Saud, or both?
Savages none the less in my opinion, while I of course accept that wider Islam is not to blame any more than Christianity can be blamed for the Westboro Babtist church, for example.

(post by Bundy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Sadly, as far as I know with Saudi Arabia...
The religious leaders are the House Of Saud...

So it's probably their ruling, if it is in fact definitively being brought into practice.
On the page before this someone did share a that its actually being denied.

With that said, it doesn't change the fact that Saudi Arabia is backwards.

I'd like to apologise for saying you were wrong & in denial, I shouldn't lose my cool when replying to members here.
That's my bad pal.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
Making women pay for the weaknesses of men is nothing new to the world.

Men who are that weak, are not men.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Witness2008
Making women pay for the weaknesses of men is nothing new to the world.

Men who are that weak, are not men.

What does that say about governments, theocracies and "kingdoms" that sanction the oppression of women?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

too bad, I hope I don't get deported.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

If they hate women so much why don't they just deport them all?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Dedicated to Saudi Arabia

edit on 17-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Love that song, first time I heard it I knew it was a classic. Now someone needs to sing it in Arabic (although how many would know who Bette Davis is, but I guess you don't have to, the song could use any name and still be effective).

Edit: Just listened and watched the vid, I'd forgotten how good and well written that song is. So I guess I'm serious: When it can be recorded in Arabic and played in all the Islamic countries, that will be a sign that the Islamic culture as a whole has finally grown up and accepted that women are actually alive, independent, and can do and say what they want to do and say.

edit on 17-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Hey no worries, apology not expected or needed. You get as much of a hard time being a Muslim as I do for not believing in any gods (perhaps more) so I understand completely.
It is good that this discussion has considered the various sects of Islam and shown similar challenges as with other religions who have thier own extreme factions.
As I said earlier, blaming Islam per se for oppression in Saudi Arabia is as ill-advised as blaming Christianity for the vile Westboro Baptist church, and frankly misleading.

edit on 9Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:01:38 -0600am01112014f38am11 by grainofsand because: Typo

(post by ladyinwaiting removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

Watch one episode of Maury any day of the week and tell me you don't think we need veils here.

...and WATCH MAURY? Whaa? That trash is so beneath my radar I wouldn't even consider it. It's garbage. I guess you haven't noticed.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Perhaps there are some one eyed women roaming the streets with an exposed cavity, that these 'men' could start fantasising about.

What is the proposed punishment for exposing tempting eyes ? is there a rating scale for the temptation factor ?

only a man-pig-dog , would be offended so dramatically by one of natures most beautiful creations.
edit on 17-11-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If you can't look at a woman and control your urges you're no better than an animal. I don't want to live in a burka
country. I like looking at women; it makes me feel good. I think you lust for women and hate them at the same time. I appreciate women as people and like them for who they are. Of course I feel a sexual attraction to them; why should that bother me? There are lots of potential sexual partners. But perhaps your misogyny shows plainly to them, and there is therefore no one for you. a reply to: deadeyedick

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join