It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia outlaws ‘tempting eyes’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Instead of laying sexual attraction all in women's laps, perhaps they should neuter all males who are driven wild with lust, and see how bad a problem it really is?

If there are then thousands of males without gonads in a few months, I'll take their views more seriously. Until then, I'd ask the leaders of SA and countries like that to call when they've caught up to the 19th century.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
I agree completely.
There is nothing in your post I disagree with.
...as I said, the hypocrisy of religion alligned with a state. In this case, Islam and Saudi Arabia, a group of powerful organised men who appear to endorse unfair rules for women as far as I see it.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's sad when women are oppressed in a society that breeds men who can't control their erections and carnal desires.

Saudi Arabia needs to grow up and evolve.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No surprise whatsoever. There are men in this world who can control their d.cks and there are those who can't. It would seem that in certain third world, tribal countries the men have not yet got control of their hormones and think all women are prime targets for their lust.

This has nothing to do with "muslims" etc it is just an unfortunate point in the history of Islam that the majority of the men of that faith still believe women are second class citizens.......although they never admit it.

This is why there are rape gangs in the west where a disproportionate number are of "asian origin". An unfortunate fact NB there are still white western rape gangs as well but the press tends to keep quiet about these.

It does not help when this behaviour becomes part of the institution of a country and we have trade with them.

We need politicians with guts to tell the leaders of these oppressive regimes to take a hike.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheForced
Brainwashing in all religious cultures is sad...

Evangelical US Christians who hate homosexual people...
Sunni Muslims who oppress women, and Shia's.

Both as lame as each other in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
No surprise whatsoever. There are men in this world who can control their d.cks and there are those who can't.

CAN'T?

WON'T

America once had (and still in the minds of some), the attitude that men are sexual creatures by nature and it's unnatural to expect them to be responsible for their sexual behavior.

It's a BULLPUCKY excuse. No matter what country or culture.

edit on 15-11-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheForced
It's sad when women are oppressed in a society that breeds men who can't control their erections and carnal desires.

Saudi Arabia needs to grow up and evolve.

Just the Saudis?

A world that turns a blind eye...

It's okay, it's their culture. These women are willing victims. It's none of our business... etc. Right?

How dare we even discuss these abuses because it could offend some groups.. Right?

ATS has advocates for women, as long as their attackers are not justified by their culture?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

There is at least 1 sect of Jews that requires its women to wear burqas. I think we forget that very few Muslims actually follow this backward thinking.

I wonder if these Wahhabi fools have ever actually read their own holy book. God/Allah created man (and we can infer woman) in His own image. By forcing women to cover their faces they are implying God made a mistake.

Funny thing is in the Muslim couples I know personally, the woman is most definitely the boss.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl
Ah interesting, thanks, I shall read more into it as a regular bloke wishing to understand the intricacies of different faith based belief systems...no matter how untasteful.

*Edit*
I consider the sect of Jews you mention with the same disdain as the Muslims (of whatever flavour) who empose gender based clothing rules on their females.
edit on 4Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:10:40 -0600pm10112014f40pm11 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Do a search for "Haredi sect." I imagine they are a pretty tiny group though.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Not a fan of this but then again, do I need to get out the picture of George Bush, Jr. Holding hands with Prince Bandar?
The evil that is the Saudi regime disguises itself in religion, but it is about control. They behead more people than any extremist organization. But look who holds hands with them? Not to mention the torture...

Then again, Bush Junior killed a lot of people when he was the governor of Texas...so maybe it's a fetish thing.

You really played the Bush card???? Really?????? Now that Sharia law is invading our own country and people laughed at Alabama's efforts to keep it at bay, here's a reminder of who is CURRENTLY POTUS! Can you tell where he stands?

Men have historically been weakened by beautiful women. Many don't want to admit their weakness. But it's okay to go around raping them.

edit on 15-11-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Whatever.
How many bin Ladens were hanging out with how many Bush's on 9/11?

Saudi nationals.

Look at the torture and the killing that happens in that country, yet we invade others for less.

Your Obama pictures are funny.

The ones of the Bush family and the Saudis are sinister.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am already confused on the Islam thing.

Any thread I have said anything bad about Muslims it seems I get lambasted, Yet this thread nobody has jumped up to apologize and defend the Muslims.

Long question short: are those people extremist or moderate?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I often defend Muslims. I will never defend these guys though. Wrong is wrong.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Now that Sharia law is invading our own country and people laughed at Alabama's efforts to keep it at bay,

Ignorant hysteria. What a shock -- Alabama.

Amish have their own laws and punishments.
Jewish sects in America have their own laws and punishments.

Sharia law affects only those of a specific religion/culture if they choose it.

None of them supersede Capital law.

edit on 15-11-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

clearly going to the extreme as the op points to is overboard. logic tells me that women are beautiful and men want them. in order to reach a solution it will take both sides. men will have too control their wanger and women will have to keep in mind how they present themselves. too far either way becomes unfairly oppressive. saying we should remove wangers is akin to saying we shoutd remove them funbags and pleasure buttons. there has to be compromise and understanding through educating ourselves to the truth on both sides.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I am already confused on the Islam thing.

Any thread I have said anything bad about Muslims it seems I get lambasted, Yet this thread nobody has jumped up to apologize and defend the Muslims.

Long question short: are those people extremist or moderate?

I don't think this is about Muslims.

It's about the Extreme Moral Police Politicians trying to suppress women even more then they already are.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbearI could reply with some really horrific pics of people murdered by Obama backed Syrians but I won't waste my time. Obama is the president NOW. Many have been killed because of his funding and his actions. But that's not what this topic is about so why did you bring a past president into it? Completely off topic..... it's about Saudi Arabia's outrageous laws against beautiful women and Saudi Arabia's male weakness as a whole. Not Bush. But since you couldn't resist a slander against Bush, I merely reminded you who the current POTUS is and where his obvious bias is.

peace

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They're just Muslims who hate each other for ideological/faith reasons, you know, Sunni's hating Shi'ites but being the ones in control of everything.
...typical lame faith based hatred.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It's not even a teaching of Islam...
To cover the face is a cultural machination.
So they're extremists.

As to your first question, pal, what's the point in lambasting people about their Islamophobic tendencies anymore.

Most of us who are Muslim, and some who just defend Islam out of educational spirit, are bored of the same old questions & answers being ignored.

So you'll likely see less and less defence of Islam, certainly from myself, I won't be wasting my time addressing such people who are unwilling to learn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join