It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creepy Masked Monkey Village of Jakarta (weird sad news from around the world)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
A fairly long article but worth a look at the link for some weird pics of monkey beggars.. It is the first time I have seen or heard about this practice however I have seen monkey's used for begging and tricks for treats and money...nothing like this though..!

In a district in East Jakarta, there is a slum by the name of South Cipinang Besar. When walking through its streets, you may get the impression that it is just another squalid slum like any other. Trash and sewerage litter the ground, it seems like everything is caked with grime and decay, and the poor are drawn to you. They shuffle towards you, sometimes displaying horrific handicaps, extending their gnarled hands towards you to beg for any money you can spare. As you work your way through this throng of disheveled, unfortunate souls, you may notice one that stands out from the rest. At first the figure’s small stature may make you think that a small child has approached to beg like all of the others.

Then you may notice that something is awry. The one who has approached does not move like a child. Its movements are somewhat odd and jerky. The dimensions of the body are also somewhat off. Then you may notice the tail and the hairy, clawed fingers. You might then realize that what you took at a distance to be a child’s face is in fact a plastic, child’s mask. As the sudden, shocking realization sets in that this is no ordinary child, others begin to work their way to you from the surrounding squallor like something out of a nightmare. Some screech imploringly, some may do a disjointed dance or backflips, but all send a shiver up your spine. You have just made the acquaintance of Kampung Monyet’s masked monkey beggars and you now know why this place is called Kampung Monyet, or “Monkey Village.”

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I hate to be that guy.

Posted here yesterday.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Figures and thanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
No problem. It's a very sad and creepy, but interesting topic non the less.

Anyway, here is a picture of a beautiful Christmas ham..........for reasons.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

hehe, thanks for linking my thread sgtHamsandwich.

a reply to: 727Sky

But yeah, this is just one of those stories that starts off quirky and kinda neat in a really creepy sorta way but then just goes downhill from there...

Honestly some of the most striking and borderline disturbing images I have ever seen.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

hehe, thanks for linking my thread sgtHamsandwich.

a reply to: 727Sky

But yeah, this is just one of those stories that starts off quirky and kinda neat in a really creepy sorta way but then just goes downhill from there...

Honestly some of the most striking and borderline disturbing images I have ever seen.

Just another example of man"kind" and our treatment of fellow species on this planet.

I wish someone would show me the way to the exit. . .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join