It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know where you sit with jihadists but tell me anyway . A mothers sad tale .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Simplistically I am a mother, a grandmother and a great grandmother

of children everyone of whom is different and none perfect .... however

their personalities are very evident, as in those who can be easily led,

those who lie to cover their backsides, and all other traits.

A mother, leads and loves, but you have to be realistic, they

are in the end their 'own person' and make their own mistakes, but as

I have said you lead and you should know who can be capable and of

what .....

In this case all four
makes me think 'she has taken her eye off the

ball somewhere'? or really had little input into their upbringing?....

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The article in the OP link doesn't say (video not working right for me) but I am too assume these men were Muslims as well as their mother?

I realize mothers won't always know what their grown children are doing but in this day and age, raising them as Muslims, she should be aware of the extremist mentality and counsel her grown children on those ideas vs. her own.

With muslims in the news everyday blowing people up and beheading and mass executions, as well as all the coverage of seemingly innocent non extremist types going to fight for ISIS, one would think you might have that discussion with your children.

I feel bad for her. But if she chose to raise her children as Muslims, she should have known this was a very possible outcome.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
She needs to get in touch with reality though, If she thinks they have done nothing wrong then she obviously doesn't know a great deal about IS..

Indeed! I bet the mother of the gunner in the Collateral Murder video thinks her son is a hero risking his life to defend America. Just as clueless, but she wants to believe the best about her son, too.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I will never feel sorry for terrorists or their family members that choose to turn a blind eye to what their relatives are involved with-only to come out later lying about/denying that they knew anything.

Why don't they simply just stop murdering innocent people?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

There you go-using logic and common sense.

Don't you understand that is racist?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Maybe these "mothers" should start keeping their legs together and stop breeding murderers.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

bring it on

I applaud your goal of trying to bring perspective to some people, but If that is your goal it would probably be better to avoid starting the thread off in a confrontational matter like that. It closes people's mind and makes them respond with more confrontation and aggression, and less able to absorb the information or idea you are trying to convey to them.

People who are "on the fence" about something might actually be open to changing their views will instantly get defensive and feel a need to justify their beliefs ruining any chance of positive change.

Please don't take this as an attack at all, just a friendly suggestion!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: Shana91aus

Maybe these "mothers" should start keeping their legs together and stop breeding murderers.

Would you say the same about western mothers producing violent oppressive police officers, military members, politicians, and big corporate folks? How does one know which mothers will produce rotten offspring and which will produce good people? Should those in the middle east just stop reproducing all together?

They are just people, FalcoFan, and the reason they act as they do is because they are scared and angry. That doesn't excuse their actions, at all, but it tells you what needs to be done to fix the problem. Showing hate and disgust for the whole group will do nothing but perpetuate the cause of this problem in the first place. It might not be easy, or pleasurable, but these people will not go away until the conditions that gave rise to these people go away.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
My god you are all demonising their mother without knowing all the facts .This is why i posted this . Thank you people for confirming that there is no chance of a real peace . I bring up the mother and you automatically suggest she has been bringing them up to cut off westerners heads . Perhaps she might actually be the worlds only moderate Muslim . SHAME

I agree that demonizing the mother is pointless here, but lets stay honest about the discussion. Nobody is saying she raised them to cut off westerner's heads, they are saying she was an absent/careless mother that didn't care to see the signs in her children.

I don't think you, me, or anyone in this thread knows if that is actually the case, but even being a poor mother doesn't mean she deserves seeing her children go off and become murderers and likely die in the process.

Don't let others get you riled up, stay calm, stay honest, and stick to your guns. Integrity and truth will win in the end if we follow those rules.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

This whole post started with a premise that the mother might have actually been unaware of her sons radicalisation . This woman's position as a Muslim wife precludes her from having the same day to day interaction with her children that many western mothers would . Did she have a choice in being a muslim wife . Maybe not but maybe she did .Its not meant to be about what she is , more of a who she is . A mother . The very idea that she was not aware of what was happening quickly morphed into the idea that she was aware . And the focus became more about her sons . As for getting riled up , i suppose i did a little but i hope not to the same degree as some of the replies did .At the end of the day there is an X in the top right hand corner of the screen and by clicking it ATS disappears for however long i want it to . Running away from what i said .Certainly not .I prefer to call it sleep .
Peace out people .
edit on 15-11-2014 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
-Removed due to being too angry about stuff.-

edit on 15-11-2014 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

Go on let it out man . Holding it is unhealthy .

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

she's been dead for a while...

Maybe tell his dad?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join