It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know where you sit with jihadists but tell me anyway . A mothers sad tale .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I agree but I don't think they will be coming back home, if they do it wont be to return to their normal lives and I still can't believe she is saying they have done nothing wrong...

from the link in the op..

Immigration Minister said while he had sympathy for the family, the men were now up opposed to Australia’s interests.

“Obviously we would seek to support the family in any way we can but we need to understand that once these young men go and join our enemies, they become our enemies," he said today

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I really dont know . Would Hitlers mom have felt sorry for the Jews .I don't know .Does the RAAF pilots moms feel sorry for the dead children . I don't know .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Your government has sympathy .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Very very good point!

All the chilling photos I have seen of kids laid out dead from being murdered by these people it just breaks my heart... Imagine how them mothers felt, those children didn't even get to live their lives, they wouldn't have even understood why it was happening.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Take the children out of the equation please . She claims she had no knowledge and if you know otherwise please tell me .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

So because my government has sympathy I should??? I think for myself I don't need my government to tell me how too think or feel.. By the way, I never even said that I didn't have sympathy at all, so stop trying to put words in my mouth and twist what im saying aye. I was saying what I thought of these sons of her's and couldn't understand how she could not have picked up signs or not known their views on ISIL. And just because the guy said he has sympathy doesn't mean he does, its his job to say that, like all the puppets in there.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

I agree but I don't think they will be coming back home, if they do it wont be to return to their normal lives and I still can't believe she is saying they have done nothing wrong...

from the link in the op..

Immigration Minister said while he had sympathy for the family, the men were now up opposed to Australia’s interests.

“Obviously we would seek to support the family in any way we can but we need to understand that once these young men go and join our enemies, they become our enemies," he said today

Yes, I thought that was the case. So this mother will never see her children again.
Thanks for posting the quote.

And she will have to live the rest of her life knowing her sons have chosen to murder and torture people.
She can't do anything , really. Besides perhaps begging them through media to stop and go to another country for refuge. But would they listen to her?

I don't think so.

edit on 15/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Shana91aus

Your government has sympathy .

That's a blanket statement from the immigration minister. The Im. minister also said that if they went to join the enemy, they were now also considered enemies.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well i guess this thread has been totally hijacked . The men that have gone to fight deserve everything they get .Lets hope that in a very short period of time that they wish they had never left this country . Free range people make this thread what you want it to be . I will go to sleep happy . Hopefully you all can to .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

IT IS NOT ABOUT ,oh forget it

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

IT IS NOT ABOUT ,oh forget it

The article was about a mother losing her sons to IS.
I believe if my reading comprehension skills are correct, hence discussing the sons too is a-okay in my book. It's related to the article, and they are related to her, no?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yep its very sad, and all over religion, its so stupid I can't even put it in too words. There is no turning back for them now though. Obviously if they felt the need to lie to her about it they don't care about her or respect her, they knew they were leaving her and would never be seeing her again, they knew what they were getting in too and still they didn't care. She needs to get in touch with reality though, If she thinks they have done nothing wrong then she obviously doesn't know a great deal about IS..

edit on 15-11-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Sorry i got the terms and conditions wrong . Silly me i thought i somehow set the direction this was heading . Yes the sons are ok .Knock yourself out .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Take the children out of the equation please . She claims she had no knowledge and if you know otherwise please tell me .

How can you take her children out of the equation?? They are the

core of the problem? They are the reason she is in the position she

is in?

And she must have been asleep or blind during their whole lives if she

didn't see and feel the effect of what the atmosphere of the belief's and

ethos and ethics in which they were being brought up .... it was after all

part of their religion??

Isn't there something in the law which says ignorance is no excuse?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

She needs to get in touch with reality though, If she thinks they have done nothing wrong then she obviously doesn't know a great deal about IS..

I agree. I was surprsied by that too. How can she think that? I understand a mother loves her children no matter what , but to say they aren't doing anything wrong.... Has she not turned on the tv, or read the news lately?
Lately, I mean the last year or so.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: TDawgRex

Oh god this is not about her SONS .

Yes it is...and her worry about them.

Can I feel sympathy for her...yes. But her sons not so much.

Projecting your feelings on a situation of another does not make for a good conversation nor debate.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

If you say you want to set the direction of the conversation and only hear what you want to hear...you've come to the wrong place. We can think for ourselves here. We don't need others to do it for us.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
To put everything aside, it is obvious that there is only one real 'winner' here. That is IS.

The family members of the four individuals must suffer their choices; the individuals themselves will also experience harsh culture shock and life changes. The family members of whom the four individuals kill will also feel grief. As will, obviously, the victims they will be enacting extreme violence on.

In the end, no one individual wins in this situation. IS will benefit through four more fighters, but everyone else will experience grief and suffering. I do feel for all families who have had to suffer as a result of IS and other terrorist organisations like it.
edit on 15-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Clearly not!! Pretty much every person with their eyes open knows what that terror group is up too and the horrendous acts they are committing I mean look at all the beheadings on the news alone, that's nothing compared to the big picture of what they are actually doing, 99% of it isn't even covered, only if westerners are being harmed or at risk is it covered here on MSM.

Yeah I totally get that aspect of it also that even if your child is a murderer you still love them no matter what and a lot of parents will even feel a need to protect them from punishment etc but to go as far as saying that they are doing nothing wrong, that just looks really bad, I realise she would say anything to get them to try return, but it sets a bad example too, and sends the wrong message.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

eletheia,

Although it would be nice to think that all parents know what their sons and daughters are doing at all times, it simply is not the case. In fact, it is abnormal for a mother to know what her son is up to at all times, since part of growing up is getting out into the world unsupervised. You also have to understand the nature of radicalisation a little bit, if you are going to start casting aspersions around about a womans ability as a mother in this situation.

When a son or daughter, of pretty much any age, does something they know to be wrong, unless they have extremely good acting skills, or have the natural chameleon traits of a psychopath, they will give away their wrong doing in subtle behaviours, unusual levels of nervousness, or anxiousness, or by uncharacteristic behaviour. A quiet child may become chatty, a brash one become quiet and reserved, when they know that they are about foul business.

But radicalisation of an individual is a factor here, and so that indicator goes out of the window, because a radicalised person does not think what they are doing is wrong! If one has been brainwashed to believe in the righteousness of ones actions, one does not have a guilty look upon their face when they are about their nefarious business, and so no one is likely to be the wiser! The brainwashing will come also, with a certain amount of instruction in successfully BSing ones friends and family, so the idea that a mother should know in the specific case of radicalised youths going off to fight on behalf of butchers and worshipers of mayhem is total bunk.

These things need to be thought about complexly, otherwise invalid statements like "A mother is the heart of the family if she doesn't know what her children are *capable* of who does? Has she closed her eyes all the years they have been growing up?" will keep cropping up, and wasting the head space of those ruminating on these matters.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join