It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Warships Poised Outside G20 Summit In Australia, Russia Backs Out Of Nuclear Security Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Uh-oh, things are unraveling fast with Russia. Putin is making his move by amping up the rhetoric and the threats against the US and NATO. Putin seems to be sending a big "f-u" to the rest of the world and he has the support of Russia. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes that make him think that now is the right time to do this............? Noe Russia wants to back out of the Nuclear treaty signed at the end of the Cold War; a treaty which was pushed by the US in order to keep Nuclear weapons out of the hands of terrorists.

Russia plans to stop cooperating with the U.S. in the effort to keep nuclear bombs out of the hands of terrorists, criminals, and rogue states, according to a report in the New York Times on Thursday. The ominous announcement came at the start of the G20 summit in Brisbane Australia, where Russian President Vladimir Putin engaged in a brazen display of military muscle-flexing.

The joint U.S.-Russia security agreement began in 1991 and was designed to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of terrorist groups such as ISIS, Al Qaeda, and other dangerous and unpredictable groups.

Putin arrived at the G20 conference Friday morning with four Russian warships stationed just off the northeastern coast of Australia. The summit’s host, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, is reportedly furious with Putin for the swaggering show of force, after Abbott had threatened to “shirtfront” Putin — that is, forcefully face him down — over the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 shootdown disaster in July.

Now the head of Russia’s nuclear operations, Sergey Kirienko, has told U.S. officials that Russia will no longer let the U.S. have a hand in insuring that Russia’s nukes won’t fall into the wrong hands.

Is a new Cold War starting? It would be a boost to the economy as well as the Russian economy. Maybe that's the end game..? What says ATS?

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It's a WHOLE lot of posturing, every side is doing it, to be honest.

Putin certainly can talk a big talk, and I have a feeling that he would not hesitate to hit hard if he was given reason.

But, this man certainly won't throw the first punch. He'll do everything possible to provoke NATO, the US, or others; but he'll never hit first.

The big question is: will the other guy (US, NATO, etc.) back down, walk away, or hit first?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Im in Brisbane where the G20 is being held,whilst Obama gave a good speech on US interests in the Pacific 3 hours ago I really wish there was a Reagan or Bush Snr in the white house,my country Australia,Holland and a few others have raised our concerns with Putin but its pretty futile we are not nuclear powers,Putin has been buying gold,conducting mass exersizes including nuclear ones,flying into peoples airspace and preparing for a war for quite some time now and the Whitehouse doesn't seem to have any response to these provoctions,emboldened I think Putin will do something nasty and in the not too distant future.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Would be a good time to deploy some weaponized Ebola and blame it on Africa and the WHO.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is the usual MSM crap.

There are two warships, not four. There are four ships but one is a supply ship and one is a tug boat.

Tony Abbott should keep his stupid mouth shut or he can show a pair and have it out with Putin. With any luck, Putin may just make him eat his words and perhaps Abbott's party can find a sensible Prime Minister from amongst their ranks. Should not be too hard.

As for two Russian warships off our coast, well, so bloody what mate. They are in international waters and have every right to be there. It is not like they can invade us. We should ask them nicely to dock and share some vodka.

Right now, I would prefer Russia's friendship over the war mongering US Government's.

Why can't we be friends with everybody.

The immortal words of the language and IQ challenged former US President "Your either with us or yu against us!"

For the supposed leader of the free world to utter those words should have had every American reaching for their second amendment rights and toss the clown out on his silly ass.

Unfortunately that did not happen.

P

edit on 15/11/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Well said!

It's not like those Russian ships just appeared and nobody knew they were coming. They'd have been tracked their entire journey, with it being quite a long one from Russian territory. And in International water too. You'd think Russia was sending an invading armada the way some people are going on about it.
Add that to the hysteria about Russian aircraft flying in European airspace, another lie as once again they have been flying in international airspace outside of any national claimed airspace and once again we see nothing more than media hyped sensationalism.

I mean, just look at what Obama has follow him around when he travels. Warships, helicopter gunships and travels in a convoy of heavily armoured vehicles full of heavily armed individuals. If even one of Putin's guards was seen carrying a gun, they'd probably spin it as a Russian invasion!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

It is all lies dear readers and members around the world......LIES. The east and the west are suffering economic downturns and need a prolonged cold war........How do you do that in today's world. It is easy to fool the idiots at the bottom into believing the other side is somehow the enemy.

Truth be told the people controlling Russia and the NATO are in fact the same. It is all a lie. Thankfully the common man because of the internet is seeing this simple fact. When this fails and it will what will be the next enemy?

When this does fail both countries will look within to find a new enemy. Fear is not working anymore.
edit on 15-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Putin's economy is starting to fall apart and he is seeking attention in his own psychologically diminished way. Ever since the Winter Olympics in Sochi I think he's had a God complex and somehow became delusional. Maybe someone slipped something into one of his drinks. I don't know but that's the way they do it in Russia. There may be an internal power struggle going on and he is trying to make some kind of statement. Sadly he's going to drag the whole world into it. He will most likely start something between now and the 2016 election.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
These are the final death throes of the Soviet Union. Putin is desperate now, all he has left is weapons and threats. He has no other cards to play. I hope he is sane enough to not cause the end of humanity in attempt to save face.

He can't stand it that nearly all major powers are doing fine except his. EU, China, US. All fine. Actually he probably killed Russia chance at becoming an economic power.
edit on 15-11-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
You don't see those two warships as war mongering?
Really?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I suggest that the Russian economy wont suffer any more than Western economies will over the coming period...everybody has serious economic problems and this is a big reason why we have so much sabre rattling going on.

The currency wars lead to trade wars lead to shooting wars. We've had currency wars for a while now. Sanctions commence trade wars between large powers, developing countries increasing trade in non-USD currency also moves the currency aspect into economic wars and while Japan is openly destroying its currency to try and help its industry to the detriment of countries like Korea and China.

Are various militaries starting to prepare for shooting wars? I'd say Russia is, and if China isn't they are naive. The US is constantly engaged in war in any case.

As for Australia, we may find ourselves in the middle of regional conflicts and as we have no real ability to project power (and limited ability to defend ourselves....our isolation is our best defence) I would think we should be keeping our mouths shut and making friends with everybody rather than trying to antagonise others. We'd be much better off positioning ourselves as a Pacific version of Switzerland, as we depend almost entirely on whichever power controls the sea lanes that facilitate our trade. It was Britain once upon a time, then the US...will it be China next (at least locally)?

I find that our politicians on all sides are naive and lightweight when it comes to international politics. We are a nobody politically speaking. The only realm in which we have any kind of influence and credibility is in financial regulation, as we got that more right than most. Aside form that let's keep our traps shut.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

If Russian ships are coming here where's the problem? British and American ships come here all the time. Surely, we are not going to let the government tell us who our friends and enemy's are, ... are we??

I once read that war is when your government tells you who your friends and enemy's are and revolution is when you work it out for yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You guys read a heck of a lot into this. As for Putin not playing with the US in regards to nuclear armaments this is interesting.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

That is so true! The US can have bases here and dock here as much as they like so why can't Russia? I have no problem with Russia but I wish all these Western Nations would stop trying too provoke them to do something that will be devastating to all of us. I swear they get off on stirring the pot and causing conflict.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

HUH?? US is doing fine? really? have you seen how bad their economy is, all their debt and every thing else there! or??? they are not doing fine, far far from it in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
You guys read a heck of a lot into this. As for Putin not playing with the US in regards to nuclear armaments this is interesting.

it seems a little like kiddies corner....you sanctioned us so we will sell our nukes to anyone we want...na na na na

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Russia seems pretty damned scrappy. However, the Pentagon really does not seem to give a sh*t. Hell, it all but blew off the Russian planes in the gulf of Mexico. If there was a reason to worry, we would see signs. Increased troop and fleet movements, increased activity near bases, sudden deployment alerts, increased lockdowns, increased number of military aircraft in the air. So far, not even rumors.

If NATO was really worried that Russia might be getting ready to start WW3, our DEFCON levels would start going up.

To be honest, I think Putin isn't really trying to fight, but blow off some steam and let the West know his grievances. He isn't an idiot or a nutjob. He does have valid concerns about his former cold war adversary surrounding his country with missile bases. Not really very neighborly of us, really.

It will blow over.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Anyone who can spot the irony in this piece ?

At G20 summit, U.S. and Europe blast Russia over Ukraine

Source

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Corrrrr Jimimy!
Here it is, the "shirtfronting" of the century. Watch the big gutsy Abbot show Putin who's boss.

I think I need a rest and a fan, that turned into one epic meeting of force. I'm sure Putin got the message and will do as he's told from now on.

Seriously, Abbot is a gutless, clueless embarrassment of a PM that we have to suffer down here with. Some people you can just see through their eyes and mannerisms and tell they are making crap up on the spot. Abbots mouth goes off before he thinks, sometimes it even fails to do both. The only other leader worth them changing too would be Turnbull, but it seems he lost all his wit and intelligence and forward thinking and has becomes another useless pleb trotting out party lines. Urgh..

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Dont blame me i voted labor .
edit on 15-11-2014 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join