It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lesson from the documentary Blackfish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I recently watched this documentary. It was very interesting in its own right but I have been wondering what we could learn from it regarding how the truth is kept from the masses. How does a small group of people at the top of the company keep the truth from, not only the public, but their own employees, intelligent, professional biologists included. This might make a good case study. And anyone you know who thinks there are no conspiracies, well, get them to watch this and and ask them if the same thing could not be happening on a bigger scale? Just look at ENRON and Fanny Mae/Freddie Mac.

Anyone interested in watching it here is a link where you can watch it till Nov 23rd
iview.abc.net.au...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Cinrad

How does a small group of people at the top of the company keep the truth from, not only the public, but their own employees, intelligent, professional biologists included.

Probably a clever and well crafted combination of blackmail and controlled Stockholm Syndrome effects.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Blackfish was a good CNN documentary, it took a compassionate view of these deep sea mammals.
Gupta's work on medical marijuana, and the role it played for children with seizure disorders was also good.
More recently, the documentary on Ayahuasca with Lisa Ling, documenting the healing effect on veterans with PTSD was really high quality television.

But you know the best thing CNN has put on the air? Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin, on new years. She exposes him as a Vanderbilt, and then she proceeds to go down on him below the view of the camera, while Anderson Cooper freaks out: This is all on camera!

"This is all on camera" is the general state of the American populous in the current NSA surveillance state and its the thing one CNN we most relate to. Everything we do. How do we react? How do we behave?

For most of us, we construct a mask. We stop being ourselves. We put pretty pictures of ourselves up on Facebook, with out happy lives. We even live masked lives in our home lest the cameras be there too. This offers absolutely nothing to anyone, that's why we do it: A form of war against the surveillance. But at the cost of our authentic being.

I don't mean to derail your thread, the secrecy documented in Blackfish is a good example of the problem with the world. But I think the solution is that we really need to learn to be our authentic selves, regardless of who is watching. We need to think of ourselves, and our perceptions, as holy - come what may, and put them out there. I think if we all did this, a lot of corruption would be shut down overnight. Peace!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It was a straight up hit piece. Garbage and Sea World is down 17%.

Sea World did not get a chance to say anything.

I'm not a fan..But, how about being fair.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Fair to whom, Seaworld, the whale or the dead employees

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Cant watch this in Canada.....pity......how about a small run down?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling You should be able to watch it here Blackfish[/u rl] or here [url=http://www.primewire.ag/watch-2741545-Blackfish-online-free]Blaackfish and pick a mirror. I just watched it. I could not stop crying, about 15 minutes in. These parks should be banned.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this and I haven't any more info than that. I haven't had time to watch the doc yet.

I do have a thought, however. Is this the reason for the recent Sea World commercials? I thought those were a bit odd. I've never seen a ad from them like that, trying to justify their practices and such, so I had wondered what the hell was going on. Seems someone had to have made a stink I just hadn't heard of it.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I watched this a while ago, although I think it had a different name when it was on UK TV.
Very depressing, the misinformation the parks give out to visitors, the poor treatment no animals, the total lack of understanding or care about how family groups work.
The poor animal was tortured and abused.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Utterly disgusting movie. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could say what I originally wrote. I'd get kicked out of the sandbox if I did.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Primeware had a lot of ads. I usually use moviezion to watch free movies, here's the link for blackfish: www.moviezion.com...

Now about the movie
This is a thought-provoking documentary on Tilikum, an Orca that has been at Sea World since 1983 and who is responsible for the death of 3 people (2 of his trainers, and 1 man who snuck into his tank). This is a film about the horrors that these animals go through being kept in captivity for our pleasure and the latest film to showcase how horrible Sea World can be for the very animals it claims to protect, oh the irony.

(post by Terry123 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join