It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Orbilus! Look! It's UNICRON!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was amused to no end on this. Any child of the 80's will know what i mean.

Philae comet:

Unicron:

I'm glad they finally found him.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppytoven

Ummm. Well it might have been slightly before my time cause I'm only 30 but let me guess.... Gundam?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Transformers: The Movie. I believe 1985-1986 Unicron was voiced by Orson Wells.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Nope not Gundam, but rather the Transformers movie. And I don't mean the Micheal Bay crap....this is the 1986 animated masterpiece....Staring such greats as Leonard Nemoy, and Orson Welles (in his last....and greatest movie roll)!

Orson Welles said about his role

"You know what I did this morning? I played the voice of a toy." He elaborated, "I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen."

WIKI
edit on 14-11-2014 by bhornbuckle75 because: Mahabone

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm thinking Rock monster from "Galaxy Quest"

Rock! Rock! Rock!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
How awesome is that? I can't believe I missed this

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Oh, a "real" cartoon_rock_face…

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Jeez, am i the only one who read the title and linked here thinking it mentioned unicorns????

Am lost, doesn`t matter.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bhornbuckle75

Nope not Gundam, but rather the Transformers movie. And I don't mean the Micheal Bay crap....this is the 1986 animated masterpiece....Staring such greats as Leonard Nemoy, and Orson Welles (in his last....and greatest movie roll)!

Orson Welles said about his role

"You know what I did this morning? I played the voice of a toy." He elaborated, "I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen."

WIKI

It took me some time to find this thread again, saw it before bed. So I saw your post which inspired me to relive my childhood, plus I never realized Orson Welles was in it.

Watching it again after quite some time I was very surprised with the quality of the graphics. Recently I've been watching some old classics including all the original Transformers cartoons and Voltron. My first impression was "damn, I don't remember those graphics being that crappy." I certainly didn't feel that way last night.

Secondly.....the storyline! Um, wow! Seeing that movie now from a MUCH different context was kind of mind blowing. Maybe it's just the Conspiracy Theorist in me but the "Matrix" lighting the "darkest hour". This Matrix is held by the Autobot's (common, useless eaters) who don't know how to use it, even though it is within them (stores the matrix is his chest).

A sentient planet eating star.....

Autobot's (in service to others)
Megaton (in service to self)
Decepticons Nephilim, etc etc.

I loved when Hotrod opened the "Matrix" to light our darkest hour and breaks to song....."YOU got the touch, YOU got the power....."

Unicorn at the end loses his head and the very next clip is his body exploding. Watch closely because its fast, a metal "shaft" ( flies towards the screen....Osiris?)

Good stuff!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppytoven
Republicans and democrats could learn a thing or two from the Decepticons and Autobots working together against Unicron

new topics

top topics

join