It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism Added to Charges Against Alleged Cop Killer Eric Frein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry if this was posted already, did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Alleged Pennsylvania cop killer Eric Frein was charged with two additional counts of terrorism after investigators found a letter to his parents declaring that only "another revolution can get us back to the liberties we once had."

The new charges — terrorism to influence the policy of government by intimidation or coercion and terrorism to affect the conduct of a government

Source

I feel like this is opening up a big can of worms. What Frein did was commit murder; he killed a man and wounded another. But to add charges of terrorism? I think this is wrong. So what, will people start being rounded up and charged as terrorists and held indefinitely every time they say they disagree with the president? Where do we draw the line, when the only reason Frein is being charged with terrorism is because he wrote about wanting a revolution?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I see now... It's only a "man made disaster" if someone NOT American does something actually terroristic. It is however terroristic if an actual American discusses a revolution.

I don't condone what the man did by any means, but tagging terrorism onto his charges? No.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Just like (according to the obama admin) any American citizen that believes that the borders should be secure is a home grown terrorist.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yeah-the guy is just a murderer if anything.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Guess that would put me in deep doodoo. I have said the same thing maybe even worse on several accounts.

As far as him being charged with that it is pure and simple over reach one has nothing to do with the other.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How many soldiers were killed at Ft. Hood by a known Muslim extremist yet they called it, "work place violence" ...

It is a weird world we live in....

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Sorry if this was posted already, did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Alleged Pennsylvania cop killer Eric Frein was charged with two additional counts of terrorism after investigators found a letter to his parents declaring that only "another revolution can get us back to the liberties we once had."

The new charges — terrorism to influence the policy of government by intimidation or coercion and terrorism to affect the conduct of a government

Source

I feel like this is opening up a big can of worms. What Frein did was commit murder; he killed a man and wounded another. But to add charges of terrorism? I think this is wrong. So what, will people start being rounded up and charged as terrorists and held indefinitely every time they say they disagree with the president? Where do we draw the line, when the only reason Frein is being charged with terrorism is because he wrote about wanting a revolution?

Any illegal action with an implied or stated anti government goal, or even anti government viewpoint among the criminals is terrorism under the current definitions. Terrorism is vaguely defined, basically every crime in the country counts as terrorism. This is one of the big problems with the Patriot Act. We specified these restrictions of rights for terrorism but then said EVERY SINGLE CRIME is terrorism unless the state decides otherwise and that distinction is made at the whim of the prosecutor. There is no universal standard.
edit on 15-11-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Hmm, so it's now terrorism to want to reclaim liberties we have lost/that have been taken by the government.

Sound logic, government.

The writers of the declaration of independence, were then, terrorists, by that logic, even though that mindset enabled the existence of the entity/government that is now decrying it. So the cycle goes.

I remember reading that a couple of years ago, that that mind/belief set is now considered terroristic.

Frightening times in which we live.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I was going to say the same EXACT thing!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
its a global epidemic, we are all about to see something horrible, and they want to be able to turn on any of us.

good luck to you guys!

good luck to us all...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

What Frein did was commit murder; he killed a man and wounded another. But to add charges of terrorism? I think this is wrong. So what, will people start being rounded up and charged as terrorists and held indefinitely every time they say they disagree with the president?

Yes. If they start shooting at people to bring about a revolution.

Where do we draw the line, when the only reason Frein is being charged with terrorism is because he wrote about wanting a revolution?

Talking about wanting a revolution and shooting people because you want a revolution are two different things. The line should be drawn at violence. When you commit an act of violence against non-combatants (yes police are non-combatants) in order to bring about change or revolution it is terrorism.

I said this in another thread. Terrorism is not only perpetrated by Muslims. I think most people would call McVeigh a terrorist not a mass murderer. Same thing here, just on a much smaller scale. It doesn't matter how many people were killed, or really if anyone was killed.

new topics

top topics

join