It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 questions you should be asking about Obama and immigration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Well, something needs to be done and apparently we cannot get congress to do jack squat.

These people are here working, paying taxes and fitting in with the rest of us....so why not grant them amnesty? It's better that they continue to contribute than for us to foot the bill to send them back to wherever they came.

I'm sorry...They are NOT "fitting in with us"...come to Chicago and I will show you neighborhoods that look JUST LIKE you stepped off a bus in Mexico or Central America! They are NOT ASSIMILATING!!
edit on 11/16/2014 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, something needs to be done and apparently we cannot get congress to do jack squat.

These people are here working, paying taxes and fitting in with the rest of us....so why not grant them amnesty? It's better that they continue to contribute than for us to foot the bill to send them back to wherever they came.

Except how many of them are? How many of them actually do have tax liability after every is all said and done, and how many of them actually take out more than they will ever put back in?

Most of them are low-skilled and poorly educated. I respect that they work hard, but they still need access to the social safety net in order to live here which makes them more of a drain in many cases than a boon.

If you wish to get a job in the US you must have a SS#, fill out a w-4 form and have taxes taken from your check. Filing exempt on the w-4 throws-up a big red flag to the IRS, so they must claim some deductions. If they have a fake SS#, they do not file for a return because they would get caught. So they do not get a return.

Also, these people do spend the money they earn to live and take care of their families.....all of which have taxes attached. So yes, they do pay taxes, and potentially leave a lot left in the system.

And when you cannot wear or fly American flags in some places because it might incite violence, they clearly are not "fitting in" either

That's a propaganda talking point. It's not even worth addressing.

I can tell you of the summer night a few years back when I made a comment to a guy who was waving round a Mexican flag yelling, "VIVO MEXICO!!" and I stated, "If you love Mexico so much, why don't you go back?" and I was run down from behind, when I was walking away no less, and was punched in the face, chipping two of my front teeth....I am a middle aged woman and this guy who punched me, (AND RAN OFF like a coward when I started to hit back),....was probably aged 22 at MOST....so, I'm not trying to be nasty...but I'm not too sure you have ANY clue what you're actually writing about.......

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Irs paid out 4.2 billion in tax credits to illegals in 2011

Its called buy a vote the democrat way.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Immigration reform / Amnesty is pointless if we don't make it pointless for people to sneak into this country in the first place. Make the punishment 30,000 per illegal caught working for you. Allow people to report anonymous and be able to receive half the fine tax free. We wouldn't have this issue at all.

Were a nation of laws or were not. It doesn't matter what effect this would have on the economy. We would allow more legal Immigration and the economy would adjust and be just fine.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Immigration reform / Amnesty is pointless if we don't make it pointless for people to sneak into this country in the first place. Make the punishment 30,000 per illegal caught working for you. Allow people to report anonymous and be able to receive half the fine tax free. We wouldn't have this issue at all.

Were a nation of laws or were not. It doesn't matter what effect this would have on the economy. We would allow more legal Immigration and the economy would adjust and be just fine.

oh how wonderful it would be if the politicians REALLY cared what is best for our country in stead of what is best for the pockets of a few.....

I grew up in Texas...half of my childhood East Texas and the latter half in the place of my birth, in El Paso....I have seen, since those years, Texas become almost another state in Mexico. I am NOT, despite what I have been called to my face by those who dislike my political view, a BIGOT or racist...whatever.....I think ANYBODY should be able to immigrate to America...going the LEGAL route! Though the paternal side of my family has been here since 1649....my maternal side are almost right off the boat from Scotland and Czechoslovakia...and though they are proud of their heritage...they are fully American! I just have never understood why some immigrants from certain countries just don't WANT to assimilate....and we natural born citizens of America are called racists because we complain and think we should NOT have to "press two for English".....or more importantly......see illegal immigrants get more rights to healthcare, employment opportunities , etc.....than natural born citizens of the US! I honestly now believe that our country is PURPOSELY being dismantled from the inside...and this immigration issues is just a small piece of a bigger picture...

Peace Ya'll
edit on 11/16/2014 by Cornczech because: autocorrect mishaps and stickyfingers

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We should put our own citizens to work before we start bringing in others to do the jobs that Americans won't do. Americans won't do them because we've made so they don't have to.

Its because economic , humanitarian reasons why they won't do them. Its also the reason that Canadians aren't coming down here to work for cheap slave labor in the US.

The main reason is because of the cost of living in America. Americans working on these cheap slave labor jobs can't survive or make any progress to support their family.

The reason these illegals do it is because they are sacrificing themselves NOW for a future or to provide a decent lifestyle for their families back home. Once the illegals save enough money they move back home or send it back home to feed their kids where a $1 is a lot of money.

An American living in America and working under the same pay and same conditions as an illegal can't provide for his family in America.

Its all about the cost of living which Americans can't compete with illegals while living in America.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech

originally posted by: ketsuko

Except how many of them are? How many of them actually do have tax liability after every is all said and done, and how many of them actually take out more than they will ever put back in?

Most of them are low-skilled and poorly educated. I respect that they work hard, but they still need access to the social safety net in order to live here which makes them more of a drain in many cases than a boon.

If you wish to get a job in the US you must have a SS#, fill out a w-4 form and have taxes taken from your check. Filing exempt on the w-4 throws-up a big red flag to the IRS, so they must claim some deductions. If they have a fake SS#, they do not file for a return because they would get caught. So they do not get a return.

Also, these people do spend the money they earn to live and take care of their families.....all of which have taxes attached. So yes, they do pay taxes, and potentially leave a lot left in the system.

And when you cannot wear or fly American flags in some places because it might incite violence, they clearly are not "fitting in" either

That's a propaganda talking point. It's not even worth addressing.

I can tell you of the summer night a few years back when I made a comment to a guy who was waving round a Mexican flag yelling, "VIVO MEXICO!!" and I stated, "If you love Mexico so much, why don't you go back?" and I was run down from behind, when I was walking away no less, and was punched in the face, chipping two of my front teeth....I am a middle aged woman and this guy who punched me, (AND RAN OFF like a coward when I started to hit back),....was probably aged 22 at MOST....so, I'm not trying to be nasty...but I'm not too sure you have ANY clue what you're actually writing about.......

So you say something stupid to a violent dumbass and get your teeth knocked in and that proves that you cannot wear a tshirt with an American flag or fly the flag?

Your little story wasn't even relevant to the topic at hand, yet you question whether or not I know what I'm talking about?

You guys are too easy.

By the way, I work and live around many Mexicans. They are doing just fine fitting in. There may be areas where it is predominately Mexican and they have their little "communities", but that has always been the case in America. On the south side of my town, we have an Italian area. On the north, it's Bosnians and Africans. Everyone seems to get along and business goes on as normal.

I think the problem is that you don't want them to fit in and since they are nothing like you.....you are biased against them. If you're the type of person that would say "if you love Mexico so much, why don't you go back", I have to question your motives on immigration and your intelligence.

Someone with half a brain would never think of saying something so stupid.
edit on 11/16/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join