It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 questions you should be asking about Obama and immigration

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

What *ARE* you talking about?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes, very good post. It's unfortunate that your source is completely biased. But that doesn't mean they're wrong. When I went to their main source of info, FAIR, the sources linked have been pulled and no longer exists.

The information you quoted no longer has the data to back it up.

Here's some unique info about the people you are trying to quote as a good source...with absolutely no hard data to back it up:

In December 2007, FAIR was designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). In its declaration, the SPLC gave a detailed accounting of its determination

FAIR has also been criticized for accepting contributions from the Pioneer Fund. Between 1982 and 1994, FAIR received $1.2 million from the foundation.[31] The Pioneer Fund focuses on projects it perceives will not be easily funded because of controversial, racial, or pro-eugenics subject matter.[12] It was described by the Sunday Telegraph as a "neo-Nazi organization closely integrated with the far right in American politics" in 1989.

Source

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is a group with one mission: to severely limit immigration into the United States. Although FAIR maintains a veneer of legitimacy that has allowed its principals to testify in Congress and lobby the federal government, this veneer hides much ugliness. FAIR leaders have ties to white supremacist groups and eugenicists and have made many racist statements. Its advertisements have been rejected because of racist content. FAIR’s founder, John Tanton, has expressed his wish that America remain a majority-white population: a goal to be achieved, presumably, by limiting the number of nonwhites who enter the country. One of the group’s main goals is upending the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, which ended a decades-long, racist quota system that limited immigration mostly to northern Europeans. FAIR President Dan Stein has called the Act a "mistake."

"As Whites see their power and control over their lives declining, will they simply go quietly into the night? Or will there be an explosion?"
— FAIR founder and board member John Tanton, Oct. 10, 1986

"I've come to the point of view that for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that."
— John Tanton, letter to eugenicist and ecology professor Garrett Hardin (now deceased), Dec. 10, 1993

"I blame ninety-eight percent of responsibility for this country's immigration crisis on Ted Kennedy and his political allies, who decided some time back in 1958, earlier perhaps, that immigration was a great way to retaliate against Anglo-Saxon dominance and hubris, and the immigration laws from the 1920s were just this symbol of that, and it's a form of revengism, or revenge, that these forces continue to push the immigration policy that they know full well are [sic] creating chaos and will continue to create chaos down the line."
— FAIR President Dan Stein, "Oral History of the Federation for American Immigration Reform," interview of Dan Stein by John Tanton, August 1994.

"Do we leave it to individuals to decide that they are the intelligent ones who should have more kids? And more troublesome, what about the less intelligent, who logically should have less? Who is going to break the bad news [to less intelligent individuals], and how will it be implemented?"
— John Tanton, letter to eugenicist Robert K. Graham (now deceased), Sept. 18, 1996

"Immigrants don't come all church-loving, freedom-loving, God-fearing … Many of them hate America, hate everything that the United States stands for. Talk to some of these Central Americans."
— FAIR President Dan Stein, interviewed by Tucker Carlson, Oct. 2, 1997

Source

As xuenchen said: GULP!

Do you guys even read in to things before you quote them as reliable sources? You're trying to make your point using dead-linked sources and racist bigots?

Is that where you get your info to form an opinion....or perhaps you believe in the racist tripe they sell?

Epic Fail!

I would not trust the SPLC on anything,they are a leftist self serving hate group that points fingers at any org that is not of their political persuasion.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What about this.....
H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers
Too much red tape?

I'm not so sure its the red tape that is the issue for them.

1. A legal worker has more work options.
2. A legal worker is documented and costs employers money like workers comp.
3. A legal worker is more likely to know his rights.
4. A legal worker can't work for less than minimum wage.
5. A legal worker gets overtime pay.
6. A legal worker has benefits.
7. A legal worker is more likely to question and stand up to the employer because they are not afraid of getting deported.

It really boils down to cheap slave labor that nobody really watches out for. They are the homeless of the working community in a sense they are invisible.

Sadly immigration is just another example where our gov't (Democrats & Republicans) B$ the public on purpose so they can pass friendly lobbyist solutions.

The only real immigration solution to stop illegal immigration is to prosecute the companies that hire them to a point its not worth the risk for either side.

Its already been proven to work in the Canadian border . Canadians aren't coming over here illegally because they don't have any incentives to come here. Canadians aren't willing to be treated as slave labor and Americans aren't willing to pay them the money they wan't.

edit on 491130America/ChicagoFri, 14 Nov 2014 22:49:07 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 501130America/ChicagoFri, 14 Nov 2014 22:50:11 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I agree.

Thanks for the response.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I agree.

Thanks for the response.

Glad to contribute.

I really wish we could as Americans put our political ideals on the side lines for a temporary time frame and unite as one .

Neither Republicans nor Democrats are really getting told the truth nor are they getting what they want from either party. Only the Lobbyist and politicians are on the winning end.

Imagine if individual republicans and democrats united and demanded that the only topic of discussion and action they want from any official and the RNC and the DNC is to solely deal with the rampant money that gets thrown around in congress.

We might actually be able to hold them to the fire. IMO if we don't do that we will continue on the cycle we have been in for decades possibly centuries.

edit on 001130America/ChicagoFri, 14 Nov 2014 23:00:54 -0600up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
edited to add

Never mind- just not worth it.
edit on 15-11-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
These topics seem to bring out a lot of hatred in people.

Anyway, I hope Obama goes big on immigrations and signs something which will give some kind of work permit to the people that are already here that have families or who where brought here as kids.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: muse7
These topics seem to bring out a lot of hatred in people..

Stating the fact that illegals cost this country BILLIONS of $$ every year, and that the illegals send a lot of their wages back to Mexico, is not 'hatred'. Stating that illegals are usually not well educated and that they are able to get paid for low wage jobs off the grid (not pay taxes) is not 'hatred'. Those are just facts.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
so by some posters comments, they think it is ok for the 1 branch of govt, the president,to circumvent the system and make his own laws bases on what he thinks is right? right?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

And there are so many Americans who are receiving benefits who could go out and do those agricultural jobs, so why aren't we requiring that they heave to and do them? I worked agriculture on my way out of high school as a summer job. If I can learn to tolerate the long hours and conditions, so can most of them.

We should put our own citizens to work before we start bringing in others to do the jobs that Americans won't do. Americans won't do them because we've made so they don't have to.

edit on 15-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

These topics seem to bring out a lot of hatred in people..

Stating the fact that illegals cost this country BILLIONS of $$ every year, and that the illegals send a lot of their wages back to Mexico, is not 'hatred'. Stating that illegals are usually not well educated and that they are able to get paid for low wage jobs off the grid (not pay taxes) is not 'hatred'. Those are just facts.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

But these people choose to overlook that these illegals also pay billions in taxes each year in local and state taxes. States like California and Texas rely on tax money that the illegals pay not to mention the cost of living would be higher if they weren't allowed to pay slave wages and had to pay everyone a livable wage.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

I would not trust the SPLC on anything,they are a leftist self serving hate group that points fingers at any org that is not of their political persuasion

Even if that is the case, I provided quotes from the people involved in the organization used as a source that is clearly racist and white supremacist. They did not provide ant statistics and the links went to pages saying that the info was no longer available.

So even if the SPLC is biased, they were still correct.

My point is that if you wish to debate a topic, know whom you're sourcing, make sure their links are good and for the love of god.....make sure you're not using racist/bigoted sources in an attempt to validate your political positions.

That's the biggest problem in this debate. No one wants to actually look at the facts to see what effect these immigrants have on the economy and automatically jump to demonize them. They are so sucked-in to the propaganda that once they find that they have no facts to support their ideals....they resort to knee-jerk talking points like disrespecting the flag or calling them uneducated.

I hate to say this (not really), but the neoconservatives have done a good job at dumbing down their base. Not a day goes by that we have perfect examples of why people should turn off Foxnews and talk radio.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Anyway, I hope Obama goes big on immigrations and signs something which will give some kind of work permit to the people that are already here that have families or who where brought here as kids.

Exactly. Something needs to be done. I don't like the idea of Obama having to use EO's to do it, but since we have a do nothing congress...what other option do we have?

The democrats do not have the power to pass anything and the republicans would rather spend the ungodly amounts of money it would take to round-up everyone and send them back home. Some sort of amnesty or work bill makes better fiscal sense and it keeps people in the country working and spending money.

We need more people contributing rather than less. For some reason the neocons don't understand that or just don't care.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

>america
>exceptional in high culture.

I take it you haven't heard the one about the difference between an American and Yogurt.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hmmm.

November 14th, 2014 • In his own words, President Obama admits the executive orders on immigration that he is about to unilaterally impose upon the nation, violate the United States constitution. Megyn Kelly has the extensive report.

• Obama Admits Executive Order on Immigration is Unconstitutional • Kelly File •11/14/14 •

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Seriously why isnt step one to build a massive wall, maybe two! Put the drones to use and increase border patrol and them them the tools they need. Unless this is done it's going to be a open gateway until america is nothing more then a thrid world country.

Wonder how many illegals are going to cross the border during the remainder of the obamanation term?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

a reply to: sirlancelot

Wonder how many illegals are going to cross the border during the remainder of the obamanation term?

5 million by estimations based on the Executive Order Amnesties.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Hatred? Where? Just because someone is against illegal immigration, doesn't mean they 'hate' anyone.

That is the LAST thing we need with millions of our citizens unemployed.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

This is an interesting point of view.

I am a citizen. Second generation on my father's side and 7th generation on my mother's. I too fit in and pay taxes. I buy things every day and pay state and federal taxes as well. I even speak and understand some English

In your opinion what laws should I be able to ignore, or what laws should be ignored on my behalf?

Or do you believe the ignoring of the law should only be reserved for non-citizens/new citizens (sort of a door prize sort of thing)?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, yeah, to them it does. If you're not following along with the Obama Agenda, you're racist, stupid, blind and probably have some type of venereal disease. Here we have a country going broke, people can't find decent paying jobs, insurance and medical costs going through the roof and what do they want? To open the flood gates and let in millions more that will continue to drain the system, costing taxpayers more money and bring more drugs and gangs with them. It's all well and good, till it in some way effects them, then it's going to be all about how the Republicans have screwed things up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join