It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 questions you should be asking about Obama and immigration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Øbama is not trying to fix or remedy Immigration Laws...

He is just being malicious... He wants to Punish America and those Conservative Americans who hold the notion of the phrase 'American Exceptionalism'... that America is Exceptional in charity, morality, high culture, science & technology....

His plan is to Transform the Nation into a chaotic mess of diseased, self absorbed, neighborhood pockets of Ethnic Exclusivity instead of a freedom aspiring, respectful group of newcomers who desire to acclimate into a diverse culture with generally shared ideas of living in harmony with others in this melting-pot nation...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

After working beside Spanish speakers for 8 long years, it drove me insane! I felt as though I left MY Country. It was a very strange feeling and one I just could not get used to. When they CHOSE to speak English, we got along so well and laughed and shared much. But it was just easier for them to fall back into speaking Spanish. Being one of the many people who have great difficulty learning another language, it drove me crazy.

I learned greetings and a few words here and there for the Spanish speakers, Africans, French, Asians that I worked with but never could I carry on a conversation with any of them in their native languages. It just irks me that at no other time in our history were we forced to change because of one culture. When all others before them, including LEGAL Spanish speakers learned and spoke English.

Why would we not want to unite people with one language? It is impossible for all of us, including new immigrants, to come here and learn 200 languages.

These are my feelings. I can't speak for all of America.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Øbama is not trying to fix or remedy Immigration Laws...

He is just being malicious... He wants to Punish America and those Conservative Americans who hold the notion of the phrase 'American Exceptionalism'... that America is Exceptional in charity, morality, high culture, science & technology....

His plan is to Transform the Nation into a chaotic mess of diseased, self absorbed, neighborhood pockets of Ethnic Exclusivity instead of a freedom aspiring, respectful group of newcomers who desire to acclimate into a diverse culture with generally shared ideas of living in harmony with others in this melting-pot nation...

Worth quoting.

You got it right

"We" never built that !!!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Well, something needs to be done and apparently we cannot get congress to do jack squat.

The only thing that needs to be done is the effing border secured.

Immigration law works likes it is suppose to: Knock on this house door, and ask for permission to come in.

That is the basic gist of it.

What is not working is the southern border doesn't even enter in to the discussion. Which it should be.

Why is the GD border so important ?

So we don't have 10-30 million illegals screaming make us legals.

The funny part here is ?

Pay attention to those who are sceaming loudest for 'amnesty'.

Is it politicians ?

Is it us legals ?

Is it the illegal's themselves who don't think too much of their home countries they came running to where the grass is 'greener' literally saying American laws ?

'We don't need to follow their laws'.

And the guy whose got a pen, and a phone is all to happy to oblige. Just means more voters for his party.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

www.cairco.org...

The National Academy of Sciences found that the net fiscal drain on American taxpayers is between $166 and $226 a year per native household. Even studies claiming some modest overall gain for the economy from immigration ($1 to $10 billion a year) have found that it is outweighed by the fiscal cost ($15 to $20 billion a year) to native taxpayers."

FAIR research suggests that "between 40 and 50 percent of wage-loss among low-skilled Americans is due to the immigration of low-skilled workers. Some native workers lose not just wages but their jobs through immigrant competition. An estimated 1,880,000 American workers are displaced from their jobs every year by immigration; the cost for providing welfare and assistance to these Americans is over $15 billion a year." The National Research Council, part of the National Academy of Sciences, found in 1997 that the average immigrant without a high school education imposes a net fiscal burden on public coffers of $89,000 during the course of his or her lifetime. The average immigrant with only a high school education creates a lifetime fiscal burden of $31,000.8

Illegal aliens have cost billions of taxpayer-funded dollars for medical services. Dozens of hospitals in Texas, New Mexico Arizona, and California, have been forced to close or face bankruptcy because of federally-mandated programs requiring free emergency room services to illegal aliens. Taxpayers pay half-a-billion dollars per year incarcerating illegal alien criminals.

Immigration is a net drain on the economy; corporate interests reap the benefits of cheap labor, while taxpayers pay the infrastructural cost. FAIR research shows "the net annual cost of immigration has been estimated at between $67 and $87 billion a year. The National Academy of Sciences found that the net fiscal drain on American taxpayers is between $166 and $226 a year per native household. Even studies claiming some modest overall gain for the economy from immigration ($1 to $10 billion a year) have found that it is outweighed by the fiscal cost ($15 to $20 billion a year) to native taxpayers."

"In the NAFTA era, a staggering 87 percent of Mexico's imports go to the United States, while Mexicans living in the United States send home more than $8 billion annually. Fox has said he considers his constituency to include the 22 million to 24 million Mexicans and Mexican-Americans in the United States. Mexican candidates now make campaign stops in U.S. cities like Los Angeles, Phoenix and Fresno, Calif." (Mexico's muddle, Ruben Navarrette Jr., March 26, 2003)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Good post

[ as they go "Gulp" ]

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You deserve far more than one star!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only thing that needs to be done is the effing border secured.

The border does indeed need to be secure, but then we have the one's who overstay their visas that we'll have to work on and that anchor baby thing has got to go.

We need existing laws enforced, not ignored. We need to stop rewarding people who break the laws.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We definitely need something instead of the status quo.

Not wait for every administration and keep passing 'amnesty's'.

What they have been doing since the 80s clearly has not been working.

We end back up in the same boat.

And a certain party that shall remain nameless needs to stop acting like hispanics are the only people that want to come here.

Because there are lots of others that do.

edit on 14-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Forget the 5 questions lets start with one:

1. Why would Republicans want to fix immigration when the biggest offender of immigration is the agriculture industry who happens to grease the republicans the most?

www.opensecrets.org...

Note I don't think the democrats are going to do it either because they are getting greased as well, but certainly not the republicans.

Bottom line neither party is going to do it otherwise they would be discussing the real fix:
PROSECUTE the companies that hire illegals to make not worth the risk.

edit on 411130America/ChicagoFri, 14 Nov 2014 19:41:43 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Billions are sent to foreign countries, yes. Can you prove how much is sent out by illegals? I haven't seen those numbers.

Source

MEXICO CITY – Mexico received $21.59 billion in remittances from emigrants in 2013, a figure that was down 3.7 percent compared to 2012, the Bank of Mexico said.

Remittances sent by Mexicans living abroad, mainly in the United States, are the country’s second-largest source of foreign exchange, after oil, and help cover the living expenses of millions of people.

I think the benefit of illegal immigrants is greater for the Mexican economy, than our own. They impose a great strain on the medical services here, and the services and benefits our own citizens should have available. I have no problem with immigrants, but those that ignore our laws are the ones I take issue with.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It's basically the same in Europe. Governments are finding themselves facing massive issues and the number of immigrant inflow only increases. Social tensions are rising.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

But can we prove the agriculture industry is using mostly illegal immigrants?

Isn't there some special visas already in place?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yes, very good post. It's unfortunate that your source is completely biased. But that doesn't mean they're wrong. When I went to their main source of info, FAIR, the sources linked have been pulled and no longer exists.

The information you quoted no longer has the data to back it up.

Here's some unique info about the people you are trying to quote as a good source...with absolutely no hard data to back it up:

In December 2007, FAIR was designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). In its declaration, the SPLC gave a detailed accounting of its determination

FAIR has also been criticized for accepting contributions from the Pioneer Fund. Between 1982 and 1994, FAIR received $1.2 million from the foundation.[31] The Pioneer Fund focuses on projects it perceives will not be easily funded because of controversial, racial, or pro-eugenics subject matter.[12] It was described by the Sunday Telegraph as a "neo-Nazi organization closely integrated with the far right in American politics" in 1989.

Source

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is a group with one mission: to severely limit immigration into the United States. Although FAIR maintains a veneer of legitimacy that has allowed its principals to testify in Congress and lobby the federal government, this veneer hides much ugliness. FAIR leaders have ties to white supremacist groups and eugenicists and have made many racist statements. Its advertisements have been rejected because of racist content. FAIR’s founder, John Tanton, has expressed his wish that America remain a majority-white population: a goal to be achieved, presumably, by limiting the number of nonwhites who enter the country. One of the group’s main goals is upending the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, which ended a decades-long, racist quota system that limited immigration mostly to northern Europeans. FAIR President Dan Stein has called the Act a "mistake."

"As Whites see their power and control over their lives declining, will they simply go quietly into the night? Or will there be an explosion?"
— FAIR founder and board member John Tanton, Oct. 10, 1986

"I've come to the point of view that for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that."
— John Tanton, letter to eugenicist and ecology professor Garrett Hardin (now deceased), Dec. 10, 1993

"I blame ninety-eight percent of responsibility for this country's immigration crisis on Ted Kennedy and his political allies, who decided some time back in 1958, earlier perhaps, that immigration was a great way to retaliate against Anglo-Saxon dominance and hubris, and the immigration laws from the 1920s were just this symbol of that, and it's a form of revengism, or revenge, that these forces continue to push the immigration policy that they know full well are [sic] creating chaos and will continue to create chaos down the line."
— FAIR President Dan Stein, "Oral History of the Federation for American Immigration Reform," interview of Dan Stein by John Tanton, August 1994.

"Do we leave it to individuals to decide that they are the intelligent ones who should have more kids? And more troublesome, what about the less intelligent, who logically should have less? Who is going to break the bad news [to less intelligent individuals], and how will it be implemented?"
— John Tanton, letter to eugenicist Robert K. Graham (now deceased), Sept. 18, 1996

"Immigrants don't come all church-loving, freedom-loving, God-fearing … Many of them hate America, hate everything that the United States stands for. Talk to some of these Central Americans."
— FAIR President Dan Stein, interviewed by Tucker Carlson, Oct. 2, 1997

Source

As xuenchen said: GULP!

Do you guys even read in to things before you quote them as reliable sources? You're trying to make your point using dead-linked sources and racist bigots?

Is that where you get your info to form an opinion....or perhaps you believe in the racist tripe they sell?

Epic Fail!

edit on 11/14/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/14/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Billions are sent to foreign countries, yes. Can you prove how much is sent out by illegals? I haven't seen those numbers.

Source

MEXICO CITY – Mexico received $21.59 billion in remittances from emigrants in 2013, a figure that was down 3.7 percent compared to 2012, the Bank of Mexico said.

Remittances sent by Mexicans living abroad, mainly in the United States, are the country’s second-largest source of foreign exchange, after oil, and help cover the living expenses of millions of people.

I think the benefit of illegal immigrants is greater for the Mexican economy, than our own. They impose a great strain on the medical services here, and the services and benefits our own citizens should have available. I have no problem with immigrants, but those that ignore our laws are the ones I take issue with.

Ok, the question was how much of that is from illegals. This quote did not touch on the topic at hand.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

We are not changing to fit another culture. That's silly. We are only accommodating until they get caught up. Right now many young mexicans are bilingual and in a short time this will no longer be an issue.

Right now we just have to deal with the ignorant, xenophobic nutbags that are afraid of them because they think they are going to take over the country and force them to eat tortillas and hot sauce.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Good post

[ as they go "Gulp" ]

So you support the words from a white supremacy, neo-nazi, eugenics-supporting group of nutbags?

Either many of you have no clue what you're supporting, or you agree with their ideology.

As you would say, your true intent is being exposed.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

But can we prove the agriculture industry is using mostly illegal immigrants?

Here is the Agricultural industry blatantly tell the people that they need illegals in order to survive.

They aren't even prepared if they where forced to only hire legal workers.

The American Farm Bureau:
www.fb.org...

American farmers and ranchers are confident they produce the best, most affordable food in the world, but they also realize foreign workers are an integral part of production

The difficulty with E-Verify for agriculture in particular is we currently do not have in place a system that allows us to get legal workers.

We hear stories from all across the country about the difficulties farmers have in getting workers who are authorized to work and if E-Verify is required of farmers

edit on 441130America/ChicagoFri, 14 Nov 2014 20:44:57 -0600up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don`t think illegals should be allowed to become citizens but I have no problem with letting them stay here IF they have jobs and are paying taxes.
I think most of them come here for the jobs not for citizenship,if they don`t have a job then deport them and definitely don`t give them any government handouts.

We have American citizens who have never worked a day in their life and never will, they live on government handouts,so why should we deport people who WANT to work and HAVE jobs merely because they weren`t born here?

If I had my choice I would deport the lifelong welfare recipients even if they are legal citizens.The country can survive having illegal workers but we can`t survive having legal bums.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Interesting. Good post.

What about this.....

H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers

Too much red tape?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join