It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enforce a Maximum Wage!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
All money is for nothing. This is the true discrepancy in our ideological stances.

If money is for nothing, please explain how you plan to barter for food? Are you sure you have something the all the other parties will want?

Trade mediums (money) play a vital role in the operation of any economy larger than a small village.

There is a reason basic bartering has been gone for 5,000+ years.

Nothing in life has any value or meaning to me. I have no passion, no drive, no desires.
Birth, school, job, marriage, kids, death. What about this cycle is supposed to be appealing to me?
The idea of "Economy" is inherently evil.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

What about this cycle is supposed to be appealing to me?

Love.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I'd rather see them kill the golden goose. Then be eaten.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The idea of love is far too influenced & warped by modern day materialism & wage disparity. I'm far past the need of finding someone who I would need to spend all my time with.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

humans are social animals. we do what everyone else does. that is what creatures do: mimic each others behavior. It is what helps delineate one species from the next, with behaviors driving genetic changes.

with that said, economy is a construct meant to create a social norm that mobilizes a human population towards a more synergistic reality. Since humanity on the whole buys into the concept of economy, we are willing to work to become a sum greater than its equal parts.

Why? Because my warm bed beats the holy hell out of a cave or a teepee.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

What about this cycle is supposed to be appealing to me?

Love.

Yes, you understand this is worth it, all of it is. Bless you.

I have no direct answers to this problem, but I'm glad Jessie brought it up.

Thank you Jessie!

I rewatched 'Inside Job' just the other day to refresh me on some of the bigger problems. But mostly learning from threads on ATS I came to the conclusion that the Federal Reserve is one of the top problems; private entities controlling our wealth. Next is the existence of Fiat currency backed by nothing (they print what they feel like and QE the problems away). Finally derivatives and fractional reserve banking need to be outlawed.

I know I'm oversimplifying, but I am not an economist. These are just the main things I see causing/allowing immense corruption and greed to affect the monetary system, and giving the uber greedy the ability to screw over the working class.

How to implement these I have very few ideas outside a fullscale violent revolution or tons of education for the masses

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

...just take evil and trade it with perverted. cooperation/exploitation

ones greatest strength is matched with ones greatest weakness.

money has value. it gives leverage to those who aim to leverage against others with less ambitious pursuits...

what would we do if we found out too late that electricity makes us sterile as a species?

feel like singing any campfire songs?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Flatfish

Hm. Well what if a company isn't doing very well and the CEO isn't making a lot of money? Who would want to work for a company where the lowest paid job is getting $5/hr when someone next door is getting $8/hr?

This would cause a downward spiral in companies that are already struggling. People would jump ship before the company collapsed. The more people that do, the faster the company fails.

For starters, it sounds to me like that company probably has bigger issues than the pay rate of it's lowest paid employees.

Secondly, the problem of finding and retaining good labor is nothing new and every good CEO knows that in order to be successful at doing so, they're going to have to compete with the compensation packages being offered by other companies for similar work.

Lastly, we're only talking about minimums here. There's absolutely nothing standing in the way of the employer paying more than the minimum.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

C'mon, CEOs might be the best within a company but there not much different in intelligence or skillset than the average working Joe in that same company. How about the son who gets a job from daddy CEO and gets paid more than the custodian at his company while the custodian offers a more valuable skill set.

CEOs may know how to put on a fancy suit and say the right things or have a better ability to forego morals in exchange for profit, but that doesn't make them that much more important then the rest of the crew.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join